Player
    Character
    Cally Evergrey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihael_Longclaw View Post
    I was in a group, and there were 2 vets who were guaranteed they could solo everything, but there 5 new players, & I knew how awful being rushed there was.

Ended up kicking the more vocal one, and the other DPS shut up after that and let the new players actually enjoy it.
    Sounds like a group i was in a while ago. The most vocal speed runner kept insulting the new guy, who didn't know the fights that never got explained, saying he must have bought his character on ebay. I've never initiated a vote kick before or since, but damn did it feel good to get rid of that toxic player, right before last boss too.

Thankfully, most groups i've been in have been good to new players, especially if they say up front they have never been there before. They ask if they want to watch cut scenes, and that they don't mind if they do, just want to know to be careful before pulling boss before everyone is ready. They explain boss fights, go slower, etc.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shiloh Everlost
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Raestloz View Post
    No.

Disabling cutscene skips should automatically grant you golden blings and replace your character's last name with dbag4life, and applies Brink of Death permanently just to be sure.

SE has already implemented something like that, where you can't move out of range until everyone has finished.

The problem is the fact that you can indeed watch the cutscenes at your own pace and leisure at the inn. For. Every. Single. Quest. Ever. You caneven watch them in a loop until the world ends and nobody will care about it (aside from you). But forcing others to wait for you while they could very well be in a rush is extremely rude. Maybe they just want a quick fix before dinner, just want to finish this one last dungeon before going to bed, or whatever. Point is, you are trying to deliberately force people to waste their time so you can enjoy your movies, something you can already do in a place and time that won't bother others
    I've said it before and I'll keep saying it (and as someone who has already beaten these dungeons and is doing the end-game grind) if you do not have enough time to enter a dungeon and use the entire alotment of time the game gives you, you have no business queueing up for it in the first place.

And I've also said before that someone getting to experience their first time through a dungeon and all of the atmosphere, story-telling, and depth that the developer's included will always, in my mind, trump a speedrunner's desire to go through the dungeon the umpteenth time for tomes.

Everyone has a first time, and we should all be working to make it a good one. Why? Because if we don't they'll leave and our community will rot and all we'll be left with are asshat speedrunning, elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    I'm a tank so am a lucky one who gets to avoid drama, things are done how I choose them to be. Not that I am a Dick about it, I ask if people want side rooms done or ignored. If someone is new I assume they wish to view cutscenes so cutscenes they shall watch, without harassment, if anyone has issue they are welcome to be kicked and find another group.

I know people have a mentality of getting things done asap, modern games encourage a rushrushrush attitude, but seriously, chill out, a bit of patience wont kill you. Go pee, or get a drink or something while ya wait
    Unfortunately, being a tank doesn't completely fix the problem. There's always a second tank in these two dungeons and oft times you only need one. So you can be completely ignored if the other tank happens to be one of those speedrunners I quantified above.

That said, I think it's a damn shame that there is still this mentality that people should have to gut their experience doing these story intensive dungeons for the first time, for people who've done them multiple times to get rewarded and leave faster.

The whole point of the roulette is to encourage you people to go down there to a dungeon you would not normally do to help people. Shoving them through without explaining mechanics, or allowing them to actually experience the dungeon is not helping. You're using these new players at the cost of their being able to experience the game as intended.

And shame on every one of you who does.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Vespereaux Vaillantes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    My first runs in Prae and Castrum were like this and I had to suck it up and then go back and watch the cutscenes later in the inn.

While I can understand not wanting to sit around waiting for people when you want to just get a dungeon over with, I feel that a good deal of the playerbase could use a healthy dose of patience and understanding when it comes to other players, especially less experienced or newer ones.

Insulting a player that doesn't know certain strategies or such, pretty much never helps the situation and doesn't suddenly make them know what to do, while being understanding and explaining things to them and helping to teach them will often result in a smoother run and ultimately one more competent player.

I advise any player that is new to a dungeon to let the group know when you all get in and to ask if you want to watch the cutscenes. This way nobody just assumes that you know what to do and want to speed through it, which will hopefully result in less hate being tossed around in the group.
    (5)
    Last edited by TouchandFeel; 01-10-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maya Neko
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I love this lively debate we are having. I love the fact there are so many others agreeing with my original point even more. Sometimes I almost wish I was a tank just to go slower sometime, but then I realize I have no desire to tank ever.
    (1)
    We refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. So we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke;1753321[B
    ]You could use the party finder to find people that don't care if they have to wait. [/B]Just today, I recruited through party finder for Haukke Manor Hard and I explicitly said that we don't skip cutscenes and you can learn the dungeon at your own pace. Within 20 minutes the party was full. People got to see the Cutscenes in the context of how they are supposed to be viewed, and I was able to share my knowledge of the dungeon. Gave me the warm fuzzies.

When you go through DF, it's a crap shoot. If you are worried about drama, just use the party finder and let your intentions be known before people even join.
    The problem with this is...you have it BACKWARDS. The storyline is important, and shouldn't be skipped for 'speed and tomes y'all'. If people who've already passed this content/are over-geared for it etc want to speed run it. Fine. But they shouldn't expect to find that within a DF party or the Duty Roulette. It is THEM who should be using the party finder to suit their needs, not the other way around.

If you use DF, expect to watch cs's, have people of all gear and skill levels, and be patient and accept your lot.

So yes, people can of course us the Party Finder both ways to set the terms of their run...but you shouldn't need to do that for a normal, watch the CS's for storyline dungeon clears. It should be assumed by those entering 'someone will be new and we'll be watching CS's.'
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Just speak with your group and go with the majority. Yeah CS are cool - but expecting 7 other people to wait for you is not.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Yeah i did castrum and Prae yesterday, tank from the ls asked if others can wait for me as it was my first runs but others said i can always watch the scenes later
    Thing is i was skipping scenes or trying to, PS3 loads slightly slower
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ianna Yarborough
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 21

Thank you

Today - I finally got my marauder level up and I thought I would do the roulette to help out some new player(s)

I thought I would get into a group with lower level people - like myself who needed the dungeon. This was my second time in the dungeon, first time as a tank (I don't have a L50 character).

I got into a group with all high level people who immediately started telling me what to do and how to do it. I was told not to go to any side rooms and heard "I have a Level 50 X geared warrior, you need to do this"

It was the most stressful thing I have ever done. I had 2 BLM and a SCH who would blast out of the gate so fast that I had no chance of catching up.

The experience has made me wonder if I even want to bother tanking in anything that requires a PUG ever again.

If you are doing a low level roulette, then take some time, please. Not all of us are flush with Level 50's
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Deifact Kinspawn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    I have yet to do those two dungeons to be honest I'm scared to do them through the DF. The last thing I want is people getting angry at me when I just want to get immersed and enjoy the game.

What I don't get is you can only do the roulette once every 24 hours and I bet the people who rush others just do their roulette then stand around in Mor Dhona or their city state doing nothing. If you don't have time to invest then don't participate. I'd rather the players that don't want to wait just leave the dungeon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zsedc Qa
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Right, because it's 'NICE' to make 7 other ppl stare at their screen doing nth just to wait for you to finish your cutscene.
    (2)

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast