Player
    Character
    Alan Turing
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

What is your successful Turn 5 strategy?

Finally killed Twintania today. What is your group setup and strategy for each phase?

Ours as follows:

PLD, WHM, SCH, DRG, MNK (BRD if MNK has no time), BRD, SMN, BLM

Phase 1: Tank and spank. Timing Death Sentence for phase transition

Phase 2: 2 Pets together, whoever is fireballed 3stacks with pets or goes into conflag. Tank always goes into conflag. We all have 4,4k+ HP, so with Stoneskin up, 3stacking is no problem. Usually we have 3 conflags in this phase.

Phase 3: Dives are avoided in the pit. First snakes we push full single target dmg on Ascepius except the SMN who distributes his dots. At second divebombs, Tank kites the snakes and pops HG when second snakes come. All go full aoe dmg and SMN pops LB2, till the 4 hygieas are dead, then burn ascepius.

Phase 4: Twin is tanked near the center where Dread spawns, thus MT can stun the Dread. PPL are spread out and dodge twister of course.

Phase 5: DRG soaks the eggs (switches with MNK if he gets fireballed). Burning Twin.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aiushtha Kyis
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    We do the same as you, except on phase 2 we always take 4stacks. We have enough DPS, so yeah. Also, we sometimes take the occasional extra conflag in phase 2 to get the LB bar up.
    (1)
    Aiushtha Kyis

Player
    Character
    Yenn Sylph
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    We use four DPS and four stack fireballs, because everyone in our group actually knows how to play their job.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kimura Blaze
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Why is your WAR not soaking the hatches? Just curious.

We use a rather interesting party makeup of a PLD, Marauder, SMN, BLM, SCH, WHM, BARD, DRG.

I solo tank everything in first phase

Second phase we time so that I can run in conflag to dodge DS. 4 stack members for fireballs.

Third phase, I tank 2 hygeias while marauder tanks asclepius (so that I can slack on my CDs to pop a lot for all 5 snakes later.) We dps hygeias to 10% or so, and ascelpius to whatever we can, usually 80%. We dodge divebombs in the pit. When I have to go get the new snakes across the map, I provoke ascelpius and pick up the new ones, tanking all 5 at that point. I just pop rampart, conva, and sentinel, and the healers have no probs. BLM flares and SMN Lbs and then we finish big snake in the middle and get ready for Twin.

Fourth phase I do the same as you. I stun dread. MRD stuns after me, then drg stuns.

Fifth phase MRD sits in nuerolink to soak the hatches.

I wouldnt want to screw up your progress, but you should consider trying a few times of not using hallowed ground on the snakes. Rampart is 20%, with sentinel is another 40%, plus a healing buff like convalescence, your healers have no excuse to let you die. This way you can have HG if something bad happens. Hatch phase a healer could get targeted by liquid hell, or even die, and youd need to pop HG to give the other healer a second to rez him. Its nice to have too if you get targeted by LH, that way you can pop HG, let the 5 LHs stack on you, then move a step out of the stack and that way you keep the hatch phase smooth instead of running all over the place trying to dodge. But, whatever works right!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yvaine Isaulde
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Probably because they're using a single tank strategy, and there's no WAR around? :P
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kimura Blaze
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Ohhhhhhhh I get it

lol misread where it said whm i thought it said war and thats where i stopped reading haha. it was late when i was reading this post
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yvaine Isaulde
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    We did this with one tank as well. I as a Dragoon was the one eating the hatches. When we reached the final phase, it's as good as cleared already. As the final phase is very easy.
    (0)