Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Russell Griffin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Chat window is horrid, doesn't fit in at all with the FF feel.....

Seriously the colours are ugly, luminous, hurt my eyes, and the choice of colours are all really ugly. the look, the feel, and textures of the actual glass chat box is too modern looking, It doesnt fit in with the game at all. I think seeming as every one wants that "Final Fantasy" feel of the game back, they should make the chat window more like the FF11 one, or just make it look more like a JP RPG chat log, it was beautiful, we could choose different themes, the font and colours were perfect, it complimented the menu bar and I enjoyed reading all my LS chat and party chat. Now I just cant stand the chat window, it just doesnt feel like final fantasy when im reading my LS chat.

Heres a screen shot - All I could really find:

http://www.markeedragon.com/screenshots/data/3090/5142FFXI-_Final-Fantasy-11_-screenshot-Hyla-111441337425.jpg
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sponge Bob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Trying not to be negative here, but that one in that screen shot looks bloody ugly. But i do agree with you the chat window in 14 isn't the best but then that just fits in with the whole game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Russell Griffin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenics View Post
    Trying not to be negative here, but that one in that screen shot looks bloody ugly. But i do agree with you the chat window in 14 isn't the best but then that just fits in with the whole game.
    Lol yh i should of found a better screen shot, I aint done my argument much justice. I just mean, games like ff7, 8, 9, even dragon quest games, have really cool looking chat, and thats what JP mmprpgs should all look like.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zanfire Leoz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    what 11's was making the chat bar the center of attention, where as 14 is more like every other MMO. I personally hate it, and the fact that we cant change simple things like font sizes bothers me. Ive tryed making my chat bar like FFXI, but of course the stamina, enemy HP and combat bar get in the way (and not being able to adjust much of the text/bg color dont help)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kanikou Escaflowne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    XI's UI looked and felt like a Final Fantasy interface (looks better on higher resolutions) -- XIV's as said is trying to mimic the ugly generic MMORPG design.
    (0)

Player

you guys really liked that the chat bar took up the entire bottom of the screen?

if i had the money and the tech means id put all of that stuff onto a completely seperate moniter and literally only have my groups HP and enimies HP up at the top and top left corner of my main moniter. typing chat doesnt belong in endgame so it wouldnt be needed for me and everything else just takes up valuable visual space.
    i HATED that my groups HP was at the bottom right, i HATED that the chat took up THE ENTIRE bottom screen, and i hated the background colors (except transparent grey)

i thought FFXI had the ugliest and clunkiest UI in history and the worlds developers (from what i read) agreed with me when FFXI hit america.
    (4)
    15 abilities each? what is this... Kindergarten?
    A jack of all trades WHM... what is this 1989?

Player
    Character
    Russell Griffin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennestia View Post
    XI's UI looked and felt like a Final Fantasy interface (looks better on higher resolutions) -- XIV's as said is trying to mimic the ugly generic MMORPG design.
    Exactly! FF has always been different, why are they trying to follow the croud now, it doesnt make any sense....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Russell Griffin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    you guys really liked that the chat bar took up the entire bottom of the screen?

if i had the money and the tech means id put all of that stuff onto a completely seperate moniter and literally only have my groups HP and enimies HP up at the top and top left corner of my main moniter. typing chat doesnt belong in endgame so it wouldnt be needed for me and everything else just takes up valuable visual space.
    i HATED that my groups HP was at the bottom right, i HATED that the chat took up THE ENTIRE bottom screen, and i hated the background colors (except transparent grey)

i thought FFXI had the ugliest and clunkiest UI in history and the worlds developers (from what i read) agreed with me when FFXI hit america.
    I absolutely loved FF 11 having the full focus at the bottom of the screen. When doing sky/Dyna etc it was vital to follow instructions from the LS Leader, so it makes sense that it is the focus point.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Finchley View Post
    I absolutely loved FF 11 having the full focus at the bottom of the screen. When doing sky/Dyna etc it was vital to follow instructions from the LS Leader, so it makes sense that it is the focus point.
    so you didnt use vent? in my endgame vent is required because reading takes focus away from the mobs.

also, whenever your camera angle is pointing forward the mob is always at the top of the screen, you are at about the middle of the screen, so everything is happening at the top and middle of your moniter..... wouldnt it make sense to have all of that also at the top of the screen so you dont have to look away from the action???? hence why it makes more sense to me to have the vital points of the ui up and out of the way of everything. again, vent is free and mics are dirt cheap, typing should be avoided during endgame.

When doing sky/Dyna etc it was vital to follow instructions from the LS Leader, so it makes sense that it is the focus point.
    again there is no reasoning as to why having the chat log take up the entire BOTTOM of the screen... it just doesnt make any plausible sense to me! ventrilo people, ventrilo!
    (2)
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 06-12-2011 at 04:40 AM.
    15 abilities each? what is this... Kindergarten?
    A jack of all trades WHM... what is this 1989?

Player
    Character
    Krystal Spoonless
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennestia View Post
    What exactly do you want?

Describe in detail what you would find acceptable for FFXIV's chat log (other than saying "FFXI's chat log").
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast