Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60

2.2 CoB New Turns, New gear, New Tomes?

So 2.1 is behind us and there is still plenty to do. But I'm looking forward to 2.2 for the next set of Coils. So I wanted to know some stuff. We are suppose to get AF2 in 2.2, Are these going to be bought with new Tomes or maybe drop from new Turns?

I don't know how others feel but I'm sick of RNG in this game for drops in CoB. It's been over three months and I haven't gotten my Legs in T1 or Waist in T4 and doing them weekly.

What I Hope 2.2 Will be is that the new Turns drop new Tomes to buy new gear doesn't have to be used to buy AF2. At least then you have some chance to get new gear even if it takes 2 weeks for one. Cause not everyone has mad luck and can gear out in a month or less.

It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have a week long lockout. Don't want to make a lockout thread plenty of those.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    When new tombs get released Myth will probably be relieved of the lockout and the new tomes will have the new weekly lockout.
    (2)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlord View Post
    When new tombs get released Myth will probably be relieved of the lockout and the new tomes will have the new weekly lockout.
    Yeah I'm 100% sure the new Tomes will have a weekly cap. But I hope the Tomes will be used for CoB gear instead of this stupid RNG crap. Watched my wife get MNK legs 2 weeks in a row in a PUG, Just like I've only seen 3 piece of Tank gear drop in over 3 months. RNG sucks on content that has week long lockouts.

They'll just boost Myth tomes to like 750 a week cap I doubt they will remove it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Resa Nome
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I'm sure they will release a few new level 50 dungeons that drop iLevel 65 gear....and tomes that you can buy ilevel 100 gear with. I don't know about you, but I'm sure excited to get that primary stat and a few secondary stats to a slightly higher number.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Miley Cyrus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I have a few friends on my list who haven't even gotten a single piece of Allagan the last couple of months because of SE's legendary RNG system. So, I'd rather see a token system dedicated specifically for Allagan gear in general. It would be cool if you get a token per Turn. This system would be somewhat similar to how Primal weapons are handled.

3 tokens = accessory
    5 tokens = head, gloves, belt, boots
    10 tokens = chest, pants, weapon

Such wishful thinking though
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Resa Nome
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gucci_Charms View Post
    I have a few friends on my list who haven't even gotten a single piece of Allagan the last couple of months because of SE's legendary RNG system. So, I'd rather see a token system dedicated specifically for Allagan gear in general. It would be cool if you get a token per Turn. This system would be somewhat similar to how Primal weapons are handled.

3 tokens = accessory

You are asking for a properly designed token system. Wishful thinking indeed.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rin Tezuka
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    To be honest, they need to pull back on adding too many "currencies" like tomes. It's pretty overwhelming to a new (or returning) player to see a dozen different currencies and have to hunt down which ones are useful, which ones are outdated and where/how to acquire/use them. It's simply too much to (re)learn and makes things overly complicated. I'd be in favor of it if they retired outdated currencies and simply replaced them with gil/seals. It's especially bad with tomes, seeing as the numbers are extremely large and the required numbers for purchase are nearly nonsensical (495? 375? Seriously? Did they have Walmart employees price these?)

Even now, if they simply removed the cap for myth, philo would be near-useless outside of the crafting mats (for gear that would be even less desirable without a myth cap). Why even keep it in the game at that point? Why buy an ilvl70 Darklight piece when in two more runs of WP in your AF gear you'd have ilvl90 Relic?

I don't enjoy the RNG aspect of drops, but there has to be a better way than adding a new currency for every ilvl. A single, tradable, inventory token upon completion that redeems a piece of armor from a dungeon, perhaps? Keeping the numbers small (like 3 for Body/Legs, 2 for Head/Hands/Feet, 1 for Accessories/Belt) would mean you'd be spending them quickly so your inventory would stay clear, and your currency screen isn't flooded with outdated junk. And when said tokens are useless? None would be the wiser, and you'd simply remove the extra one or two from your inventory and never see/worry about them again.
    (2)
    Last edited by CHunterX; 01-07-2014 at 04:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Galen Amaranthe
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    New tomes or not- Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn to Grind Tokens- is really annoying.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Diamond Lex
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It's running in circles.
    Even now having RGN we are all copycat of the next of our class. With one more piece maybe because lucky, but sooner or later he will get his one.
    RNG help to stretch this illusion to be different (and poor armor design , vanity once online if well implemented may help attempting to find uniqueness).
    If you remove RGN everyone would go on the lazy boring route waiting the reset , and everyone is the same with weekly gear. Funny thing, token gear fullset is (obiouvsly?) not on par with a dropped one.
    Funny thing devs made on this game? Dropped gear fullset is not the best at all. A nice example may be WHM allagan boots. Myth ones performs way better.
    At the end to gain good performance we end up with a patchwork of gear and clownish results.
    Token may ease the bad luck on your weekly CoB run,true. But then you're bored to grind them, dealing with bad luck week by week.

I can continue but i would end up talking in circles.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gucci_Charms View Post

3 tokens = accessory

This would work as well. Over 3 months and only 3 tank pieces that's complete crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CHunterX View Post
    snip.
    Adding Tomes to me is perfectly fine to me. I don't mind the prices on gear, It keeps us from capping gear in a few days on one job. As for the new/returning players all of it is still useful. Or at least it would be if SE took full advantage of their ilvl requirements, By forcing player to gear up to do the said ilvl content.

At some point there will be no caps on Myth but then We'll have better gear bought with new tomes that have weekly caps. And eventually all gear becomes obsolete.

Tokens or Tomes either works. I just hate RNG on Content that a lockout for a week.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast