Player
    Character
    Suzushiiro Aoi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90

[Suggestion] Dungeons and Cutscenes

So I just did Praetorium for the first time, and it was a pretty terrible experience because I wanted to view the cutscenes (since it was my first time) but since everyone else had already done it, they just kept pulling, which meant that I was constantly left behind and frequently locked out of boss fights, even if I exited the cutscene I was viewing and made a dash for the boss.

Suggestions for how to make this less terrible:

A)Don't let people pull a boss if someone's in a cutscene. Obviously the worst solution because someone can grief by staying in a cutscene forever, but I figured I'd list it for completeness' sake.
    B)Don't seal boss rooms, or make the seal one-way so you can enter but not leave, in cutscene-heavy instances such as Praetorium.
    C)Have pre-boss cutscenes teleport you into the boss' room upon completion. You already do this with some bosses in there, you just have to do it with the rest of them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Omnium Timorum
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    The problem with these dungeons is that people want their 200 philo tomes through duty roulette as quickly as possible. Your suggestions aren't bad, but with the attitude of a lot of gamers here, I don't see any of them working. If people can't pull a boss until everyone exits the cutscenes, they could just vote kick the person watching them. Not sealing the boss room could work, but some of the cutscenes are fairly lengthy and you could still miss out on experiencing the majority of the battle. The last one could end up getting your character killed depending on how the battle is going and where you get teleported into the room. Myself and a couple others tried desperately in one run to allow someone to watch the scenes to no avail. Best thing you can do at this point is set up a group from your free company if you have one or form one in party finder specifying that all cutscenes will be watched.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shinhye Heartstrings
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Party Finder is your friend.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    African King
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    A better solution is to reduce the number of cutscenes in large group content till the end of the dungeon, especially in repeatable content.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyaanyaa Mewmew
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by tOnni3 View Post
    Party Finder is your friend.
    This isn't an issue until the Praetorium (and in part Castrum Meridianum), so there's no reason for new players to expect that many cutscenes and that kind of behavior from other players.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Essie L'caelum
    World
    Unicorn
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    cuz this cutscene is quite long, I skipped it at my first time too to let others wait less long time >.< it would be really nice if we could experience the full story with fight and cutscene, but not a good idea to force everyone watch the cutscene (and maybe again and again). New players who are interested in the stories better to do it with friends or use party finder.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Itseotle Irracido
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzushiiro View Post
    Suggestions for how to make this less terrible:

A)Don't let people pull a boss if someone's in a cutscene. Obviously the worst solution because someone can grief by staying in a cutscene forever, but I figured I'd list it for completeness' sake.
    B)Don't seal boss rooms, or make the seal one-way so you can enter but not leave, in cutscene-heavy instances such as Praetorium.
    C)Have pre-boss cutscenes teleport you into the boss' room upon completion. You already do this with some bosses in there, you just have to do it with the rest of them.

I love both B and C, but C would probably be the better solution as I would imagine someone would find a way to exploit B
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyaanyaa Mewmew
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by YuiKitahara View Post
    New players who are interested in the stories better to do it with friends or use party finder.
    Yet by the time new players find out this is an issue and that cutscenes are that long in the Praetorium it is already too late because odds are they are already in the dungeon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arasii Siiralia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Also the problem with using party finder is there are very few people willing to join those parties. It also doesn't help that party finder only works on your own server so you are left with even less people that would be interested in helping you out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    It is just the reality of this game. Myself on my first run i wanted to view the scenes but others just ran off ahead, even after our FC leader asked the df players if they can wait. I just ended up skipping the scenes. Only solution at this point is go in with your FC or post up on Party finder in the comments to must be willing to watch players view cutscenes.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast