Player
    Character
    Pepper Liquorice
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Duty Roulette: Low Level. Needs fixing.

This is a terrible tool for leveling... yes the bonus EXP at the end is nice, but been level 40 and thrown into a level 15 dungeon, earning level 15 dungeon experience for 40-60 minutes basically cancels out the bonus EXP that we earn, if we compare it to a lvl 40 player going through a lvl 40 dungeon in 40-60 minutes.

Only reason I keep queuing is because of the chance for a Primal battle (very quick) or slightly higher level dungeon that can actually give me decent XP per minute AND bonus XP at the end!

The obvious fix is just to scale exp to the current player level for each mob killed... after all what matters to players is per unit of time spent, not what level each mob is.

At this rate, it's better to queue to see if you get lucky (and withdraw if you don't) and keep grinding fates outside of the down time. This isn't healthy player behaviour - but it is optimal EXP behaviour.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Drivont O'raguille
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 56
    I got Halatali this morning and got 1600xp a mob, and 291k roulette bonus netted about 3/4 of 49 BLM to almost 50 ****I was a "job in need" too though, so it may have made it higher? I'm not sure.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Pepper Liquorice
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    That's pretty nice!... I've been getting 1k a mob and 120k or so XP on my Dragoon...

But the thing is, most of the exp gain comes from the bonus exp at the end. Without that, then I'm only netting 1/3rd level after 40-60 minutes. You wouldn't be doing too much better either.

OTOH, if you manage to get dungeon closer to your actual level, you get the same bonus EXP, but also with a much better exp per minute rate.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Blowfin Jr
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    OTOH, if you manage to get dungeon closer to your actual level, you get the same bonus EXP, but also with a much better exp per minute rate.
    Bonus exp from lower level dungeons scales to offset lower EXP in the dungeon. From what I've seen, the lower the dungeon level, the higher the exp bonus. The biggest bonus I've seen was from Sastasha (175K on 42 WAR).

If anything, the experience from Primals is too high in low level DF, and needs to be brought into line with the time vs. reward offered by the dungeons.

Apart from that Duty Roulette rocks, it's made leveling lower level jobs so much more enjoyable that it's ridiculous.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Ragnus Ironhand
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    So, you want the Roulette to be less 'Roulette-y'.

Then, why call it a Roulette in the first place if you want to stack the odds of a "better" dungeon in your favor? The very point of introducing this idea was to give old dungeons new life & help lowbies get through areas that have been left to the wayside by the playerbase at large.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Sunarie Rymshek
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I like the Roulette as is. On my BRD (level 48) if I get a lower level dungeon.. say Copperbell, my exp per mob is only about 777. However, the bonus exp at the end is gigantic (I've see around 250k). On the other hand, getting a dungeon more my level range, the mobs were netting almost 3k each, but the completion bonus was only about 80k. I'd say they have it right. I am absolutely in love with this part of the patch.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Inari Silverfox
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunarie View Post
    I like the Roulette as is. On my BRD (level 48) if I get a lower level dungeon.. say Copperbell, my exp per mob is only about 777. However, the bonus exp at the end is gigantic (I've see around 250k). On the other hand, getting a dungeon more my level range, the mobs were netting almost 3k each, but the completion bonus was only about 80k. I'd say they have it right. I am absolutely in love with this part of the patch.
    This has been my experience as well.

I like it as it is. It's great, and a lot of fun. I get a real kick every time I start one and see where I end up.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Calyanare Vendaurel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HorrorStory View Post
    So, you want the Roulette to be less 'Roulette-y'.

Then, why call it a Roulette in the first place if you want to stack the odds of a "better" dungeon in your favor? The very point of introducing this idea was to give old dungeons new life & help lowbies get through areas that have been left to the wayside by the playerbase at large.
    The problem appears to be that if 4 players are matched up who all got there via Duty Roulette, they wind up in Sastasha by default, rather than somewhere that's actually random.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pepper Liquorice
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Oh... that's how it works. I've only been seeing low level dungeons through duty finder - and consistently seeing 120-150k in my level range. So I just naturally assumed that the bonus exp was fixed at the end. If that's the case, that's more sensible.

@Horrorstory: No, I wanted them to bring up exp per mob up on low level dungeons - which is apparently what the bonus XP does, just not as obviously, and only in a lumpsum at the end.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Egwene Alvere
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Calyanare View Post
    The problem appears to be that if 4 players are matched up who all got there via Duty Roulette, they wind up in Sastasha by default, rather than somewhere that's actually random.
    I have been in a full random'ed roulette party and was put in ifrit story mode so that isn't true.
    (3)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast