Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Antanias View Post
    Then one foggy Christmas Eve,
    Santa came to say,
    "There won't be many players here,
    So for a brief while you can't play."
    Nice one Ant. :3 *steals a ball of yarn*

I was just glad that there hasn't been maintenance for a few days. We got a nice break from it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nabiri; 01-31-2014 at 03:38 PM.

~She gave her heart to a falling star~
    ~~~~~~
    If he's not here, then where?
    ~~~~~~
    ~Been searching for my Afterman~

Player
    Character
    Sir Wethamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    I think the more sad fact isn't that there is maintanence on christmas, but that it means that a lot of people at SE are working on the holidays. Seriously, yoshi needs to sleep some time man! I swear, if you look at a before and after comparison of when he just got the job, and now. you can see the bags in his eyes growing and him just looking utterly destroyed.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Fluorescent Bloom
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWethamster View Post
    I think the more sad fact isn't that there is maintanence on christmas, but that it means that a lot of people at SE are working on the holidays. Seriously, yoshi needs to sleep some time man! I swear, if you look at a before and after comparison of when he just got the job, and now. you can see the bags in his eyes growing and him just looking utterly destroyed.
    Yeah, hopefully he will have a vacation soon. So he can reset his mind a bit
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Calyanare Vendaurel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Christmas in Japan is actually celebrated somewhat like Valentine's Day is here: it's a big date night (i.e., not a "real" holiday, nobody gets time off work). They don't have any tradition of spending it with family and friends the way people in Western culture do (they do that sort of thing for New Year's, so my bet is that they're getting the maintenance out of the way in anticipation of time off for their real holiday).
    (3)
    Last edited by Calyanare; 12-23-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sapphic Meow
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Not everyone recognizes or celebrates "Christmas". Maybe Yoshi and team practice Shinto or Buddhism, you know, the largest religions in Japan. Or even no religion at all like myself.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Shirai N'yankoro
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Calyanare View Post
    Christmas in Japan is actually celebrated somewhat like Valentine's Day is here: it's a big date night (i.e., not a "real" holiday, nobody gets time off work). They don't have any tradition of spending it with family and friends the way people in Western culture do
    This pretty much. Christmas in Japan is a commercial thing, nothing more.
    Aside from that though, many other countries in the parts of the world that do celebrate Christmas as a holiday seem to also follow in those footsteps as many stores and facilities are open during these days.
    (1)
    Felis catus

Player
    Character
    Ferria Svensa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Its not like Yoshi is doing the maintenance himself.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Izumi Curtis
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    You know, Santa needs some time to do his job... so he promised SE nice gifts if they took the game down for him while he works.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mag Cotti
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Okay. But it's a what, three hour downtime? Can you not survive three dang hours not playing the game? Kinda sad, no?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sir Wethamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphic View Post
    Not everyone recognizes or celebrates "Christmas". Maybe Yoshi and team practice Shinto or Buddhism, you know, the largest religions in Japan. Or even no religion at all like myself.
    Aye, I know that is most likely the case, Christmas is mostly a western holiday, but still. Would be nice if they could catch a break. Hopefully they will get a nice vacation during their newyears celebrations, and the golden week I believe it's called when that comes around. Either way, everyone needs a bit of rest every now and then, we are only human after all.
    (1)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast