Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Simon Fletcher
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Isn't Skill Speed an almost wasted stat, though, because we have animation delay on almost everything? It'd be one thing if animations were sped up based on your skill speed, but I didn't think that was the case. You can only get so fast in this game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meilin Toudou
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicFan View Post
    I would have thought the loss of 4 DEX is more than offset by gaining a point of Crit and 8 points of Determination. Plus, the 12 Accuracy on this allows me to take better choices in other slots, like Bard's Chapeau over Allagan Visor of Aiming. Now, I'm gaining another 6 points of Crit without sacrificing any accuracy (I'm actually still up 6 points of Accuracy). I haven't played around too much with the other slots, but HQ Gryphonskin still seems to be a BiS to me.
    Stats weight wise, Suppose DEX = 1, DET would be about ~0.22 which means 1 DEX is about 4-5 DET. 4 DEX is about 16-20 DET.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kaliga Moonshade
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Prinster View Post
    Stats weight wise, Suppose DEX = 1, DET would be about ~0.22 which means 1 DEX is about 4-5 DET. 4 DEX is about 16-20 DET.
    This right here is the reason why. You would need a far larger gain in Crit and dtr to offset the 4 dex of Vortex. This goes into factoring the projected reset of blood letter also where the 1 crit difference is not even noticeable to the possibility of reset frequency. You need roughly +10-15 for it to be favorable in projected equations, even then you're looking at better gains with static increase over projected increase in the long run unless you're counting upwards of a +30 crit gain in one slot, or over all, without loss of dex in any other slot or dropping under accuracy cap.
    (0)

4. 12-26-2013 10:11 AM
    Reason
    Erneuerung

Player
    Character
    Simon Fletcher
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachiko-Chan View Post
    my BiS
    elfin bow
    allagan visor of aiming
    bard's shirt
    bard's ringbands
    heroe's belt of aiming
    bard's tights
    allagan sollerets of aiming
    ultima choker of aiming
    inferno bangle of aiming
    Tremor Earrings of Aiming
    gryphonskin ring HQ (with 1x vitality IV, 2x Savage aim III,2x savage might III
    gryphonskin ring HQ (with 1x vitality IV, 2x Savage aim III,2x savage might III
    + acc buffood 27 (lava toad legs HQ)

487 dex
    468 acc
    573 crit
    295 det
    359 skillspeed
    405 vit
    Your accuracy is too low. Turn 5 accuracy cap is 482, which you don't want to drop under.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sachiko Chan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    i know it, we have a bard with 468 and its enough acc.. 98 or 99% is rly enough u can change the bard legs with allagan legs, but u lose 9 crit u will have 475 acc, with other buffood, (black truffle risotto)
    (0)
    Last edited by Sachiko-Chan; 12-26-2013 at 10:33 AM.

I'm gonna be just AWESOME!
    http://imgur.com/a/k8cnK#0
    Aion LvL 55 Ranger Server: Thor R.I.P
    Rift LvL 50 Warrior Server: Trübkopf R.I.P
    Star Wars The Old Republic LvL 50 Assassin Server: Jar'kai Sword R.I.P
    Tera LvL 60 Archer Server: Arachnea R.I.P
    Guild Wars 2 LvL 80 Ranger Server: Riverside R.I.P

Player
    Character
    Sulwen Immyr
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandoH View Post
    Allagan Bow
    Allagan Visor
    Bard's Shirt
    Bard's Gloves
    Hero's Belt
    Allagan Pants
    Allagan Boots
    Allagan Necklace
    Hero's Earrings
    Inferno Bangle
    Hero's Ring
    Vortex Ring

HQ Deviled Eggs

482 Acc 555 Crit 244 Det 412 Skill Speed

-----

Best set I've found so far while tweaking pieces at http://www.ariyala.com/ffxiv/gear.html , but requires two T5 drops, two T4 drops, and the EM Ifrit loot.
    With Lecreuset's suggestions this is the best set I've come up with as well. Perfect T5 accuracy cap and a great amount of crit. Definitely one of the harder sets to attain given the T5/Ifrit loot, but again, almost certainly the best set we can put together.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rui Ooshima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandoH View Post
    but requires two T5 drops, two T4 drops, and the EM Ifrit loot.
    Just a quick comparison, the quoted set gives:

224 DEX
    121 ACC
    185 CRIT
    42 DET
    87 S.Spd

Mine:

222 DEX
    123 ACC
    182CRIT
    67 DET
    50 S.Spd

I am sacrificing 2 points of DEX for 25 points of DET. I prioritize CRIT followed by DET, while largely ignore Skill Speed. I have 3 points of CRIT lower but 3 points doesn't matter, I have 2 points of ACC. Of course this set, like the original set, would need food that boosts accuracy since it is a little shy of the +131 acc required from gears.

If anyone is interested, mine is easier to obtain since I need less Allagan drops (3 less drops)

Allagan Bow
    Bard's Chapeau
    Bard's Shirt
    Bard's Ringbands
    Hero's Belt of Aiming
    Bard's Tights
    Allagan Sollerets of Aiming (T4)

Ultima's Choker of Aiming
    Tremor's Earrings of Aiming
    Inferno's Bangle of Aiming
    Hero's Ring of Aiming
    Allagan Ring of Aiming (T5)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Simon Fletcher
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    As I've been thinking about this today, I realized there's a problem with this setup. It's basically built around 482 accuracy, a number which is only relevant in Coil Turn 5. So, to use Turn 5 drops when achieving that number is faulty thinking, at best. The only point of having this setup is to farm Turn 5, but if a player already has everything a person needs out of Turn 5, the only point of this set is to help your FC mates achieve their BiS setups (which, in turn, will be redundant after a while).

We can probably safely assume that whatever Coil content comes out next will have different accuracy requirements, and so what makes much more sense for this thread is to suggest a BiS setup for clearing Turn 5. IF you're going to build a BiS setup for whatever comes next, 482 likely won't be enough.
    (1)
    Last edited by CatholicFan; 12-26-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rui Ooshima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicFan View Post
    We can probably safely assume that whatever Coil content comes out next will have different accuracy requirements, and so what makes much more sense for this thread is to suggest a BiS setup for clearing Turn 5. IF you're going to build a BiS setup for whatever comes next, 482 likely won't be enough.
    Currently, BC T5 is the most difficult battle even compared to EX primals and there is no movement in stat cap. Even if T6 and more comes in 2.2 and beyond, I believe the accuracy cap will not change too much. There will be probably i95/i100 gears dropping from T6 onwards so gears giving more accuracy should come. There are also accuracy food to use though, that would make food crafting slightly more relevant and it's "cheaper" to use food now since you don't lose the effect after dying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lunar Emerald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Parks View Post
    With Lecreuset's suggestions this is the best set I've come up with as well. Perfect T5 accuracy cap and a great amount of crit. Definitely one of the harder sets to attain given the T5/Ifrit loot, but again, almost certainly the best set we can put together.
    No reason to run Coil once you have all that. Heh
    (0)

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast