Player
    Character
    Jon Targarian
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    This is my experience as well. I am so sick of Satasha and to a lesser extent Tam Tara. So, how it seems to work is the higher lvl the dungeon, the more XP the mobs will reward you (this is after you do your daily roulette). Just testing it real quick last night, at lvl 28ish in Haukke Manor I was receiving about 1600 xp per normal mob and near 2k for maidens or other "boss" types. Use roulette, get stuck in Satasha, and get about 500 xp per mob. Nope, not doing that again. What you have to do is queue for the dungeon nearest your lvl to receive the best xp. Now, if you get stuck with a primadonna tank or healer (I'm dps), the run can kinda drag on. Also, there are some tank bots running around that just need to be kicked. You can tell they are a bot by their actions and pathing.
    This is amazing to me. I tried to point this out last Thursday and got raked through the coals the other posters here. Glad others are finally getting it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynnth Stahlern
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 41
    Quote Originally Posted by McStagger View Post
    This is amazing to me. I tried to point this out last Thursday and got raked through the coals the other posters here. Glad others are finally getting it.
    Everyone really should have seen it coming, it's just hat most people are burned out on fates/hate fates and are content running the same dungeons over and over. Hell, in a week I have I think both sets of gear from Satasha and both from Tam Tara...which I will never use as all my alts (sans GLD, nty) are over 15 (different alt). At this point, I can't roll on the gear as I already have a piece. What I would like to see happen is you allow that "set gear" that drops from dungeons to be trade/sell-able, of course reserving only X can roll on the gear. Something like that anyway instead of just letting it rot in the dungeon.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alisette Dumont
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    What are you even going on about?
    That treasure chests are being skipped, as well as that people try to semi-speedrun (with all the tactics that come with it).

I won't say it is a bad thing, you just need to keep in mind that one of the party members might not be used to the dungeon yet and help accordingly. Most of the time a few short sentences are enough to get someone to understand what you are doing, and what you expect them to do.

Whenever I am playing a low level job and I see that there are chests that we missed that give interesting items I usually run back alone after the dungeon is finished. That way I'm sure to get it too, haha.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lynnth Stahlern
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 41
    The chests have been 50/50 for the groups I have been in. Some skip the extra ones, others go for all the chests. I am actually becoming a bit jaded by the treasure chests as most of the drop either potions or other fairly useless junk. I can see why some people just don't feel like they are worth it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Selawyn Kludra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I kinda wish I could pass on the trash chests really. Those ethers and potions are useless to me, but I'm sure a new player would have some use for them. I just vendor or discard them...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Waliel Hla
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Bonus exp from lower level dungeons scales to offset lower EXP in the dungeon. From what I've seen, the lower the dungeon level, the higher the exp bonus. The biggest bonus I've seen was from Sastasha (175K on 42 WAR).

If anything, the experience from Primals is too high in low level DF, and needs to be brought into line with the time vs. reward offered by the dungeons.

Apart from that Duty Roulette rocks, it's made leveling lower level jobs so much more enjoyable that it's ridiculous.
    Bonus XP is half of the level you enter the dungeon as, and has nothing to do with the level of the dungeon you enter.
    (0)

Yoshi-P is doing his best and is patching Endwalker. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Player
    Character
    Sunarie Rymshek
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Waliel View Post
    Bonus XP is half of the level you enter the dungeon as, and has nothing to do with the level of the dungeon you enter.
    Please explain to me why I earned 150k for a dungeon at level 45 (Brayflox), 80k for a dungeon at 46 (Cutter's Cry), and 250k for a dungeon at 47 (Copperbell)?

The dungeons sure seem to be in level brackets to me, the lower level the dungeon I get, the more bonus exp I get at the end. If you're insisting it's something other than what I have seen with my own eyes (and that others are confirming is also their experience), where is your proof?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Waliel Hla
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Huh... interesting. I've always got half of my level. I guess it could be scaling, but I've just always gotten a lowbie dungeon when i paid attention to the bonus.
    (0)

Yoshi-P is doing his best and is patching Endwalker. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Player
    Character
    Lynnth Stahlern
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 41
    Quote Originally Posted by Waliel View Post
    Gonna have to say you are wrong on this. The lower the level the dungeon, the higher the roulette reward will be for your first completion that day. Thereafter, lower level dungeons will reward much lower XP per mob and you're better off queueing for dungeons your level.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mag Cotti
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It's simple really. The higher your level plus the level range of the dungeon equals to a lowered\raised mob experience and a lowered\raised bonus at the end. You are getting around the same bonus either way. The commplaint here isn't valid. The roulette works as the duty finder does, and you will be placed in a party for the lowest level in that queue. That is just how it goes. There is no fix to the sysem to be applied. Ones desire to see other dungeons other than the initial beginning ones is valid, however we are at the mercy of the randomness of roulette.

Enjoy your experience bonus that they allow you none the less.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast