Player
    Character
    Secsy Mancat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

The problem with allowing Turn 2 Rage strat

SE I sincerely request you adjust Turn 2 to force players to actually work through the mechanics of this fight. I don't know if during development this strategy was ever used, devised or tested. I also don't care that this strategy is in no way an exploit, just an alternate way of doing this fight. The strategy of pushing ADS into his enrage to "easily" kill him while ignoring all of his major mechanics is a bad thing for the community. Here are several reasons why:
    -removes the opportunity for groups to learn and progress through this particular fight
    -for those not yet geared enough to complete turn 1, many are clearing this once a week for easy loot.
    -by not adjusting this dungeon it sends a message to the community that it's ok to use whatever means necessary to gather loot, the fight isn't what's important.
    -perhaps the larges blow against the community is that this fight uses a modified group composition of either 2 heals 5dps 1 tank or 3 healers 4dps 1 tanks. For every 7 people that clear this fight that's only 1 tank. Many static or free company groups will have the resources to do this with the same 8 people however for pick up groups this is not the case. It becomes an issue when those looking to complete Turn 4 are met with a shortage of tank, and an abundance of healers. It's not uncommon to see 2-4 groups shouting for 1-2 tanks to start a turn 4.
    The current setup for T2 is hurting the community and creating a job imbalance, for this reason I sincerely hope the developers will look into adjusting the enrage mechanic of this fight.
    (40)

Player
    Character
    Mijin Gakure
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Whine thread
    (44)

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by SecsyMancat View Post
    -perhaps the larges blow against the community is that this fight uses a modified group composition of either 2 heals 5dps 1 tank or 3 healers 4dps 1 tanks. For every 7 people that clear this fight that's only 1 tank. Many static or free company groups will have the resources to do this with the same 8 people however for pick up groups this is not the case. It becomes an issue when those looking to complete Turn 4 are met with a shortage of tank, and an abundance of healers. It's not uncommon to see 2-4 groups shouting for 1-2 tanks to start a turn 4.
    The current setup for T2 is hurting the community and creating a job imbalance, for this reason I sincerely hope the developers will look into adjusting the enrage mechanic of this fight.
    You might as well say the same thing about Titan Hard. When's the last time you saw a preformed party going in with 2/2/4?
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Ashira Lockhart
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    They might have what it takes to beat Turn 2 using this cheap method, but Turn 3 will certainly stop them in their tracks..
    (33)

Player
    Character
    Secsy Mancat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    @ Viridiana Titan Hard can be done more than once a week and therefore does not lock people from doing it multiple times. I do have a static group I run coil with and we have cleared it long before rage strat. During the holidays they can't all make it and we find ourselves puging tanks for T4. I also know many other players that pug because they do shift work. The shortage of tanks for T4 has become much more noticeable since rage strat became a thing.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sylve Lowen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Honestly, I don't understand how people think it's okay to do this. Nor do I see the point, because ADS is abysmally easy to do the normal way.

Bottom line, you are literally taking the mechanics of a boss fight and throwing them away entirely. The fight was designed with mechanics for a reason. You are supposed to follow them. This strategy is literally an exploit. It's abusing in-game mechanics to accomplish something outside of what is intended. It's in the same boat as when people used to shut off all of Twintania's abilities.

Regardless of the fact that SE hasn't said or done anything yet, I guarantee they will.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Sir Gazuntai
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I honestly don't see the point in this "glitch"/"exploit"/whatever anyone wants to call it. This boss is extremely easy. As long as people know how to deal with Rot you pretty much shouldn't have any problems.

I watched a video of someone doing this run. They managed to get the boss to 1 charge left at around 77:30 left on the clock. They finished the fight around 74:30. That means it took them over 15 minutes to finish this fight... They appeared to have sat at the beginning for about a minute and a half, so let's say they took 13.5 minutes to complete this.

They ended up waiting outside ADS for about 2-3 minutes until the "Charge complete in... 1 click" message popped up.

The groups I've ran this with usually reach him at about 6-7 clicks and I've never encountered the rage mode... We barely even had any ilvl90 except weapons. The only reason this thing would be useful is if you were undergeared but if you managed to beat T1 you were obviously geared enough to take on T2 as it's so much easier than T1.

I honestly wouldn't blink an eye if they changed this, or if they didn't change it. However, when I heard about the Enrage timer I assumed it was a guaranteed wipe, which makes so much more sense. It's timed for a reason, why give people a chance to pass it if they didn't finish quick enough?

I'm sure they'll change it, though. I don't think they want their end-game content (which I'm assuming they put the most time into since the only fights with interesting mechanics before level 50 are Qarn and Aurum Vale) being trivialized. Then again, they seem to be focusing on PvP right now, so... who really knows. You probably shouldn't think about it, though. The only reason this should bother you is if you can't find a group doing it normally.
    (4)
    Last edited by SirGazuntai; 12-28-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sarah Leonhart
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Please also make it so cannons in Castrum Medium cannot be used on mobs that originate too far away from the cannons! This dungeon is really easy, and I dont know why people need to use this bug/exploit.
    Here are several reasons why:
    -removes the opportunity for groups to learn and progress through this particular fight
    -for those not yet geared enough to complete Castrum Medium, many are clearing this to get into Praetorium and eventually start farming Myth tomes.
    -by not adjusting this dungeon it sends a message to the community that it's ok to use whatever means necessary to gather loot, the fight isn't what's important.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Saxon Fox
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Please do not let anyone play in a way that is different to the way I think that they should play. Please ensure that there is only one way to complete an instance (my way), and make sure there are heavy penalties for anyone that attempts to deviate from my way of thinking. For the love of god and all that is holy, DO NOT let people think outside the box. If this is allowed to continue, then it's not just the future of the game that is in jeopardy, but our children's, and our children's children.
    (55)

Character
    Axle Ten
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sax View Post
    Please do not let anyone play in a way that is different to the way I think that they should play. Please ensure that there is only one way to complete an instance (my way), and make sure there are heavy penalties for anyone that attempts to deviate from my way of thinking. For the love of god and all that is holy, DO NOT let people think outside the box. If this is allowed to continue, then it's not just the future of the game that is in jeopardy, but our children's, and our children's children.
    lol, ikr. Anyone who has ever thought of an easier way to do something should be shot dead where they stand! Harder is always better! harder means only the die-hards will ever win. casual gamers should never get anywhere in any mmo. they are just a leeche on the system! FIGHT THE POWER! -end sarcasm. i lol at this thread. So you are saying that people should not use any other mechanic other than the one that you think is right? get a grip dude.
    (19)

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast