Character
    Serenity Grace
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

We understand that it’s often difficult to complete daily quests that involve FATEs when solo, and as such, in patch 2.2 we will be making adjustments to these FATEs. Depending on the number of participants in prior occurrence of a FATE, the consequent FATE’s difficulty will be reduced. (Even if the number of participants was high, the difficulty will not increase beyond the current difficulty.)
    No, FATE dailies difficulty is easy enough to solo, its more like button spamming when i summoned chocobo companion. I don't know how far SE going to nerf content that's easy since the first time. Just fix the time respawn.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Greetings,

We understand that it’s often difficult to complete daily quests that involve FATEs when solo, and as such, in patch 2.2 we will be making adjustments to these FATEs. Depending on the number of participants in prior occurrence of a FATE, the consequent FATE’s difficulty will be reduced. (Even if the number of participants was high, the difficulty will not increase beyond the current difficulty.)
    Don't make them easier. Make them not dependent on FATE.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Nyvina Virian
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Greetings,

This, or add npc's to help heal/fight for beastman dailies, like say how they did for campaign in ffxi.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tenji Satsuma
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPhantomhive View Post
    This, or add npc's to help heal/fight for beastman dailies, like say how they did for campaign in ffxi.
    You can solo the FATE with your companion if he's atleast at rank 4, but it takes alot of time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skeksis Poloma
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Greetings,

The bigger issue for me is having to wait for a FATE to spawn rather than the difficulty of the FATE. Dailies are tedious enough already, being forced to wait for one to spawn just makes me ignore FATE quests for dailies. Is that what was intended?
    (2)

Player

Depending on the number of participants in prior occurrence of a FATE
    Hang on, where's the logic here?

What relevance has the participation in the PREVIOUS FATE got to do with THIS one? Those players have gone, what does it matter how many of them did it last time? If, say, 10 did it then and only ME needs it now 'mine' will scale to 10?

Your explanation is as clear as mud to be honest, but scaling 'future' events based on 'past' participation seems devoid of logic to me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pacifyer Grey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Depending on the number of participants in prior occurrence of a FATE
    That is absolutely wrong. This FATEs are one-time for any player so when it is complete people will not do it again so every time there are new people with irrelevant number of them.
    If your idea is to give a player second chance in the case of failed FATE then it is a bad one cause it is already a pain to wait for a single FATE spawn.
    And in this case if a single player comes to a FATE which was previously completed by a large group of players then he fails and is forced to wait for next FATE respawn.

You should make FATE difficulty dynamic depending on number of players currently participating in it. You can make adds spawn more often if number is high or spawn friendly NPCs if the number is low. Friendlies may leave battle (or die somehow) if the number of participants increases.

For boss FATEs here is an idea - the boss makes very wide AOE (mostly unavoidable and fast) and gets a buff decreasing incoming damage depending on a number of players hit. Or any other debuff. The buff may be say 20 seconds long to update the boss difficulty if the number of participants changes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seif Dincht
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Greetings,

This sounds pretty cool.

I agree that the most difficult part of them is the actual spawn rate but I hope they expand this dynamic difficulty to other fats as well.
    There are so many cool fates I'd like to fight but there's no-one around.

For example in Oakwood the fate is almost never an active fight because it does require a party that in most cases just isn't there. (the monster looks really cool though!)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lord Rulkar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I vote with the other guy in this thread to remove fate grinding for dailies. They are stupid and boring and enough ppl complain about them already. I don't do them myself personally cause like many others have said it requires either a tank or rank 4 bird to solo and the one Magiktek Menace or however it's spelled is horrible with the bugs in resetting position and all the adds that keep coming. With PS4 new players will be coming out so I see a reason for them to be nerfed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alex Kidd
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Waiting for Fates should be abolished, as soon as a Fate ends an NPC should pop immediately which you can talk to that will start a new Fate. Also NPC's should be added to the Fates to help like in FFXI Campaign depending on the number or participants.
    (2)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast