Player
    Character
    Zechs Merquise
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

A few DRG questions

Ive been wondering about these for a while.

1. Does Power surge work with all three jumps moves ? Dragonfire Drive, Spineshatter Dive and Jump? The tool tip seems a little misleading in-game :S

2. Does phlebotmize gain any benefit from the disembowel mob de-buff ? And would a rotation that applys it just before the chaos thrust combo be totally gimp ?

3. Is it really ok to let chaos thrust dot drop off from time to time ? I see posts saying its low potency means its ok for it to fall off for a bit from time to time. But its potency both for the initial comboed attack and dot seem quite high to me :O Maybe Im missing something, perhaps the lower dmg for the two moves you have to use before you can get the comboed chaos thrust is what is meant by this?

Thanks in advance for anybody who enlightens me on these issues! ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    1) It should
    2) DoTs are their own standalone DoT damage. If it's anything like Demolish, only the initial strike will deal additional pierce damage provided Disembowel is up. If there's no initial strike then Disembowl won't affect the DoT
    3) Try to keep CT up as much as you can, but really you don't have a choice in the matter. You have to keep Heavy Thrust and Disembowel up as much as possible (preferably 100% uptime) and you'll be doing CT anyways to finish the chain. If you keep Disembowel up 100% of the time, there should be no reason why CT isn't the same
    (0)

Character
    Fulminating Bloodlust
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    1. Power Surge only works with Jump and Spineshatter Dive
    2. DoTs are dependent on your base 100% Potency and readjust accordingly Example: Say you have Heavy Thrust+Blood For Blood+Disembowel up, then your base should be 155 percent potency (Blood For Blood + 30%, Heavy Thrust + 15% Disembowel + 10% Pierce) With Chaos thrust and Phlebotomize ticking they tick at 25% (Phlebotomize) and 30% (Chaos) of the base of 155%.
    3. No it's never ok to let any of your DoTs or dmg buffs fall off.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ash Smokespear
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    About 1: the tooltip actually is super clear, it literally says it works with Jump (as in the ability, not any random "jump") and Spineshatter Dive.
    (1)

Character
    Sky Lionheart
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    Power Surge should really work with Dragonfire Dive... it's no different to how Jump and Spinshatter Dive works, can't think why SE did that, it'd give a nice buff on a massive AoE.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zechs Merquise
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    So would you say this rotation is gimp due to PH missing out on the disembowel buff sometimes, or is the dps difference minimal ?

HT > PH > Chaos combo > Full thrust combo > HT >PH > Full thrust combo x2 > Repeat. Obv I weave buffs etc during GCD.
    (0)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ZechsRaganrock View Post
    So would you say this rotation is gimp due to PH missing out on the disembowel buff sometimes, or is the dps difference minimal ?

HT > PH > Chaos combo > Full thrust combo > HT >PH > Full thrust combo x2 > Repeat. Obv I weave buffs etc during GCD.
    Bad rotation; you lost CT and Dis all the time and don't forget IDC is more damaging than TTT.

I use the one in the DRG thread; H - IDC - P - TTT - H - TTT - P - IDC - H - TTT - P - TTT - repeat. In other words, 2 TTT per IDC

EDIT: I'm not 100% on it, but I don't think DoTs are affected by resistance modifiers (Dis, DK, Foe's, Eye). The base damage is, but I have read the DoT is not. I haven't tested it, so I don't know for sure.
    (0)
    Last edited by PArcher; 06-16-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ricdeau Cyton
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by PArcher View Post
    Bad rotation; you lost CT and Dis all the time and don't forget IDC is more damaging than TTT.

I use the one in the DRG thread; H - IDC - P - TTT - H - TTT - P - IDC - H - TTT - P - TTT - repeat. In other words, 2 TTT per IDC

EDIT: I'm not 100% on it, but I don't think DoTs are affected by resistance modifiers (Dis, DK, Foe's, Eye). The base damage is, but I have read the DoT is not. I haven't tested it, so I don't know for sure.
    You are correct, DOTs do not carry the classification of slashing, piercing, blunt, etc. So they will not be modified by resistance debuffs, but if there is a base attack on the ability it will be modified by it (just not the DOT component).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaane Moka
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Instead of making another topic, I put it up here. As a Ilv97 Dragoon with Liberator and 3 pieces of High Allagant gears (Head,Ring and Boot), the rest is Af2 and Allagant gears, and with the food as Button in the Blanket HQ, my DpS in T8 is average of 330, burst at the start can reach up to 440, is that low DPS for my gear? Because I asked some dragoon out in the world, and they said my DPS is low. My acc is 514, so I don't think I would miss an attack no matter where my attacks are coming from. I don't have to push mines or Tower (only 1 time). To you guys, is my DpS low or decent or high? And what can I do to have better DPs besides getting more gear?? Thanks in advance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zechs Merquise
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    My god, I cant believe my rotation has been so gimp this whole time(drg is my alt that I don't get to play a lot xD)

I donno where i picked that rotation up, but i thought it was similar to the dragoon reborn one, obv not :S

Thanks a lot for the answers guys, im sure i can increase my dps a lot with this information ^^
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast