Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Secsy Mancat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I'd like to see a group try to wait for T4 enrage before they kill any of the mobs. It's not likely to work as well as T2 enrage strat.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kyorakun Shunsui
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    People do t2 enrage as they lack communication in their groups. Otherwise, doing it the normal way is far more time efficient. Don't really see this as an exploit. If you are constantly being forced to do it this way, you should consider changing groups or have more class options for turns 4 and 5.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyne Helios
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    So glad i'm in a static and I don't have to argue with bads over T2 enrage strats. Our team gets to ADS at 8clicks and we finish quickly cause ain't nobody got time for that.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lord Saviour
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SecsyMancat View Post
    crying.
    Lol.
    /10char
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aka Kitsune
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 51
    To explain the T4 problem most tanks don't want to lock themselves out of T2...
    Bad logic, you can still 2 tank it. I play as WAR and we do the enrage thing, I just equipped dps gear for turn 2 and let the PLD tank. I put up the same numbers as a DRG without defiance on so nobody loses, and we beat turn 2 doing enrage using 2 tanks. If people wanna solo tank content they can for literally any fight in the game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Secsy Mancat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I love how everyone proposes workarounds for the tank imbalance in T2. That's not the problem, the problem is a large portion of tanks are not using these workarounds. It's simpler for them to grab whatever 2-3 scrub heals they can find and whatever 4-5 scrub dps they can find and run through T2. I know there's other ways to do this, and I know most static groups find other ways by utilizing their alt jobs. But this does not happen in pug groups and cause there to be an ever bigger than normal tank shortage for T4. Every night at prime time on my server you will find 3-6 groups looking for T4 that are 6/8 full and have no tanks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I love how everyone
    Sounds like your OP is about the wrong issue then. You should be sick of people not using workarounds. For the record, having a tank put on DPS stuff isn't a work around, that's common sense.

Take issue with the community, not with T2 itself.

Your use of the word scrub is too vague. 1 scrub tank + 3 scrub healers + 4 scrub dps will die to enrage; that leaves us only to assume that you mean anyone who uses T2 enrage is a scrub, which is just a fallacy as I'm sure several are better than you and I both.

The big take away is, people can run T2 with 2 tanks in several different ways. The fact that they don't isn't the fault of enrage, it's people with blinders on and narrow minds.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    My coil static does not use this strategy because we don't want to get rusty for when I (assume) SE will eventually prevent the enrage kill from being so easily pulled off. I was actually really surprised to find out that this 'enrage' strategy wasn't fixed in 2.1 or in the hotfix soon after. It seems that SE is condoning this way of clearing the boss. Otherwise, they would just increase the damage of AoEs or make the soft enrage turn into a harder enrage after a short period of time. To me, it seems silly that SE would create all of these intricate mechanics (AoEs, silences, rot rotation) if it was just possible to run in and deal with the 'soft enrage' AoE heals and zerging. But... if SE is allowing it... who am I to complain?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Stormrage
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Lol this seems extremly boring.
    But, if you are able to survive the enrage this has nothing to claim it an exploit, it's not like OMG we reach the enrage stop the healing and start all over again... If you are able to survive you are following the mechanics
    (1)

Character
    Kicking Wolf
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon_Stormrage View Post
    Lol this seems extremly boring.
    But, if you are able to survive the enrage this has nothing to claim it an exploit, it's not like OMG we reach the enrage stop the healing and start all over again... If you are able to survive you are following the mechanics
    You do understand that this is basically the first boss fight in MMO history where enraging it on purpose makes it easier right? Did you miss that part?
    (0)

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast