Player
    Character
    Andy Fox
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

One tank Titan Ex (Actually, zero tanks at one point...)

So we were getting a little bored fighting Titan Ex the "normal" way and decided to try it with one tank. I was fully expecting it to be a trainwreck (and as you can see it's a bit sloppy) but I have to admit, I was surprised at the outcome! Total fight time 6:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k2wB3zUKzQ
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    So, does this mean you're going to keep refining it until the tank doesn't die at all?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Andy Fox
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
    So, does this mean you're going to keep refining it until the tank doesn't die at all?
    Yep! This was our first try, and we weren't really expecting it to work out very well. Now that we know it's 100% survivable since the debuff on the tank wears off in time (when he jumps) we're going to work on making this strat faster and cleaner! No second tank means you get to bring an extra DPS. If all 5 of your DPS are on their game, you can cause Titan to change phases so fast that you take a lot of pressure off the tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arcana Holo
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Your tank must be really well geared to survive Mountain Buster with 4 stacks of debuff...I'm not sure if any tank can survive it with 5 stacks (which is what killed your tank). But since that's the last one before that phase finished, looks like quite doable if the tank active Hallowed Ground for that one.

I wander how reliable is it to let the healers pulling the mini titan to the side (is that what your team did?) Which I think is the most difficult part because the tank will get 3rd and 4th Mountain Buster during that time...
    (0)