Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Maya Neko
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I had already beaten it before. I was running it because of duty roulette. I didn't have a choice. My issue was for the people who did use duty finder to get in. When did it become necessary to use party finder to be able to enjoy the game's story line? Granted there wasn't a part finder option for me then, but I beat it through duty finder.
    (0)
    We refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. So we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

Player

Sadly in DF most of the people who enter are people who already cleared CM & Prae. When I first needed to get into CM I tried creating a party on PF but no one would join, tried the same with Prae, and no one would join. I ended up DFing and had two experiences:
    In CM the party clearly wanted to SR. I didn't want to feel like a burden (especially that I was the only newbie) so without asking if I could watch scenes I opted to skip them. In Prae there were two other new ones, and they watched scenes and it didn't seem to bother any of the vets, although sometimes we didn't notice someone was watching and went ahead of them ><
    It personally didn't bother me much because most of the scenes seemed to be pointless apart from the ones at the end, but obviously this would bother many of the first timers and they should be given the choice of watching or not.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tomba Labomba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    That's sadly one of the negative outcomes of the DF roulette. Well geared and experienced players (ab)use the daily story quest to get their tomes quickly, not to help new players. Most try to rush rush rush but those quests are needed from a lot of people who enter them for the 1st time. They don't learn anything but have to deal with elitists going mad about people doing such fights for the very first time. And nobody rocks through the inner and outer area already at their first time. It's the same as for any other dungeon..if you did not start the quest through Party finder where Speed runs and skipping cutscenes is stated as mandatory for the custom party, you should never expect people to do speed runs or threaten people to skip cutscenes in public games.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Drako Lombardi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I'm fairly certain the bonus for doing the roulette is a reward for helping new people out. I mean that's what roulette was created for, to help people climbing the ladder/get into a dungeon that they need. If people want to rush to their tomes, then just go spam Manor HM using PF, and state in the comments hey skipping CSs/speed run. I'm sure sense this is a constant issue with many many threads created, SE will eventually make it where in DF you are not able to skip CS, and sense people will still hammer the enter key, and ask people to do so, they will eventually make it where the entire party is barred from continuing until all is out of the CS. It wont eliminate the problem, but it will make it much less prevalent. Its unfortunate that people can't really be patient.I mean I've been spamming these raids as long as most of you. So I know you want it to be over with. But allow these new people to enjoy the game as it was meant to be enjoyed. If SE intended you to watch the CS in your inn room, then upon triggering a CS in a dungeon, it would skip it automatically and prompt you, "please visit your inn room to watch the CS".
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Just like pausing the game, the ability to skip cutscenes is something that should be exclusive to single player games (or possibly solo content in MMOs). When you're in a group, skipping them should either be disabled completely, or at at the very least be a group-wide option where they can only be skipped if every member of the group unanimously asks to skip them. SE should never have set up a system that lets some players skip and run ahead, leaving behind any members who are actually doing the content the dungeon exists for.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Tomba Labomba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    ^^ true.dat. I liked the system in White Knight Chronicles a lot. The Game waited till EVERYBODY has ended or skipped the cutscene. Of course there were also impatient players but nobody was able to start a boss fight while others where still watching cutscenes.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Vonelis Heischield
    World
    Tiamat
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    No.

Disabling cutscene skips should automatically grant you golden blings and replace your character's last name with dbag4life, and applies Brink of Death permanently just to be sure.

SE has already implemented something like that, where you can't move out of range until everyone has finished.

The problem is the fact that you can indeed watch the cutscenes at your own pace and leisure at the inn. For. Every. Single. Quest. Ever. You caneven watch them in a loop until the world ends and nobody will care about it (aside from you). But forcing others to wait for you while they could very well be in a rush is extremely rude. Maybe they just want a quick fix before dinner, just want to finish this one last dungeon before going to bed, or whatever. Point is, you are trying to deliberately force people to waste their time so you can enjoy your movies, something you can already do in a place and time that won't bother others
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tomba Labomba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Watching cutscenes in the inn is not providing the same atmosphere as watching them while you are actually doing the quest. Watching cutscenes in the Inn is actually ZERO atmosphere for me. And good Lord, if each player wants to watch the cutscenes ONCE when they make the quest for the 1st time, where is the problem? Did you rush through the story quests like this when you did them for the 1st time? Do you play other Games like this? Proceed and watch the corresponding cutscenes at a later stage totally out of context? The problem is more that Level 50 players want their tomes quickly and give a shit about people who run through the story for their 1st time. People dont register to DF because they like to help people, they want myth tomes in the quickest way and that's abusing the system. So don't play the cutscenes watchers force others card because it is the other way around.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Asteldian Caliskan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    I'm a tank so am a lucky one who gets to avoid drama, things are done how I choose them to be. Not that I am a Dick about it, I ask if people want side rooms done or ignored. If someone is new I assume they wish to view cutscenes so cutscenes they shall watch, without harassment, if anyone has issue they are welcome to be kicked and find another group.

I know people have a mentality of getting things done asap, modern games encourage a rushrushrush attitude, but seriously, chill out, a bit of patience wont kill you. Go pee, or get a drink or something while ya wait
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Liliha Liha
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I agree with everything the OP says. There is only one first time for you to enjoy the story missions. An unrepeatable experience. After that the experience is greatly diluted. If you make it horrid for the newcomers you are going to alienate that part of playerbase who actually enjoys the story.

My Castrum was surprisingly nice with only one monk complaining about me and my friend watching the cutscenes, but Praetorium was a whole different thing. It was bad enough that I haven't logged in ever since. You should really reconsider why your actions if you value a 3% speedier progression to your next piece of tome gear over an unique experience of someone else.
    (6)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast