Player
    Character
    Dr Abortion
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolfthegrey View Post
    I miss the days back in ffxi when we used to form 6 man parties and level up by chaining mobs out in the environment. I think that has a lot of advantages:
    Making friends, getting to know how to play ur class properly, also players needed to be well geared and fed to play effectively which will put more emphasis I guess on acquiring the low level cafted gear.
    I haven't come across anyone who had tried that formation here, anyone with any experience on this??
    What does everyone think?
    I hated these days of Everquest TBH. WoW cured this thank God.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Exactly, I found it such a drag in FFXI unless I was in a party that actually worked, more often than not they didn't. Also, ignoring the fact this was a dead thread but, Yoshi specifically designed FFXIV ARR to avoid exp parties - back during the Beta test he stated this specifically, that he wanted to move players from FFXI style exp parties onto what he termed 'content-based EXP' (that is, quests, dungeons and FATEs). It's pretty clear that opinion has not changed (Eureka doesn't count being end-game and all).
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Honestly i’m Enjoying eureka because it brings back a lot of the old FFXI feel- I love needing to rely on others working together in order to survive and succeed, and I feel that the general community inside a eureka instance is much more friendly and helpful than in dungeon or primal instances, but most people (myself included) do tend to choose fate trains over mob chain parties. That was one of the things in xi that people did because there were no other options.
    (0)

___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    because diamonds are forever, as is dust.
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~

Player
    Character
    Leo Lupinos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I loved Eureka, but it's sad that when I rarely make a friend there he is from another server, and we lose contact when the instance end, because we are not in the same server, so , why bother investing in that friend? That's a turn down to even try to enjoy the conversation moment...
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3