Player
    Character
    Days Metherlence
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Is there any truth to this?

I have noticed a very large jump in the amount of alagan weapons that I have been seeing on people. I understand that the content has been out for quite some time now and that more people are able to do it however the people i am noticing the weapons on are the same people who have been stuck on Garuda EX or have not made it past Turn two of coil.

When I started asking around about it i was told that certain players/Fc's have gained access to a program of some sort that allows them to render the mobs on turn 5 inactive. I am not sure if it is specific to that particular set of mobs or not but thats the only instance that i have heard it being used.

Now i would have brushed this off to nonsense just as fast as most of you would however as i said earlier i have noticed a very big jump in the amount of people running around with alagan weapons. its not just that people have them. Its more specifically the people who have them, people with one level 50 job hardly in full DL with an alagan weapon.

Anyone else heard of this or anything like it?
    (0)

Leader/Founder of Aegis of Eorzea, Hyperion.
    www.aegisofeorzea.com

Player
    Character
    Ryios Locke
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    If they can't get past turn 2, they can't go to turn 5, have to down turn 4 to get in there. But I doubt it's true, it's more likely that solid groups are selling runs with loot privileges.

E.g. a static that has it on farm and has all BiS and needs nothing, replaces one member with a pug who paid millions to be carried through it all with loot rights, they pass everything and the buyer gets all the loot. And they likely can even do turn 5 with him just sitting at the entrance. You don't need all 8 people for fireballs and conflags. 1 OT and a Pet can eat fireballs.
    (1)

Player

I would think that is definitely a bannable offense, so you won't get anyone to admit to it here. But it certainly is possible. There's a lot of smart people out there who understand coding. Why risk the ban hammer just to stroke your e-peen though? I will never understand that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Days Metherlence
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yea, but i was told there was a similar issue in FFXI that people were not banned until nearly 6 months after the fact.
    (0)

www.aegisofeorzea.com

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    There is some truth to it - take into consideration how "open" XIV's client is that allows some serious hacking and manipulation to happen. Even SE knows there's some serious security loopholes.

Hopefully the maintenance tomorrow is to fix this. Also, the ban you're speaking of is the Salvage Ban - SE didn't ban right away because they were basically luring the cheaters into continuing to do so and swift banned tons of people, including full Linkshells (MercX lol). Heck some threatened to sue SE. So it's not that SE waited 6 months and did nothing, they were collecting info on who exploited.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Peng Luluon
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 44
    Mob AI/data should be server-side. This sounds highly unlikely.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lhei Fox
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DaysMetherlence View Post
    I have noticed a very large jump in the amount of alagan weapons that I have been seeing on people. I understand that the content has been out for quite some time now and that more people are able to do it however the people i am noticing the weapons on are the same people who have been stuck on Garuda EX or have not made it past Turn two of coil.
    IF you got coil weapon you have beaten turn 5
    There is small possibility some FC has sold a run to a player " pay to win ".
    There was issue where last boss got buged out but that was longtime ago.

Im stuck on garuda Ex is nothing wrong with that.
    Im not in a rush.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Days Metherlence
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Gotcha. I was just curious about it. I personally can not see how its fun to render a bunch of mobs immobile and then just face roll your keyboard at them while they just stand there doing nothing.
    (0)

www.aegisofeorzea.com

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
    Mob AI/data should be server-side. This sounds highly unlikely.
    Guess what else is server side? Your character info, yet you could manipulate that data to tell the server to make you whatever you want it to, i.e hit level 50 in 4 seconds. It was a huge exploit not too long ago.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Days Metherlence
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryios View Post
    If they can't get past turn 2, they can't go to turn 5, have to down turn 4 to get in there.
    I understand how coil works.... However, if your group leader has beaten up to turn 5 and you have not it is very easy to just jump to that turn

Quote Originally Posted by Tagihi View Post
    IF you got coil weapon you have beaten turn 5
    again.... i do know how coil works...

Its just with all of the bugs and data problems this game has i find it hard to believe that something like this is NOT happening and more likely that it is in fact happening
    (1)

www.aegisofeorzea.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast