Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Selawyn Kludra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I've been generally happy with it. I got an *enormous* bonus for doing Sastasha on my Lv30 warrior. I thought it was a bug at first, really. <_< The guildhests could use a buff though, but it's still nice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inari Silverfox
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I will say that so far I've been in mostly lower level instances. I've gotten Sastasha, Ifrit, Halatali and Tam-Tara. They appear to be all completely random roulette groups, judging by peoples' gear. No one has had gear remotely appropriate for that level. Everyone is over-geared. We're also usually blowing away everything like the big bad wolf blowing at one of the three piggies homes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calyanare Vendaurel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by EgweneALvere View Post
    I have been in a full random'ed roulette party and was put in ifrit story mode so that isn't true.
    Well, maybe it's not, but it seems to happen to me more often than not. It is pretty funny, though, to be in a group of level 50 players with relics running Sastasha. At the very least, it seems to be heavily weighted towards the level-20-and-under dungeons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pepper Liquorice
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    After doing the duty roulette for the day, a thought immediately struck me upon completion - there's no point using duty roulette again until tomorrow!

So if the point is to encourage players to jump into all the dungeons and get some variety to their leveling experience, it'd be better if the mob exp was scaled to the player level and not the bonus exp.

Also, something really annoying about going into low lvl dungeon while leveling... is that the leveling exp is there to teach you how to use your class, as you get new skills, you get a few levels to learn how to use the skills.

Well... you go into low level dungeons, you lose all the skills that you've been gaining.

Especially bad as dragoon - learn the complicated rotation, only to be sent into Satasha, where all you do is spam impulse drive until your buttons break D:
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sunarie Rymshek
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaptruder View Post
    After doing the duty roulette for the day, a thought immediately struck me upon completion - there's no point using duty roulette again until tomorrow!

So if the point is to encourage players to jump into all the dungeons and get some variety to their leveling experience, it'd be better if the mob exp was scaled to the player level and not the bonus exp.
    Yeah, only doing it once per day is the most beneficial exp wise. After I've done my one I tend to just queue for whatever the highest is because of the per-mob exp.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jon Targarian
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunarie View Post
    Yeah, only doing it once per day is the most beneficial exp wise. After I've done my one I tend to just queue for whatever the highest is because of the per-mob exp.
    This is exactly what I do. Roulette is useless after the daily bonus. Using it puts you in Sastasha 90% of the time and I have yet to have it put me in anything above Halatali.
    (0)

Character
    Archs Crysta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I've more of a problem with the fact that I get throw into the 3 first dungeons over and over as WHM, ugh...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ava Adore
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 70
    you're not doing yourself - or others - a favour if you keep using duty roulette and keep being thrown into sastasha and so on. it's actually kind of annoying when I go on my .actually. lowbie character/class, would really like to get all the chests and so on since I can .use. those things, just to have 1-2 higher level characters burning through the run, and when you ask them to slow down they are telling you that they are bored of it and just need the xp because they run it x numbers of times a day (and pointing out the randomness of the roulette)

they don't .know. that I'm actually an experienced whm when I play on my lowbie char conjurer. a new character would be completely lost with that type of 'speed running' where sastasha takes 15 minutes.
    (and I let a tank die on purpose a few days ago because he ran straight for the first boss instead of following the two dps and myself, going for the chest)

that's not the purpose of the douty roulette, you're just using it like that. if you want fast xp, please, use the new party finder.
    (0)

Character
    Archs Crysta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by amnie View Post
    you're not doing yourself - or others - a favour if you keep using duty roulette and keep being thrown into sastasha and so on. it's actually kind of annoying when I go on my .actually. lowbie character/class, would really like to get all the chests and so on since I can .use. those things, just to have 1-2 higher level characters burning through the run, and when you ask them to slow down they are telling you that they are bored of it and just need the xp because they run it x numbers of times a day (and pointing out the randomness of the roulette) they don't .know. that I'm actually an experienced whm when I play on my lowbie char conjurer. a new character would be completely lost with that type of 'speed running' where sastasha takes 15 minutes.
    (and I let a tank die on purpose a few days ago because he ran straight for the first boss instead of following the two dps and myself, going for the chest)

that's not the purpose of the douty roulette, you're just using it like that. if you want fast xp, please, use the new party finder.
    What are you even going on about?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynnth Stahlern
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 41
    This is my experience as well. I am so sick of Satasha and to a lesser extent Tam Tara. So, how it seems to work is the higher lvl the dungeon, the more XP the mobs will reward you (this is after you do your daily roulette). Just testing it real quick last night, at lvl 28ish in Haukke Manor I was receiving about 1600 xp per normal mob and near 2k for maidens or other "boss" types. Use roulette, get stuck in Satasha, and get about 500 xp per mob. Nope, not doing that again. What you have to do is queue for the dungeon nearest your lvl to receive the best xp. Now, if you get stuck with a primadonna tank or healer (I'm dps), the run can kinda drag on. Also, there are some tank bots running around that just need to be kicked. You can tell they are a bot by their actions and pathing.

What I have taken to doing now is queueing up for a dungeon, and in the meantime grinding fates....solo. You can't bring out your damn choco or you get kicked out still....learned that one the hard way -_-;; Also, you can't join a fate group to get the chain xp (if any) or just better xp from tagging all the mobs because you can't be in the dungeon queue at the same time. So, now I am starting to see more and more people solo fate and the groups have consistently gotten larger since the patch. There are some fate groups about now too. Hell, Cancer is being killed again, which is just amazing and awesome. Costa Del Sol was absolutely dead for the past week but seems to have increased in population today. Anyway, grind fates solo and queue for the dungeon that is nearest your level. You can do levees too, but those are still best used for crafting/gathering, or when you are real close to leveling out. I just can't bring myself to using 10+ levees in a row to gain 1 level.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast