Player
    Character
    Ulric Delkin
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 81

Idea(s) for treasure hunt

Greetings. Why not to make rare maps with really good loot? It will be impossible to locate the treasure location using only 1 piece of such map because the location will not be written on this peace of map and piece itself will be very little. So, to find the treasure players will need to find some pieces of such map (the pieces will add to each other automatically) and, by looking on this map, to find out in what location treasure is. Also, the point of digging may not be located on the map- only red round of possible location of the treasure. Also, the location for such treasure can be any dungeon or guildheast

Anyone has other ideas? Thank you
    (12)

Greetings,

Thanks for the ideas!

The treasure hunt content is by no means finished, and we'll continue to update it moving forward. As an example, we'll be adding new items to treasure chests as well as new methods of obtaining maps that are higher-tier than peisteskin.
    (56)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Yes i agree to add some difficult to find treasures.
    Maybe with some tips and riddles in them (example written on the map: 'it lies where 2 horns surface the ocean' maybe referring to 2 rocks in front of the sea shore).

And add some tough bosses/NMs to defeat, like dragons. With rare/value drops.

Also maybe a chain of treasures that brings you to a big one, in a particolar/new place (accesible only following the chain) where lies a special creature and treasure.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Morton Taru
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Great ideas, but I think something that would greatly benefit treasure hunting would be both riddles and maps that lead to more maps.

Riddles would add some depth and allow for some lore building.

Maps that lead to more maps and eventually an ultimate battle/prize would feel more rewarding, especially if riddles were wound in. Make treasure hunting more about the HUNT.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tridy Ais
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I would like to have a special loot or reward as the owner of the map, something that is not lootable so I don't have to worry if I gather with strangers for an 8 ppl party. Also more difficult enemies, you only need four people to defeat the eight peisteskin's maps. We need something that make us feel afraid of getting beaten but with greater rewards.
    (4)
    "Every men die, but not every men really live"

Player
    Character
    Astralos Bladesong
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Dava View Post
    I would like to have a special loot or reward as the owner of the map, something that is not lootable so I don't have to worry if I gather with strangers for an 8 ppl party. Also more difficult enemies, you only need four people to defeat the eight peisteskin's maps. We need something that make us feel afraid of getting beaten but with greater rewards.
    Yeah, the ones with the multiple enemies are a bit too easy for the rewards. The Alpha Chimera one takes noticeably more effort, and is at/around the difficulty level I would like to see for other Lv50 8-person maps.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nalia Danger
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Dava View Post
    I agree, generally, unless you get an enemy you're not prepared for. The one time my FC got a Morbol, we were overwhelmed with Bad Breath and we lost quickly, even though there were 7 or 8 of us in the fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cinicus Tron
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Yes great ideas but we do FC THs and with 8 people all doing a map back to back it would eat up to much time if I had to solve a riddle find a location jus to get a new map etc etc. I enjoy it as is but yes harder NMs with better drops sounds good. I could see if your map clue was like upside down or something would be fun.
    (1)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I would like to see loot from the hunts spread out evenly between party members. I had a 3 man party once and one person literally scored every piece of loot from the chest >.>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MortonTaru View Post
    Great ideas, but I think something that would greatly benefit treasure hunting would be both riddles and maps that lead to more maps.

Riddles would add some depth and allow for some lore building.

Maps that lead to more maps and eventually an ultimate battle/prize would feel more rewarding, especially if riddles were wound in. Make treasure hunting more about the HUNT.
    Maps designed towards DOL and DOH would be fun. For DoL could have the riddle like mentality where it leads you to a special node to obtain new rare materials only gained through said gathering node.

For DoH a riddle or hint to unlock the use of new schematics.
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast