Player
    Character
    Kasoka Croixe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Bored, starting a new character, WHM or BLM?

Have not seen either of those cities stories yet, and both seem interesting. Going to be playing a roe.

BLM: I always love a class that specialized in exploding all the things. also, OMGFLARESOSHINY!

WHM: I like the "Direct throughput" kind of healer. Holy looks boss. also unicorn!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gil Song
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 66
    Well, do you want to heal or DPS? That is the real question. I will say this as a iLvL 90 WHM and iLvL 75 SMN, WHM is more difficult to play in almost every scenario, more widely sought out for groups, and really fun to play. I know my BLM friend is getting bored with the class and the limited rotation. On the other hand, I am loving WHM even though I have played it since launch and only need my iLvL 95 weapon for a complete gear set (damn RNG!).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nevva Kenezer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 52
    Do you want to dps or heal?
    (0)

Conjurer is such a snore fest to play tho :<
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kasoka Croixe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Probably going to go with WHM, Mostly because I'm closer to having BLM on my main. So, rock chucking and healing people time!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Esen Kha
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I am currently levelling White Mage through dungeons.

It's really fun to play during boss encounters, but it is really boring for mobs unless the group is trying to pull as many monsters on the tank as possible. If you want to not do nothing most of the dungeon, you can do some damage, but you are so limited in offensive skills. As level 37, offensive skills means one damage over time and one skill to spawn. The other two offensive skills that I have are not worth it. Also, no combo attacks. So even while attacking a bit, it gets so boring I usually stick to healing even if it means I do nothing (at least that way I'm not falling asleep or running the risk of not healing the tank).

Also, you get really quick queues on Duty Roulette, low level dungeons and I assume high level dungeons also. Mid level dungeons, 28 and above, the queues are longer for healer. Not as bad as damage dealers, but long enough to be annoying and too short to do something worthwhile.

Unicorn only requires to finish the Conjurer class story (level 30). You don't actually need White Mage to unlock it. In fact, if you try to bring in the quest as a White Mage, you won't be able to return it as it requires Conjurer.
    (0)