Page 218 of 328 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3278
    Player
    Character
    Rena Steelbleu
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70

Making a wallpaper selector and have it under the color selector too

Make a new dialouge box like the dye dialouge box and have it in the color furniture section to get rid of the intreactive portion of the blank partitions.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Haven't seen them but let me know if these are already in the game:

Deluxe walls and ceilings that have elements of animation or clever 3d.

For example:

Ceiling that appears to be the sky outside, like you see in Harry Potter. (Walls able to do this too). If having it change to the time of day is too much, they can be permantly one time of day (or have a pre-set animation cycle).

Waterfall walls or at least features that can socket into one wall (not needed to replace all walls lol).

Space, such that a room appears to be vast. (Outerspace)

Windows that open up to vistas, like the one that is seen in Merlwyb's room (which of course isn't a fully rendered vista just clever image placement)

Also other items like:

Special effects, perhaps from powerful crystals. For example a water crystal that makes the FC floor appear to be covered in water (stairs have water coming down them). Weaker water cystal could do just the bottom floor, while the stronger one affects all floors. Another could be flowers/grass on the ground, and fireflies in the air.

This flower patch:
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ermitanyong Lagalag
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80

Unique house exterior wall size/dimension adjustment to plot where it is setup

From my other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ERMITANYO View Post
    If possible, a fix be applied so that the size/dimensions of unique house exterior walls adjust to the dimension of the plot and its sorroundings to perfectly fit and not seem forced when set up, thanks.

(0)

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    I wonder how doable it would be to have a "Save Layout" option for Housing... So say you've decorated your room, but want to try something new out? Save the layout, change things up, but can reload the old layout if you change your mind...

Would be an amazing feature to have with server transfers in mind, given the NA/EU split is likely to force a few people to do that... Very much doubt it's possible from a technical standpoint with XIV though...
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalien View Post
    I wonder how doable it would be to have a "Save Layout" option for Housing... So say you've decorated your room, but want to try something new out? Save the layout, change things up, but can reload the old layout if you change your mind...

Would be an amazing feature to have with server transfers in mind, given the NA/EU split is likely to force a few people to do that... Very much doubt it's possible from a technical standpoint with XIV though...
    I imagine what they could do fairly inexpensively is allow players to save the layout local, even be able to share said layout (simple text document that holds all the position and item type info). That way there isn't really a limit to how many layouts you may save and they don't need to store an entire house worth of content multiple times lol (not saying they can't).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I'd like to see split landscape paintings where you'd buy multiple paintings to put in multiple frames and all come together for one large picture when viewed together. On it's own it's fun to do with art and with some furniture combining it gives off the illusion of a window overlooking an area. I would also like to see a variety of new frames added: A plain dyable thing poster frame, an edgeless canvas frame and various artsy split frames (think the first idea in the post, but one object and available in multiple layouts) for more modern designs.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Arctura Fengari
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I would like to see glamour dressers for housing. :3
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    I imagine what they could do fairly inexpensively is allow players to save the layout local, even be able to share said layout (simple text document that holds all the position and item type info). That way there isn't really a limit to how many layouts you may save and they don't need to store an entire house worth of content multiple times lol (not saying they can't).
    The thing is we'd need a system that places items automatically based off that data, and I don't think XIV is built for that. Plus there's the matter of where the furniture placed comes from? I imagine it would take from storage/player inventory, but you've still got issues if pieces are missing... Does it cancel placing everything? Place what it can? What if a table top item is there, but the table it should be on isn't? How would glitches work with such a system? It shouldn't technically be able to place things there...

Definitely something I'd like to hear the devs opinion on though, it would be a great feature I think, and now that you mention it... Local text documents would be great, could have some interesting utility for sharing builds... Still, we've yet to get the door and balcony of mansions opened up, so I wont be holding my breath on something that seems far more complex...
    (1)
    Last edited by Nalien; 12-22-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalien View Post
    The thing is we'd need a system that places items automatically based off that data, and I don't think XIV is built for that. Plus there's the matter of where the furniture placed comes from? I imagine it would take from storage/player inventory, but you've still got issues if pieces are missing... Does it cancel placing everything? Place what it can? What if a table top item is there, but the table it should be on isn't? How would glitches work with such a system? It shouldn't technically be able to place things there...

Definitely something I'd like to hear the devs opinion on though, it would be a great feature I think, and now that you mention it... Local text documents would be great, could have some interesting utility for sharing builds... Still, we've yet to get the door and balcony of mansions opened up, so I wont be holding my breath on something that seems far more complex...
    Oh yeah, sorry I wasn't trying to detail the whole system I was just mewling over and thinking "I bet we'd get it easier for the devs, and have some value ourselves if it was local...".

Imo what we could see out of this system is also a blueprint. Such that you don't have to layout the entire room but rather select a set of objects and save it as a blueprint that could be shared and reused.

As for what happens if you don't have an item, I'd say that a ghost of said item is left there and if any item that relies on it exists that item is painted red. There should also be an undo button lol, if the layout goes south.

When you leave all ghosts are removed, and all red painted items as well. So you'd drop a layout and then check the FC stash / your inventory to fix all items. Also would be helpful for it to produce a list of missing items that you could right click search for, when you have the item in your inventory you click the item in the list and it places it where it needs to be for you (with a place all button optionally as well).
    (1)
    Last edited by Shougun; 12-23-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rymmrael Bhaldraelwyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    So with the teased Isgard housing maybe coming in 5.0, you think we stand a chance to get some more "winter-y" options for our yard? I'd love to get pine trees (without decorations,) leafless trees, plants covered in ice or snow, or even (I know it's unlikely but please, please, please) a "blanket" option for the yard that lets you swap between the default grass texture or a plain white, snowy one.
    (6)
    Last edited by Rymm; 12-24-2018 at 06:42 AM.

~ My FF14 IG account ~
    https://www.instagram.com/rymmrael/
    ~ Interesting FF14 fan creations to check out ~
    https://aetherflowmedia.com
    http://www.eorzeasntm.org/

Page 218 of 328 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 318 ... LastLast