Player
    Character
    Xatsh Vei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by IzumiRaito View Post
    I stopped reading at getting back to rng crafting. Please do not destroy the best crafting in mmos.
    You can 100% HQ everything without any hq item. That is a design flaw. It is one of the reasons, not the only one, that everything is worthless now.

Without some element of randomness or rarity there is no value. No RNG does not work for any kind of content in a mmo. Crafting, Gathering, or endgame wise.

XIV has one of the best crafting mechanics yes, but in the end it is one of the most worthless crafting systems as well.

And for people saying vanity will fix things. It will fix the economy as much as housing and PvP items did.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Altanas Aidendale
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I think one way to stimulate demand would be a temporary buffing or enchantment system, i.e. the reverse of Repairs

1. Sharpening weapons for more damage, wears off dependent on item condition after which requires a resharpen.

2. Temporary imbuing armour with element resistance via shards/crystals etc which may be somewhat advantageous for primal fights

3. Application of gems to armour for certain buffs (currently gems are aligned to stats)

4. Application of offensive potions to weapons

5. Use of regeants or shards to buff spell potencies

Lastly,

6. I think a much better way to go with housing would have been to grant FC's ownership of a whole Housing Instance or to band together with multiple FCs and split up ownership of a Housing Instance, but the instance itself would have no buildings at all, it would be a field zone literally. Then require so much ore, ingots, etc to encourage FC's to make their own player town - from scratch - . That way it may have cost the same amount but at least everyone starts with something and over time work their way up. Even if progression was minimal each week at least its progress. At the moment its all /urgh.
    (5)

Character
    Deionarra Eidolon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I suspect that SE is looking to run a different type of economy than what we're used to; one in which, realistically, gil isn't needed for much. Yes, it keeps prices on most everything low, but there's also virtually no need for any goods, just wants.

The alternative is (inevitably) a system like FFXI had, where certain gear is attainable only by the tremendously wealthy, like Kraken Club. They seem to be intent on preventing this type of situation. The economy you see is the result, and the only reason you view it as crashing is because you are looking for something like FFXI's.

Ironically, the market will only begin to improve once a larger segment of the playerbase begins to realize they don't need money, and stops throwing goods up constantly onto the AH. As the supply trickles down, a nicer balance will be reached. Until then, this is going to be a fairly constant aspect of the economy; the good side is that you'll never be priced out of some piece of elite end-game gear.

Edit: I do agree that the housing system, as-implemented, doesn't remotely fit with the current market economics. They need to adjust that, badly, or alter in some substantial way how the economy functions (i.e. introduce rare goods that are needed and very difficult to acquire).
    (3)
    Last edited by Vhailor; 12-27-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Odintius Baelsar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    SquareEnix fear of rmt's is also really hurting the player base as well, SE will never complete get rid of them instead make them have to progress like the rest of the player base. Some idea's maybe to help with these issues and is an opinion please add alternate idea if don’t like mine.

1. Have dungeons have different unique drops from bosses that does not drop in open world. Add a feature to party finder to check box to be able to change to a gather type class ONLY to farm mat’s their also and better be well geared to boot a fresh 50 should not be able to achieve this easily and there is a set number of nodes in that dungeon. This way player with simular goals can party up and expect to be able to do gathering instead of duty finder with random people with maybe different goals and this also promotes Free Company to do stuff together for goals.

2. Crafter’s know with the new unique drops have new recipes that can upgrade (i)lvl for gear sets that drops from dungeons or other sets and a possiblity to HQ them to get a even higher (i)lvl. These new recipes should be 45+ to make rmt’s have to go threw all that progression to even attempt this!

3. Open up the materia system to mid/high end gear only by once you’ve upgrade a piece of gear by specific crafter class that this opens up to however many materia slot’s. This should be a teir system of progression on gear and a system design to adjust the diffculty of party’s gear (i)lvl. This could clear away also to maybe adding drops that are extemely rare drops let say (i)lvl95 gear can upgrade to lvl98 but require extreme effort to gain access to them!

I could add allot more but this is basic stuff without getting into more detail aspect’s that would be required allot of text to a number of other issue’s of the game. By implement something like this imo could help out with some of the issue we currently having again just an opinion and idea of mine and yes im a casual :P
    (2)

Greetings,

There are currently no plans to add any end-game style content for Disciples of the Hand.

Once free company housing becomes a bit more widespread we expect the demand for furniture to increase, and as the maximum item level is increased, we will of course be introducing new recipes to create higher-level items.
    (25)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Squishy Pants
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Greetings,

There are currently no plans to add any end-game style content for Disciples of the Hand.

Once free company housing becomes a bit more widespread we expect the demand for furniture to increase, and as the maximum item level is increased, we will of course be introducing new recipes to create higher-level items.
    It's nice to hope but the problem with your theory is the price of housing. What it requires to save enough gold to purchase a house means your FC has a few high level crafters and gathers. So when you can make / gather all your own stuff why would you go and spend extra money at the Market to get these items? After you just emptied your FC's bank to afford your house do you think people are going to be in a big rush to spend more money or even have the money to buy vanity housing items?

If you think as more houses are purchased it will create a market for housing furnishings, then again by making the requirements for the housing so high you are guaranteeing that FCs will have their own crafters and gathers which negate the requirement for any need to buy these items from the free market.
    (95)

Player
    Character
    Revii Lagoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Greetings,

There was before, it was called Hamlet. Why take away something we already had?
    (66)

Character
    Vamperica Garisk
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Greetings,

Really? Free company housing items will be crafted by crafters in the free company. Very little (if any) will be sold on the marketboards. There won't be a 'demand' for furniture at all, seeing as how everyone will still be able to craft everything. Who is advising you on these things?
    (66)

Player
    Character
    Lamentis Anima
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I am personally for the concept of a global market across servers. I think it would balance prices a bit more and level supply and demand. Though that concept would hurt some pricing with items it would help with others.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ReviiLagoon View Post
    There was before, it was called Hamlet. Why take away something we already had?
    Hamlet was terribad.
    (1)
    I like frog

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast