Player
    Character
    Loony Bob
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80

Rank the areas!

I'm curious how you all rank the areas. So...

Rank the housing areas in order of preference!
    1. Gridania - Prettiest by a long shot. Just gorgeous.
    2. Ul'dah - Central nature of it means easy travel to all other areas from this location, also tends to be the busiest nearby city. Shame it's not super-pretty, though.
    3. Limsa - Those canals just bug me, I keep falling in them. xD Still looks alright, nice to have a beach.

What's your Grand Company?
    Immortal Flames
    (0)
    doop doop

Player
    Character
    Akio Shikimazu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I actually went yesterday to take a look and here's my impression

Ranking:
    1. Limsa Lominsa - Nothing can beat the view, beach-parties and sunsets that can happen there, paired with a nice mediterranean feeling and the variety of places - either buy a small house right inside the city center, down at the beach or somewhat outside of the district center for a little more quiet spaces.
    2. Ul'dah - I was surprised how they kept the circular theme of the main city of Ul'dah which is a huge plus. Currently though it looks rather empty and there are a lot of paths it's rather easy to get lost lol. Surely this will look like an amazing city district if build fully but that'll probably be the case for all 3 districts.
    3. Gridania - Not gonna lie, the area is gorgeous. For all nature lovers and forest dwellers, this is the place to go. Feels extremely cozy and those colorful paths are just beautiful.

Immortal Flames (currently)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lunariel Crystal
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Visited all 3 housing areas, both day and night.

Lavender Bed has the best views.
    It has the richest color among all 3 housing areas, great landscapes and glowing floras.
    Anyway, some pictures:

(0)
    Last edited by WhoIsTheGuest; 12-22-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    1. Limsa Lomina - I love that it's one big area and that if I wanted to get to the beach, all I had to do is jump from roof to roof.
    2. Gridania- I love how it looks but the fact the the shops are all the way in the back and that the areas are kind of segregated bug me.
    2.5. Ul'dah- I like that it a big area like Limsa's but there's too many height differences to get around easily, even for this jump-loving cat. Props for having the stores right next to the entrance though.>3>
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dark Saviour
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    I like Lavender Beds the best, though as I prefer Gridania in general, this is not a surprise...
    That said, I'm kind of disappointed overall... It all feels claustrophobic and confined and extremely homogenous.

I'd have liked to see the housing districts be much larger and less... corridor...y...?

And have larger sections beyond just the housing there. For instance, have the lavender beds extend into a section of forest that has a meadow and a pond and make the 'shopping district' more pronounced.
    As it is right now, they're good from a screenshot perspective. Not so much from the perspective of actually moving around in them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tryst Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Rank the housing areas in order of preference!

1. Limsa Lominsa - Once I saw Ul'dah, I almost wanted to go there, but for FC housing, Limsa will be my choice (you know, 7 or 8 years down the road ). Limsa has the beaches, the open air, the beaches, neat little corridors, the beaches, oh, and the beaches!
    2. Ul'dah - This will be my choice for personal housing. I used to live in Las Vegas and LOVE the desert, so having my own little slice of it will be perfect. If the personal housing wards are laid out the same as the FC housing, I already know which plot I'm going to try for (I think it's plot 20)
    3. Gridania - Meh. At first glance it looks great, but the longer I wander around in there, the less unique each corner of the area seems. I'd probably get lost trying to find my own house because all the plots look the same. Now, if it looked just a little more hobbity I might be tempted

Maelstrom! Arrrr, 'til sea swallows all!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dresden
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheGuest View Post
    Visited all 3 housing areas, both day and night.

Lavender Bed has the best views.
    It has the richest color among all 3 housing areas, great landscapes and glowing floras.
    Anyway, some pictures:

Yeah, Lavender Beds is gorgeous. My favorite so far. Now if only there was a house anywhere in there to see how they look.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dark Saviour
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Dresden View Post
    Yeah, Lavender Beds is gorgeous. My favorite so far. Now if only there was a house anywhere in there to see how they look.
    Well, since you're on Cactuar, there is one small house there now...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dresden
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Saviour View Post
    Well, since you're on Cactuar, there is one small house there now...
    Which ward. Been at work the last few days and haven't been back to check.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dark Saviour
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Dresden View Post
    Which ward. Been at work the last few days and haven't been back to check.
    Ward 1 lot 9, IIRC.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast