Player
    Character
    Denzel Taru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51

WAR Stat Allocation Str vs. Vit

So me and a friend were discussing this.. i blocked out his name just in case he didnt want me to upload our convo lol..

rather than type it all out i just screenshotted.. although come to think of it the time it took me to block everything out i coulda typed it.. ahwell..

what do you guys think is the best way to go? i love my 20STR/10VIT WAR and have NO problems with it.. but i would change if its not optimal i dont go too far into stats tbh i just know this worked for me

(0)

Latest Video: The ill FATE of a Ninja https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKVZ-biCMpg

Player
    Character
    Taal Kheru
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    You're friend compared a main stat to a secondary for sch
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Solitario
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Depends on the content you're doing and whether you're working towards progression or farming; the general consensus is to allocate for VIT and use STR/damage accessories when viable though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Your friend was wrong about SCH too, so you can probably assume he's wrong about Warrior.

Warrior, even before the 2.1 patch, was 30VIT until you had enough gear to go back to 10/20/30STR.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    VIT all the way.

Even if you are full i90, you can never have enough VIT. While VIT doesn't help you mitigate damage, tank death usually results from huge damage spikes. The hardest hitting bosses in the game all have that in common:
    • Turn 4 Double Dreadnaughts or Quadruple Clockworks (whichever strat floats your boat)
    • Twintania can one-round you with Death Sentence + AA or Plummet
    • Titan EX Mountain Buster
    • Ifrit EX Incinerate with multiple stacks
    HP is the bottleneck here, not Enmity/Damage.

I also REALLY like having a set of crafted HQ i70 jewellery for situations where the damage is needed more than the HP. Compared to i90 jewellery, you're trading VIT for STR at a 5:9 ratio plus you're gaining Accuracy, Determination and Crit. This is much more compelling than trading VIT for STR at a 1:1 ratio, which is what you're doing if you put any Attribute points into STR.

30 VIT or you're doing it wrong.
    (11)
    Last edited by bokchoykn; 12-24-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kal El
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I really don't like healing WAR's that have less HP than my PLD to be honest.

I find it a lot harder to keep the STR WAR alive rather than a full VIT WAR. Hence why I went full VIT on mine.

Could be that I was partying with crap WARs but seems like full VIT is the way to go.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Denzel Taru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    thanks for all the input.. i feel i am a good WAR but am always looking for ways to improve.. i think i will try full 30VIT and see what my damage and hate management is like then.. then go to 10str and test again.. (i mean.. what else am i gonna spend those seals on?) lol
    (1)

Latest Video: The ill FATE of a Ninja https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKVZ-biCMpg

Player
    Character
    Kal El
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DenzelTaru View Post
    thanks for all the input.. i feel i am a good WAR but am always looking for ways to improve.. i think i will try full 30VIT and see what my damage and hate management is like then.. then go to 10str and test again.. (i mean.. what else am i gonna spend those seals on?) lol
    I was gonna say Hymns are really easy to come by! Haha.

You shouldn't have a hate problem at all. Especially with the enmity boost on Defiance. If you have a static group then try a difficult run as you are then change to full VIT. Your healer will see a difference more than you will.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Denzel Taru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Your healer will see a difference more than you will.
    being main healer myself.. i can hear what you're saying.. but so far (and my progress is clearing turn 4 and garuda xm no further) having a Warrior with at least 7000HP is okay for me to manage, and thats what my WAR is at, at the moment and thats with only 1 ilv90 item (2 if you include zenith) but thats just me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kal El
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DenzelTaru View Post
    being main healer myself.. i can hear what you're saying.. but so far (and my progress is clearing turn 4 and garuda xm no further) having a Warrior with at least 7000HP is okay for me to manage, and thats what my WAR is at, at the moment and thats with only 1 ilv90 item (2 if you include zenith) but thats just me.
    Well you answered your question if you're completing content successfully without any "Oh Shit!" Moments then you're doing fine.

Gear + Stats =|= Skill.

My friend alts BRD (ilevel 73) and outplayed the ilevel 80 BRD in our group by a mile. Find what works best for you
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast