Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Yvaine Isaulde
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    The moment I've read Artemis Bow as BiS, I don't even need to read your whole post to actually give my comment on your post.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ketsu Wotaberu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Implying that the Allagan Bow is difficult to get... It's just a waiting game.

In the case of still waiting for Allagan Bow, Artemis is your best choice. If you've got your T5 Ring to drop, you can use the 2.0 BIS (http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/LNE8). A penta-melded Gryphonskin Ring can sub for the Allagan Ring if you're still pre-T5 or haven't got loot yet.

But as for a real BIS (BEST in slot) list for what Bards have available in the game, every single one should start with Allagan Composite Bow.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Empty Handed
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 60
    this loot thing is depressing me ;_; , Im an Elezen my current built is (ilvl89):

Artemis Bow Zenith
    Allagan Mask
    Myth Shirt
    Myth gloves
    myth legs
    Allagan boots
    myth necklace
    myth earing
    allagan bracelet
    myth ring
    ultima ring
    +
    stuffed cabbage

Dex 496, ACC 480, CH 517, Det 279, SS 394 (i dont have access to the game as i post this, i used the gear calculator for the figures)

outside of coil I swap in Elfin Bow. i need advise of what i can improve on from my built. it breaks my heart that my group struggles to break fast conflags in T5 ;_;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yvaine Isaulde
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I'm pretty sure that the problem is not in your gears. Unless you're not popping CDs during fast conflags.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ketsu Wotaberu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Your gear is sufficient. If you're failing conflags, it's a player issue. You or your party members is for you to find out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rui Ooshima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty-handed View Post
    this loot thing is depressing me ;_; , Im an Elezen my current built is (ilvl89):

Artemis Bow Zenith
    Allagan Mask
    Myth Shirt
    Myth gloves
    myth legs
    Allagan boots
    myth necklace
    myth earing
    allagan bracelet
    myth ring
    ultima ring
    +
    stuffed cabbage

Dex 496, ACC 480, CH 517, Det 279, SS 394 (i dont have access to the game as i post this, i used the gear calculator for the figures)

outside of coil I swap in Elfin Bow. i need advise of what i can improve on from my built. it breaks my heart that my group struggles to break fast conflags in T5 ;_;
    Tell us what you do for fast conflags?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Empty Handed
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 60
    2nd conflag: Raging strike+hawks eye.
    4th conflag: internal release+blood 4 blood.

barrage everytime its up during conflags. interms of rotation: straight shot always up. 1venom arrow. spam heavy shot (bloodletter/misery when any of them up also same for straight shot proc). blunt arrow/repelling in between when available.

;_; appreciate any advise you guys can give me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Omega Novaios
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    If your running double BRD with mage(s) in your party this is what I like to do for Conflags but I will also give my advice for songs throughout the entire fight.

BRD 1 Ballad Only
    BRD 2 Foe/Paeon

Phase 1:
    BRD 2 plays Foe + Voice at start of fight til out of MP
    BRD 1 plays Ballad after adds drop until first Conflag pops or mages cap MP
    BRD 2 plays 3-5 ticks of Paeon for MNK/tanks

Phase 2:
    Prepare for Conflags as soon as Red Dot pops. Every odd Conflag is slow and every even Conflag is fast (unless you get a bad timing). BRD has 5 CDs and they renew pretty fast. I have never had an issue not having the CDs I'm recommending below for every Conflag. Just be careful with Blood for Blood, but that won't be an issue if you stack 4 with your gear or stack 3 and get Stoneskin + Adlo. Save Second Wind during Phase 2 in case Blood for Blood is on, you get Red Dot, and your HP isn't capped.

Red Dot before Odd Conflag:
    -Red Dot > Flaming Arrow > Straight Shot > Windbite > Venomous Arrow > Blue Dot > any 1 CD > Conflag Pops > Windbite > Red Dot (You) > Venoumous Arrow > Run In OR Red Dot (Other) > Venoumous Arrow > Repelling Shot > attack spam

Red Dot before Even Conflag:
    -Red Dot > Foe > Straight Shot > Windbite > Venomous Arrow > Blue Dot > any 2 CD > Conflag Pops > Windbite > Venoumous Arrow > Repelling Shot > attack spam

(NOTE) - There will not be a Red Dot during even Conflags unless you get a bad timing when entering Phase 3, if so wait for Repelling Shot or fire it off GCD as soon as it pops and you will have enough time to run in if you press forward as soon as you land. There is also enough time to fire off 2 extra attacks on Conflag before running in if you get Red Dot. Foe (or any song really) is great to have on if you get a Blue Dot (or you get Gaoled during Titan) because the song still ticks while you are locked out, but you have to have a song up before that procs since you don't have time to cast.

Phase 2 END:
    BRD 1 Ballad until 6th Divebomb
    BRD 2 Paeon until 3rd Divebomb

Phase 3
    BRD 2 Foe + Voice until out of MP or until 250 MP
    if until 250 MP then
    BRD 2 Peaon until Phase 4

Phase 4
    BRD 1 don't play ballad if possible to push to Phase 5
    BRD 2 play Foe as much as possible with as few cast times as possible to push to Phase 5, Paeon if OT PLD needs TP to stun lock

Phase 5
    BRD 1 Ballad whenever needed
    BRD 2 Foe as much as possible

If only one BRD then.

Phase 1:
    Foe + Voice for 30s
    adds die > ballad until OOM or healers capped MP

Phase 2:
    Replace Foe for even Conflags with Flaming Arrow and omit Flaming Arrow from odd Conflag

Phase 2 END:
    Ballad until 3rd Divebomb

Phase 3:
    Foe + Voice for 30s

Phase 3 END:
    Paeon for 3 ticks

Phase 4:
    Ballad as little as possible and Foe as much as possible, Paeon for 3 ticks if OT needs it, can save MP for worst case scenarios

Phase 5:
    Same as Phase 4
    (0)
    Last edited by OmegaNovaios; 01-28-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rui Ooshima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    2nd conflag: Raging strike+hawks eye.
    4th conflag: internal release+blood 4 blood.

barrage everytime its up during conflags. interms of rotation: straight shot always up. 1venom arrow. spam heavy shot (bloodletter/misery when any of them up also same for straight shot proc). blunt arrow/repelling in between when available.

;_; appreciate any advise you guys can give me.
    Personally my team cast shadow flare and flaming arrow (I'm the bard) right before fast conflag indicator comes up. As a BRD check your DoTs on Twinny after fireball, if need be refresh them so that you have bloodletter proc chances throughout the conflag. Also if you happen to have Straight Shot proc before conflag is up, save it for conflag (which I notice usually I have it).

For offensive CDs I recommend Raging + IR and Hawk + BfB as another set. Raging is 20% already so pair it with IR for crit chance. Hawk is +15% so you can say +15% damage so pair it with BfB for another 10% to match up with Raging + IR set for balancing. Personally I never find barrage needed. Pre-cast your offensive CD paring before entering conflag.

And I keep my bloodletter, blunt arrow and repelling shot for the fast conflags. Not that I don't use them at all, but time your usage so that you have them ready for your 2nd conflag.

Once 2nd conflag comes up: Straight shot (proc), blood letter, heavy shot, blunt arrow, heavy shot, repelling shot => if your team's DPS is up there, you should have Misery's end ready now. If not, Heavy Shot followed by Misery's end should end the conflag.

If still fails, highly is your team's other DPS issue.

On a side note, sometimes I feel so sleepy (because my team do it on reset night which is 11PM on our local time), there are times I forgot to pop CDs so there are times I only pop Raging strikes/Hawk's eye and it was during conflag itself (so I am wasting one OGCD chance to pop an OGCD damaging skill like blunt/repelling/bloodletter) but we had no issues with fast conflag despite so.

So if you already have flaming arrow pre-cast, 2 offensive pre-cast, and once enter conflag you throw straight shot => blood (OGCD) => heavy => blunt (OGCD) => heavy => repelling (OGCD) => misery/heavy+misery (assuming base 2.5 sec recast time for weaponskills, this set will cost you 7.5-10s. Fast conflag is about 10s for 4 persons stacking) and conflag still fails, I can say may be other DPS being slow.

EDIT: For 4th conflag, I do the same. Blunt Arrow and Repelling Shot should be ready by then.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ooshima; 01-28-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Player

Does anyone know the Accu Cap for T2 and T4 please?
    (0)

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast