Player
    Character
    Rylocke Wakebane
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50

Duty Queue Griefing

I have experienced what I can only describe as griefing by certain pivotal roles on lesser-run dungeons. Here's an example:

I had a group of three - a healer and two dps - which queued for The Thousand Maws of TotoRak (level 24). The role we were missing (tank) was the one that was in high demand, which is often the case. Unfortunately, that dungeon is rarely run, so we had what I can only assume was only one tank queuing for the dungeon. This person would let the 'Duty Ready' countdown go all the way to a few seconds and withdraw. That person then queued, waited, and withdrew again, again, and again. After realizing there was no other tank and experiencing this nearly fifty times, we finally withdrew and had to re-queue.

Has anyone else seen/experienced anything similar? Is anyone reading this *doing* what I am describing? If so, why? Could SE implement a queue-per-hour limit of, say, 3-5 times?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Andevom Vonskivaux
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    People withdrawing from duty queues happens a lot. There's no way for you to tell who it is, and given the amount of people using Duty Roulette, I doubt it's the same player doing it over and over.

I've had this happen to me before I even have the option to "Commence" or "Withdraw," which comes off as the Duty Finder itself being a bit buggy when it comes to forming random parties at times. I've also noticed that when I *do* see the duty status screen and someone withdraws, the roles of players who haven't confirmed aren't the same each time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alileus Harbius
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Hahaha! you discovered my master plan! j/k

Someone was doing the same last night in the PVP queue. i think it is a new way to troll... sick bastards!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mero Mero
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobozz View Post
    Has anyone else seen/experienced anything similar? Is anyone reading this *doing* what I am describing? If so, why? Could SE implement a queue-per-hour limit of, say, 3-5 times?
    Yes, and it's very often. Some people are just being dicks. I hope SE will do something about this ASAP.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nurse Joy
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Most likely it's people trying to get into the same duty as their friends. I doubt they do it to purposely troll.

Duty roulette & PvP are incentives to take advantage of the matchmaking system in this way.

In PvP they probably had a group of 3 friends that would let them know when they successfully matched together, so they could have a fully pre-made team without facing another fully pre-made team.

In Duty Roulette it's just faster to play through the content with friends rather than strangers.

It could also be that the tank was looking for an in-progress run that was near the end, for some reason.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rylocke Wakebane
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I just realized that the 'Duty Ready' screen shows the level of the dungeon, which can be used to identify which dungeon is being run, even in a random roulette. Let's get this removed, so people can't tell until they get in there. That's the point of random, isn't it? Also, let's remove any way to determine if you're joining an in-progress group or a fresh group.

If you want a random queue, it should be just that, and you should be rewarded accordingly. If you want to choose specifically what you are running, that is already an option in game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ginga Kun
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    I waited for almost 3 hours on duty finder....its impossible to play this game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Qui'qui Snafkin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    These "tanks trolling DF" threads come up every few days. It's not that I think people are trolling, its something more random. For example, wben. You queue an 8 man and its full, minus tank. It pops, but looks like the tank drops queue, then you either immediately get a new window pop, or.....and this is where it doesn't make sense...you see tank drop then it requeue's the whole thing with only you left in queue. No way 7 people all dropped queue at the same time.

I get that a lot and don't know why. I think the queue has a chance to disconnect all members periodically when someone drops out, or times out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    What I believe people are doing are queing "In Progress" and leaving and rejoining till they find one that is on the last boss.
    Personally I think if joins an "In Progress" run they should just be brought in regardless of where the run is at.
    (1)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    Mero Mero
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    It's no trolling but it's not by random either. ppl definitely were trying to queue "In Progress" DF but kept getting a fresh new one that's why they withdraw and queue again endlessly until they find one that's in progress. but, by doing so (since there's no penalty - not even a second or two delay before they can re-queue) they just simply abuse the use of it.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast