Player
    Character
    Miunih Evans
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90

Housing Ideas and Feature Requests

As we're really proud to manage to get a Mansion and starting to furniture and design our little place we call home, we've come onto quite a few issues and wanting to get some features added and maybe even removed from the entire housing system.
    Even though Square Enix did a blood well job on the entirety of the Housing, there's still major room for improvements and finetuning!

I hope SE will read this and take these ideas and requests into consideration
    (36)

Player
    Character
    Miunih Evans
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    A few Major requests I've heard in my free company:
    • Please increase the item limit from 200 to something more realistic, the house is very empty because we can't place more items. Same counts for the outside part (40)
    • Please allow us to change stuff like the look of the stairs (inside and outside)
    • Please allow us to dye more stuff, it's rather limited.
    • Please allow us to hang stuff like paintings and other wall-hanging stuff on partitions.
    • Please increase the limit on limited items, like the Odin statue, the Blazing Garuda Couch, etc..
    • Please allow us to access the balcony!
    • Please allow us to change the jobs without a GCD reset in our house.
    • Please implement doors that we can place inside the house.
    • Please allow us to put furniture on top of eachother. And things (like tabletops) on top of other furniture as well (bookcases, etc).
    (164)
    Last edited by Miunih; 12-30-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    - Add a second floor to Small.
    (94)

Player
    Character
    Kestiel Rholmar
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

Here's some additions

• Allow sorting of items already on the lot. This can get confusing & annoying when looking for particular items in the list.
    • Allow us to right click an object to paint it instead of going through the horrendously cumbersome inventory management for items placed in the house. This is only going to be worse when the cap is raised (which it desperately needs to be).
    • When Previews are available for gear please include for Furniture. The small icons are incredibly misleading and often look completely different than the final in-game model and often wastes a lot of time in finding the right item.
    • Adding onto the above, please allow us to preview dyes as well for furniture so we don't have to repeatedly dye / paint objects again and again just to see if the color is remotely similar to what the swatch or description suggest (which are rarely the same final result color).
    (45)
    It's time to mow the threads. While the posts may be greener in another thread please, and I can't believe I'm saying this, please keep all posts of Final Fantasy XIV's grass to the original thread. Thank you.

~GM Baudle

Player
    Character
    Kurique Delasainya
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    More Ideas:

- Could we have the ability to mirror objects please?
    - I think being able to resize objects would improve a lot of things.
    - Can the house have a storage system built in, only for furnishings? The company chest is about to burst.
    - Is there any possibility of floor tiles? That way we could make unique patterns out of them.
    - Being able to change the lighting already present would be nice. I mean being able to say remove the chandelier, or move it around.
    (35)

Player
    Character
    Dark Saviour
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    I believe it's already been said that having interior doors is too complicated, so I wouldn't count on that.
    And more storage seems unlikely as that's something pretty much all MMO developers tiptoe around since it suddenly amplifies the amount of data they have to handle.

I do support the idea of floor tiles though. If I get stuck with a small house, I'd really like to recreate:
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Cyphor Kor
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    My suggestions are:
    • FC House Craft-able Market Board
    • FC House Summoning bell (Craft-able or given).
    • FC House Retainers that is link to Market Board and FC Chest Gil
    • Dye-able Chimneys, Fences, Floor, and Interior Walls
    • Some kind of buff bonus for have an FC house. i.e. FC members have their inventory space increased, and/or their retainer spaces and/or market board spaces increased.

Our FC just bought a small house. We decided that Large House is not needed, since the FC house doesn't do anything beneficial for the FC, except having a small bragging rights.
    (20)
    Last edited by CyphorKor; 12-29-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Emily Rosewood
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I would also suggest that athercrystals be able to teleport you back to the nearest city. I found it odd that it only goes one way.
    (43)

Player
    Character
    Danorille Pandemonium
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 61
    1.) allow us to set our homepoints to the house
    2.) add mender NPCs
    3.) more textures for walls and floors
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Ryusuke Minami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    After messing around with the housing system for a few days I could suggest the following.
    • Allow us to add doors and items to wall partitions
    • Allow us to add multiple primal items, such as Garuda couch, and Titan lamp. Because we can only add one, you're unable to match them as a pair.
    • The ability to add individual chandeliers, not only the same type of chandelier by floor.
    • Give us access to the balcony as well as the ability to place items.
    • Allow us to stack items.
    • Add a craftable furniture that allows us to repair gear
    • Add a craftable furniture that allows us to access the market wards
    • Fix the cost of teleports inside the home. The prices are super expensive.
    • Add practice dummies as furniture.
    (22)

Page 1 of 328 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast