Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

Fishing and Treasure Maps

Ugh. I was fishing for a leve and I didnt realise my 18 hour timer was up, so I ended up catching a Timeworn Goatskin Map. I did not want a goatskin, as I prefer to save up Peisteskins and do them in a bunch with a FC party.

So now I am stuck with a map I didn't want and have to wait 18 hours to get the map I am interested in. Because there is no selection of items beforehand when fishing, unlike botany and mining, there is no way to stop yourself from getting unwanted maps

Would it be possible that when fishing and you get a map that you get a pop up confirmation box asking you wether you want the particilar type you pulled up so that if you dont want it, you can toss it back into the water and not lose your 18 hour reset?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    On my server, Goatskin maps sell for more than peisteskin maps. Maybe you can just trade it in for a peisteskin via the market wards?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shane Leonhart
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Well, one thing I can think of is since you can only carry one of each map since they are Unique, why not bring carry all the lower maps with you? Then when you go fishing, it'll pretty much be forced to give you the map you don't have provided you're fishing at a spot that can fish up whatever map you desire.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Belcross Panda
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium02 View Post
    Ugh. I was fishing for a leve and I didnt realise my 18 hour timer was up, so I ended up catching a Timeworn Goatskin Map.
    Same thing occurred with me.

I would concur with the option to choose if I want these maps or not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sina Staelwaen
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    You can get Blue Fox Hides from Goatskin maps and thanks to the desire for Bluebird minion, Blue Fox Hides seem to be quite rare. They're used to craft the new Vanity set with LTW, called Highland {XYZ}.
    (0)