Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Evander Stoneguard
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I pulled hate pretty quickly while using Sword Oath as on OT during Irit HM. Personally I was shocked that I dit it so easily with just 1 roatation.

The WAR was better geared than me and was a good tank. I had to check if I applied Shield Oath by accident.
    (0)
    Last edited by EvanderStoneguard; 12-26-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Githiun Smallsword
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Since I've posted I really haven't noticed any issues. I have noticed I have not completed against BLM's for agro anymore on WP speed runs. When i'm on my WHM and I do a Holy-a-thon I don't pull agro as often anymore.

I do strongly dislike tanks to compete on agro with the MT on purpose. I've been MTing a boss before and the damn OT provokes and pulls agro back middle of the fight, like wtf dude?
    (0)

Character
    Kraiden Draxenian
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    ^^
    What's worse is when it's a Warrior off tank spamming the BB combo. Warrior's have two debuffs that they should always focus on while off tanking. I was in a prae run the other day (as a Warrior) and the other tank (also a Warrior) was far below my gear level (I had about 1.5 K extra HP). Normally, when the disparity is that great, It's normally safe to assume I'll be main tanking. I admit now that I probably should have asked. This guy would run in and pull the boss as soon as he entered the room, once locking out one of the healers who was on PS3 and slower to load. Then, when I'd run in, one BB combo was enough to steal hate away from him. I didn't even have to try. But, even though I had hate at that point, he just kept on spamming the BB combo. After that boss, I just turned off defiance and let him tank the rest of the way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luci Snow
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Back on topic with the OP.. I have noticed some very strange things with shield oath as well.. On twintania for example, I am the off tank. Sometimes I would pull threat fairly easily from my groups main tank even when he had been generating threat w/ shield oath on twin for atleast 30 seconds before I started attacking it. Shield oath losing its effect between each instance seems like it may be the issue.

Something similar appears to be happening with food buffs. When you use food in an instance, then leave that instance... The food buff icon is still there but the actual buffs are gone (until you go into another instance).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Githiun Smallsword
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I have gotten in the habbit of just re-applying periodically even between boss battles in say like Coil or CT just clicking off then back on just to be sure.
    (0)

Greetings,

We've confirmed a bug wherein the enmity bonus granted from Shield Oath will remain when changing to Sword Oath. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be fixing this in patch 2.15.
    (39)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Aleksandr Deicide
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Aha! That explains EVERYTHING!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Warren Slassi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

We've confirmed a bug wherein the enmity bonus granted from Shield Oath will remain when changing to Sword Oath. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be fixing this in patch 2.15.
    Now you just need to boost the lower level enmity for both gld and mrd, which is pretty bad, and everything will be better for enmity
    i havent had anyone pull hate yet.......but its always been extremely close, especiall on gld
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lady Jasmine
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    paladin/gladiator needs just one small adjustment increase the flash by a few yalms radius and increase the emnity gained from flash just a little and there would be a lot more paladin tanks and a lot more safer party members at lower levels lol
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Krazy Kat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    yea mrd/war is set now with the enmity bonus added to overpower... srsly 2 overpowers and can hold hate in low lv forever

hate lowlv dungeons on gla/pld flash is lol still tho
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast