Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloGenX View Post
    New tomes or not- Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn to Grind Tokens- is really annoying.
    I remember in 1.0 people complained about the RNG of the items and wanted a "token based" system in place so that people can get a primal weapon even though they didn't get 1 dropped by a primal.

Now in 2.0 some people are against this system.
    (1)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Secare Miura
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    The RNG seems so terrible because it's a weekly lock out a long with it. I've never played a game that had RNG AND a WEEK lock out. I personally hate token systems, just give me RNG with no week lock out, maybe like a day or something.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Resa Nome
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlord View Post
    I remember in 1.0 people complained about the RNG of the items and wanted a "token based" system in place so that people can get a primal weapon even though they didn't get 1 dropped by a primal.

Now in 2.0 some people are against this system.
    I think people are more against the implementation, not the system itself.

I think many expected the ARR token system to work similar to how the primal system did in 1.0. That is that content rewarded you with tokens to be able to just buy the gear that otherwise dropped from said content to alleviate terrible loot drop luck.

The current implementation just sucks. iLevel 90 tome rewards from content that drops ilevel55-60 gear? Meanwhile you could have been clearing coil since the release of ARR and likely not seen certain pieces of Allagan drop and it's not like you can re-run the dungeon and just do it enough until something you want drops. The itemization just has been really, really poor in ARR so far with no concept of proper loot progression.
    (3)
    Last edited by Ladon; 01-07-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladon View Post
    Snip.
    Well I hope they do something cause if ARR is going to be nothing but week long lockouts and RNG then this game is going to suck after 2.2..... Good thing a lot of badass games come out soon.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kaguya Houraisan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    I'm curious to know if...

Our current "Coil" will be obsolete.
    New Coil turns will bring another gear gap, item level 110, forcing us to wait until 2.3 for level 100 gear, and bringing another false difficulty like current Coil.
    AF2 will be obtainable with tokens and is behind lockouts.
    We will have revelant 4-person dungeons, that we do to drop gear, and not get tokens.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Velo'a Nharoz
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Well seeing how we got AF through a quest, and relic through a quest...I would like to see an epic quest system set up for AF2. But it shouldn't be as easy to get as AF. Maybe a full-length quest (like for relic) but for each piece, tuned to a point where it will take a good amount of time and effort to get the best gear in the game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Irisa Phoenix
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I am against them releasing the next new top tier high level gear so fast. Come on it has not even been a year or two and you want to release new end game loot?

I still am leveling my main toon, not to mention my subs (which do not have a single allagan yet).

Do not mind if they release alternate top tier loot compatible with current gear or better looking vanity slot items.

But don't you all think it is too fast for new gear especially with current RNG systems.

Regards.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Warlyx Arada
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    just put myth gear on Phylo tomes and new gear on mythology tomes

more currency? NO THANKS ,got tired of it in FFXI and rift , both games used lots of types of currency for every other endgame event was frustrating D:
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Veera Aurora
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    the new gears will be some kind of loot with ilvl 100 from coil

as for tomes these ilvl100 gears will remain strongest til 2.3 then they will add ilvl100 gears through myth without cap and with way higher price

maybe double the amount AF2 price
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Irisa Phoenix
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson-Falcon View Post
    the new gears will be some kind of loot with ilvl 100 from coil

as for tomes these ilvl100 gears will remain strongest til 2.3 then they will add ilvl100 gears through myth without cap and with way higher price

maybe double the amount AF2 price
    No Thank. Hope this does not come true. Might be ok if you have only 1 main class but for the rest it is horrible.

I want to level up my alt. Not make all my efforts meaningless within so short a time period.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast