Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    World Free
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Maybe I'm missing something here but, once you have the Weapon Damage Formula, isn't the only thing that matters the crit modified base damage?

With Bio as an example I get 116.418 for the "old" BiS and 116.245 for the "new" BiS set.

Using Fester as an example I get 873.142 and 871.843 for "old" and "new".

Not sure why that doesn't correlate to the Stat weights and Total INT calculations. But old > new on per cast basis

EDIT: Also, What about Maim and Mend I at Level 20 which is a 10% boost to base action damage
    (2)
    Last edited by WorldFree; 01-17-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kalandros Shadowsun
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Thats just theoretical BiS for Twintania.
    You don't need that much Accuracy for anything else.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luna Clear
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Caster accuracy is the same for all of coil, unlike physical classes who have different requirements for 1-4 and 5.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Torin Escarpa
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalandros View Post
    Thats just theoretical BiS for Twintania.
    You don't need that much Accuracy for anything else.
    So you take off the earring and use the allagan one instead. You take off the acc belt/ring and use a better one instead. I mean, I can math out sub-448 acc sets, but this is BiS for 448. The whole point was to disprove the long help (by many, not all) idea that CRT > DET for purposes of determining what is best, when it isn't that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldFree View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here but, once you have the Weapon Damage Formula, isn't the only thing that matters the crit modified base damage?

With Bio as an example I get 116.418 for the "old" BiS and 116.245 for the "new" BiS set.

Not sure why that doesn't correlate to the Stat weights and Total INT calculations. But old > new on per cast basis

EDIT: Also, What about Maim and Mend I at Level 20 which is a 10% boost to base action damage
    Damage per cast is not the whole picture, you need to factor in spell speed, which contributes to overall weight.

Maim and Mend I does not stack with Main and Mend II.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    World Free
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rin View Post
    Damage per cast is not the whole picture, you need to factor in spell speed, which contributes to overall weight.

Maim and Mend I does not stack with Main and Mend II.
    Even when ignoring spell speed the Total INT weight is ~706 for old BiS and ~716 for new BiS.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Torin Escarpa
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Even when ignoring spell speed the Total INT weight is ~706 for old BiS and ~716 for new BiS.
    You do bring up a good point... hmmm..

So right now.. I'm determining weights based on gear adjusted stat totals. Then I'm applying those weights to the gear based stat totals to determine a point value for the entire set. It seems like I need something that is more static somewhere in order to make the gear sets relative to each other.

In no scenario should a set that ignores SS contribution produce less damage per hit than another set with a lower weighted int total. Yet that is what is happening. Perhaps creating a valuation of the set as a whole based on relative stat weights is not the way to go. I need to come up with a better way to factor in SS contributions as a modifier to the damage formula itself, which means we need to sim a rotation which is at least a minute in length, to figure out a true SS modifier.

Well, this is discouraging, but helpful. Obviously my methodology for determining BiS is flawed, I guess the question is... what should be done to fix it? It seems based on preliminary results, that the old and new sets are very close without SS factored in and will be even closer with SS factored in, but obviously this disconnect between stat weights and damage output needs to be corrected.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ticdup Unffunff
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Over how many samples of fester with each gear was done to derive these averages?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Torin Escarpa
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by ticdup View Post
    Over how many samples of fester with each gear was done to derive these averages?
    None, they were calculated.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trance Paradinefellow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    There goes the new BIS
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Torin Escarpa
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by paradigmfellow View Post
    There goes the new BIS
    No, from the numbers, and the un-factored in SS, which is better on the new sets, the end result is going to be that the old and new are almost identical in damage output. Which is good, because people with the old set won't be bad off, and people have the flexibility of adopting the new set.

There is just more work to be done, we have to sim out a proper rotation with the damage formula and gear set bonuses before we can really know what produces the best damage. My methodology for determining what is best simply brought a new set into the spotlight. Now we need to create a scenario that is as close to actual gameplay as possible to figure out which is actually best.

In the end, I am fairly certain they are going to be _really_ close.
    (0)

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast