Player
    Character
    Wiggly Pinworms
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60

0 houses bought on leviathan

As of yesterday 0 houses/plots on Levithan have been bought. I checked all 5 wards in each housing district. This should be an indicator that something is amiss. Honestly why add the feature if no one can use it.

I understand there are only 5 wards in each city and if prices were too low not everyone could get one because they would all be sold, however, the same thing has happened because of the prices except no one has a house...which bring me to my first point.

Why implement a feature no one can use?
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Liadan Summerfield
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    No one's bought on Balmung. But honestly, looking at the small plots, they are in no way worth 20 mil. The medium plot is what my guild is trying to save for. I mean, after they lower the prices to something reasonable anyway.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Belcross Panda
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinworms View Post
    As of yesterday 0 houses/plots on Levithan have been bought. I checked all 5 wards in each housing district. This should be an indicator that something is amiss. Honestly why add the feature if no one can use it.

I understand there are only 5 wards in each city and if prices were too low not everyone could get one because they would all be sold, however, the same thing has happened because of the prices except no one has a house...which bring me to my first point.

Why implement a feature no one can use?
    No point in rushing to buy the lots till we are closer to approaching farming, chocobo raising and crafter stations.

Knowing how much the lots costs, these features maybe also expensive.

A smart investor would simply wait 90 days or til the prices fall low enough to where they feel it is reasonable to buy it. No point in dumping all your gil for something that has no features now and having no money to dump it on features when they do appear.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love one now but logically I know I can save myself quite a few digits if I'm just patient. The rate at which the houses depreciate is probably faster then what most people can make gil at. So when looking at that fact, its better to continue making gil and let the prices of the houses fall.

Patience pays off heavily here.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I'd be surprised if any sold on Legacy worlds. Some may have sold if there were some "world first" perks to go with these 5x and 10x prices, but there aren't even any buffs or content yet. But the real sales killer was Yoshi-P announcing that starting prices on NA legacy worlds would drop by more than half in a few months, and on JP legacy worlds by a whopping 80%. That's 12-500 million wasted for whoever buys before then.

Edit: Someone in another thread said 1 small one sold on Durandal (JP datacenter), fwiw. 40M-50M. Wow.
    (0)
    Last edited by ArkhamNative; 12-21-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    do i see a housing market boycott?
    (7)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    FCs have to earn rank 6 as well which may account for some of it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dresden
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by Xystic View Post
    Knowing how much the lots costs, these features maybe also expensive.
    The big gil-sink is the land. I doubt features will be anywhere near the ridiculous levels as the actual plot itself

Quote Originally Posted by Xystic View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love one now but logically I know I can save myself quite a few digits if I'm just patient. The rate at which the houses depreciate is probably faster then what most people can make gil at. So when looking at that fact, its better to continue making gil and let the prices of the houses fall.

Patience pays off heavily here.
    Technically, these are FC housing. Individual player housing hasn't been implemented, and I think pricing was likely set where it was to prevent an entire FC buying out an area for every individual to have their own house.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hermennes Cletrindale
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 15
    I'm buying a FC house as soon as I can afford it (only 3m gil to go).
    I'm under the impression that the reason Leviathan has no houses bought yet is because all of the really big rich guilds are saving up for the largest land plots, while the smaller FCs can't afford a small or medium house yet. A big rich FC could be the first to buy a house but I guess nobody's interested in a world first for this.

edit: There is a house on Leviathan now, appropriately owned by the FC Leviathan.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bufkus; 12-22-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Liadan Summerfield
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    One FC bought a house tonight.

It was a medium house. They paid 90 million for the house and, according to the FC members I spoke with, the way they earned that money was by enacting a quota on Philo materials on their members. Their members had to turn in 8 Philo items a day twice a week, and 4 Philo items a day the other 5 days a week. They did this for a month and a half and, presumably, sold the HQ items they crafted from said Philo items.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tinker Gearsmith
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Damn, I am glad I am NOT in that guild. That kind of grinding just to get an epeen+2?
    (4)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast