Player
    Character
    Secsy Mancat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

The problem with allowing Turn 2 Rage strat

SE I sincerely request you adjust Turn 2 to force players to actually work through the mechanics of this fight. I don't know if during development this strategy was ever used, devised or tested. I also don't care that this strategy is in no way an exploit, just an alternate way of doing this fight. The strategy of pushing ADS into his enrage to "easily" kill him while ignoring all of his major mechanics is a bad thing for the community. Here are several reasons why:
    -removes the opportunity for groups to learn and progress through this particular fight
    -for those not yet geared enough to complete turn 1, many are clearing this once a week for easy loot.
    -by not adjusting this dungeon it sends a message to the community that it's ok to use whatever means necessary to gather loot, the fight isn't what's important.
    -perhaps the larges blow against the community is that this fight uses a modified group composition of either 2 heals 5dps 1 tank or 3 healers 4dps 1 tanks. For every 7 people that clear this fight that's only 1 tank. Many static or free company groups will have the resources to do this with the same 8 people however for pick up groups this is not the case. It becomes an issue when those looking to complete Turn 4 are met with a shortage of tank, and an abundance of healers. It's not uncommon to see 2-4 groups shouting for 1-2 tanks to start a turn 4.
    The current setup for T2 is hurting the community and creating a job imbalance, for this reason I sincerely hope the developers will look into adjusting the enrage mechanic of this fight.
    (40)

Player
    Character
    Mijin Gakure
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Whine thread
    (44)

Player
    Character
    Blowfin Jr
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SanjuroXI View Post
    Whine thread
    Conjurer is upset he has to lot against 2 other mages, basically.

The funny thing is you can do this quite comfortably with 2 decent healers + bard.

Regardless of the fact that SE hasn't said or done anything yet, I guarantee they will.
    They have, and they said they won't be. It's officially not an exploit.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Shirai N'yankoro
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    They have, and they said they won't be. It's officially not an exploit.
    Do you have a source?
    (0)
    Felis catus

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by SecsyMancat View Post
    -perhaps the larges blow against the community is that this fight uses a modified group composition of either 2 heals 5dps 1 tank or 3 healers 4dps 1 tanks. For every 7 people that clear this fight that's only 1 tank. Many static or free company groups will have the resources to do this with the same 8 people however for pick up groups this is not the case. It becomes an issue when those looking to complete Turn 4 are met with a shortage of tank, and an abundance of healers. It's not uncommon to see 2-4 groups shouting for 1-2 tanks to start a turn 4.
    The current setup for T2 is hurting the community and creating a job imbalance, for this reason I sincerely hope the developers will look into adjusting the enrage mechanic of this fight.
    You might as well say the same thing about Titan Hard. When's the last time you saw a preformed party going in with 2/2/4?
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Blizz Bear
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Viridana, your point is completely for naught: Even with a 1/2/5 or 1/3/4 setup in Titan HM, it does not break the mechanics of the fight, period. Does it make it easier to down Heart Phase or make sure you have enough Heals to survive stomps, sure, but the mechanics are still there.

This "enraged" way of doing ADS completely nullifies all mechanics, including High Voltage, Tank swaps, dodging. Basically a free ride to loot in a fight that before took a good amount of coordination and understanding of watching your Rot debuff and passing it correctly (even in Stack method). This also forced Tanks to learn to swap every 3-4 stacks, 5 if you have good heals. Also hinged on the fact of making you dodge Piercing Lasers, Gravity Wells, Baltast, Fire Streams and Repelling Cannons depending on team composition and which path you took.

It's silly and should be changed. Enraging the boss should make him more difficult, not make him a pushover.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniolaut View Post
    Sure bring three healers eat every bomb like a noob.... or play it the right way.
    I'm talking about with the intended set up. Up until P5, you can stand in one spot perfectly still without eating a bomb. After heart, you might have to move to dodge a few bombs. Outside of that, it's just a matter of mitigating MB, unless enough people in your group die that you have to start dodging weights. You spend most of the fight hitting 1-2-3 on your bar.

Quote Originally Posted by NRhodes View Post
    Viridana, your point is completely for naught: Even with a 1/2/5 or 1/3/4 setup in Titan HM, it does not break the mechanics of the fight, period. Does it make it easier to down Heart Phase or make sure you have enough Heals to survive stomps, sure, but the mechanics are still there.
    Not what I was talking about. I'm talking about the original Titan HM exploit that was hotfixed as soon as SE got wind of it. The one that did result in his standing there like a punching bag.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
    I'm talking about with the intended set up. Up until P5, you can stand in one spot perfectly still without eating a bomb. After heart, you might have to move to dodge a few bombs. Outside of that, it's just a matter of mitigating MB, unless enough people in your group die that you have to start dodging weights. You spend most of the fight hitting 1-2-3 on your bar.
    I dont know what youre trying to argue but clearly there is no middle ground youre willing to even possibly discuss.

I play Paladin and i have every job to 50, and 9/9 relics and I highly enjoy Paladin. Its unfortunate you find PLD boring, to each their own i guess. Not sure what to tell you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniolaut; 01-12-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniolaut View Post
    I play Paladin and i have every job to 50, and 9/9 relics and I highly enjoy Paladin. Its unfortunate you find PLD boring, to each their own i guess. Not sure what to tell you.
    I'm saying tanking Titan Hard is not particularly challenging. This is particularly true for PLD, which has one rotation to spam (not counting oGCDs). You have two abilities to watch for: bombs, and MB. Bombs are all about positioning; each one (that I'm aware of) has a spot you can stand and be safe from all explosions. MB you actually have to pop a CD, but otherwise there's not much to it. You basically wait for landslide, pop a CD, and wait for the next landslide. . .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashira Lockhart
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    They might have what it takes to beat Turn 2 using this cheap method, but Turn 3 will certainly stop them in their tracks..
    (33)

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast