Player
    Character
    Arcana Morghana
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Controller's Cancel (Circle) vs Keyboard Escape Key

I tried to open a bug report for this, but it is obviously too much of a trivial concept to implement it right to be considered by SE and so it has been closed as not a bug. Yes, sorry, now I am angry.

The point is simple: why the heck the Cancel (Circle) on controller can't function exactly like the keyboard Escape key?! With Escape one can close just any additional open window. No matter if not focused (see the map), no matter if it requires to click a button like in the Recommendation window. With Cancel we simply can't. leaving us, or at least me in a total mess of windows opening instead of closing when I need to act fast, so when I need it the most. This is the brother of the super dumb auto-lock target on thumbstick, I hope I won't have to wait another 4 months to see it fixed!
    (0)
    Last edited by Michelasso; 01-02-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jammer Sidewinder
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I don't really mind the difference, but I see your point.

I want to point out that you can remove the lock-on feature from the left thumbstick. Go into your controller config and choose the left thumbstick. It gives you a dropdown list of what to choose. I chose the one that just sheathes/unsheathes the weapon. No more lock-on issues for me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyaanyaa Mewmew
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    I tried to open a bug report for this, but it is obviously too much of a trivial concept to implement it right to be considered by SE and so it has been closed as not a bug.
    Hello Michelasso,

I understand that you're angry. The way Cancel on your controller works is likely a design choice. Arguably not the best choice, and possibly they will consider changing it if they get enough feedback asking for it (at least give you an option to change it perhaps); however, it is not a bug because it is working as intended.
    (0)