Player
    Character
    Sad Panda
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by IONIC View Post
    I know what you mean white having leveling parties, I also find myself seeking the nostalgia factor of FFXI.

I get my fix from FATE parties. To me each FATE seems like 1 or 2 mobs in FFXI.
    This is the reason I cannot bring myself to do Fate parties. The mobs are so easy that you struggle to get a single hit on any of the mobs because they die soooooo fast. If they could simply multiply their HP pools by 4 so that you could possibly need a tank and 30 seconds of the party working together instead of the current 3 second aoe bombing. Fate is a great idea but it feels like you are fighting lvl 1 mobs no matter what zone your doing them in.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    N'hara Tia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by IONIC View Post
    Unfortunately, nostalgia isn't the best thing to drive development decisions. =(

I can totally understand and appreciate that FATE grinding shouldn't have been the way that most people found easiest to level up, because you do indeed find people who only leveled through them, and thus have no real knowledge of how their class works in a true, coordinated group setting. However, standing around and killing the same mobs over and over again like we did in XI wasn't very fun, engaging, or rewarding, and it was time-consuming. SE took a step in a good direction by significantly boosting the EXP given by dungeon runs, which is a perfect environment for teaching players how to play their jobs, on top of rewarding time spent with gil, creature drops, and a consistent pool of gear rewards. Still need a good way to help people socialize more with others on their server, though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tarutaru Taru
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I think exp parties in the open world are a great idea. It adds dynamic and a chance to enjoy the open world. In my opinion it would feel more like an mmo if we could interact more with the people on our servers. It would be a great way to meet friends. Just having the option to do so would mix it up a bit from the usual dungeon. Dungeons seem kind of straight forward. No time to get lost and explore. Everyone has been here before let's just zip through this and make it easy. Where is the sense of adventure! Let's get some party skill chains going that fuel interaction between you and your party members. Why is all the focus on endgame and dungeons. The open world at hand is what the community thrives in. Leveling up should be part of the fun, not some button mashing grind. I'm looking for something to mix up gameplay, not the same thing with people I don't know.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Robert Black
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I agree with you bit at this point, it's a little too late. Most people are level 50 by now and fates have pretty much destroyed any chance of FFXI leveling style.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Moonwolf Grey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I guess the thing I miss most is the sense of adventure, trying to get to your party in the dunes while dodging mobs or casting invisible, running through that area outside jueno trying not to aggro the bats to get to ur group. Exploring and finding a nice new spot in the jungle to set camp and start pulling.
    Or using an aoe stone as noob red Mage and aggroing the lizards all around us, resulting in a wipe lol, having then to run a long dangerous path back to camp,
    It's tedious at times but I personally find myself missing the atmosphere
    I feel this game is a bit too easy
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calyanare Vendaurel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolfthegrey View Post
    I guess the thing I miss most is the sense of adventure, trying to get to your party in the dunes
    Standing around in town shouting for 4 hours before you finally get a party, then actually grinding for about 30 mins before the healer has to leave and the group disbands...
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Simaril Ratbane
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    IMO DF = leveling party
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cidriel Tausendklingen
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Calyanare View Post
    Standing around in town shouting for 4 hours before you finally get a party, then actually grinding for about 30 mins before the healer has to leave and the group disbands...
    Yeah, these days can stay gone, IMO.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kikyo Cledwin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 62
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolfthegrey View Post
    I miss the days back in ffxi when we used to form 6 man parties and level up by chaining mobs out in the environment.
    You mean you actually miss those horrible Valkurm Dunes parties that you had to spend 4 or 5 hours in just to level up 2 levels? Yeah no thanks. Especially not if they brought back the Goblins at the Gates factor of the Dunes parties.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Z'arese Tjinou
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I was looking for a post like this, because since fighting mobs in party to chain exp in Eureka has now teased me to want do more.

Quote Originally Posted by TarutaruAddict View Post
    I think exp parties in the open world are a great idea. It adds dynamic and a chance to enjoy the open world. In my opinion it would feel more like an mmo if we could interact more with the people on our servers. It would be a great way to meet friends. Just having the option to do so would mix it up a bit from the usual dungeon. Dungeons seem kind of straight forward. No time to get lost and explore. Everyone has been here before let's just zip through this and make it easy. Where is the sense of adventure! Let's get some party skill chains going that fuel interaction between you and your party members.
    I would love again, to fight higher level mobs in a party outside of instances, and chain them up to 100 for rerwarding exp. To be able to choose your location and battle mobs, one after the other, while enjoying the scenery, brings a sense of tranquility.

I would also like for a party level sync feature to allow the oportunity for friends and FC members to do this as well.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast