Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

I am tired of being dumb.

Now I understand things need to be done for the sake of plot. I don't like that my character has to be brain dead to do what he does. That he sits there and let's people walk on him and I can't do anything about it. it has happened a lot in the start of 2.0 and a majority of the new main scenario and side-quests in 2.1 are all doing it.

The Legacy of Allagan: the quest-giver is clearly Nero. Why is my character not able to tell and just tell someone or allow me to stop him myself. It's like the Green Lantern movie, a small mask is not enough to hide who you are. His facial structure is too unique.

Scion of losers: I like how they took all the credit for MY work. Not once in they join in a fight with me. The only person to fight with me was Cid, and he is an engineer. Yda and Y'shtola help with one part, but come on are you serious? They fought toe-to-toe blocking Gaius' bullets and they can't one shot normal soldiers in the fight with Biggs?

They take credit for saving Eorzea, no! They didn't! My character did! Why does he sit there and smile and let them do that. Why does he sit there smiling at Minfilia telling me a story I know about cause my character was there reminding me as if he forgot? Hydelan blocked everyone's but mine so it could be understandable that she might have forgotten but oh wait. She said she remembered who I was and everything I did. My character should be able to be "I don't need a reminder".

I would like answers I pick to affect the outcome. When Gauis asked us questions I was disappointed to see they didn't change anything. Why should my character like the Scions or any GC when I just told someone with several people around I don't trust them?

I am not asking to be a jerk character, or evil. I just my character to not seem retarded or let people walk all over him...
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Ronberku Vantarius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 63
    Are you sure that you're reading and following the storyline properly?

1) About Nero

Your character has NEVER seen his face. We(the player) has but not our character. They only saw him wearing his armor the entire time.

2) Our characters are all too often proclaimed by npc's to be the hero that stopped the Garlean empire. A bit too often to my own taste even. But it's simply that the general people know that our character are working together with the Scions for the waking sands.
    (14)
    My gallery of regulart art and random drawings: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/10502152/1/New%20sketchbook?h=7762c3

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vydos View Post

1) About Nero

Your character has NEVER seen his face. We(the player) has but not our character. They only saw him wearing his armor the entire time.

2) Our characters are all too often proclaimed by npc's to be the hero that stopped the Garlean empire. A bit too often to my own taste even. But it's simply that the general people know that our character are working together with the Scions for the waking sands.
    You see his face when you fight him in Praetorium though.

the only person I ever see not taking credit for what we do, is Cid. Whenever someone praises him he quickly corrects them to us. Which why I like him. Wish the other npcs would do the same, but no they act like they did something when they truly didn't.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ronberku Vantarius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinrya-Geki View Post
    Are you 100% certain? I honestly can't remember my character seeing his face during that instance. I can be wrong though.
    (2)
    My gallery of regulart art and random drawings: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/10502152/1/New%20sketchbook?h=7762c3

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    This is so important.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Pretty sure he starts the fight without the helmet. I'll check the cutscene when I get a chance. Pretty sure you see his face at one point.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kouji Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    I hate it when NPCs show up in fights when the fight is almost over then act like they saved you and pretend they have been there the whole time. (i hate you thancred). And i would like more times our character takes the initiative and do something. Its like ff1 early years and 1.0 Gauis cutscene we sit there while all the NPCs do all the cool stuff, i though we were the main characters. for once id like to see us run in a cut scene clashing with the bad guy like punching/ slashing/ redirect bullets away like nothing. Just unsheathing our weapons isnt cool.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lumei Asuran
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Thancred's dialouge actually pokes fun at his own ineptitude. He seems to know, and most likely does it on purpose at the start, and later its a plot device for lolhabreus' reveal later.

@KoujiGeki

Your SIG picture makes me lol, especially after the announcement of the land pricing. :>
    (3)

Character
    Acaelus Thorne
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vydos View Post
    The only proper way to deal with this storyline is to get drunk, go fetal, and cry till your mind forgets ever taking in absolute trash.
    (2)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinrya-Geki View Post
    I'm pretty sure he has his helm on the entire time. And even if he doesn't for a moment, are you really in a position to commit his face to memory to instantly recall/recognize him with different clothes and a mask on later?

Saying you recognize his voice would be a better lead...but at the same time, his voice is most likely distorted slightly by his transmitter and helm. My guess is the best your character can get out of him in Toll is a strange feeling you've met him before...which may be why you would "trust" him/do as he says. After all, you're in the middle of a hive of adventurers, and since this guy seems familiar, he's probably someone you helped before and he's now helping you...

(yes, I know WE know he's Nero...our characters almost certainly do not know that. If Cid was in RT when you talked to him...I'd bet he'd recognize him in a heartbeat.)

EDIT: this is often an issue in RPGs...player knowledge vs character knowledge. Players often know a lot more about the world/story than their characters, which often will result in moments where our characters act "dumb". You have to put yourself in the place of your character in this case and separate what you as the player knows from what your character knows.
    Yeah, you know that Red Dragons breathe fire...but is that really common knowledge to your character, who lives in a place where the only dragons around are Blue (lightning-breath)?
    (9)
    Last edited by PArcher; 12-21-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast