Player
    Character
    Saipphire Constella
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

"A Heretic among Us"- Help?

How am I supposed to beat this over powered dingbat AND keep the useless NPC alive? Any suggestions? I've leveled up to the max without having to sync for the quest (Lvl 44) I've tried every stupid strategy I know of and yet I can't last a friggin' minute against the dragon. I used to like dragons....now i wish them all shot. I would greatly appreciate all advice! I'm about ready to permanently delete the game just to save myself more frustration.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xander Olivieri
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    When it started off, I (as summoner) would have my pet go after the main enemy and I would assist the Archer who attacks the Peitise that were summoned. When we got through that wave, I healed the entire group with Physick until they were all full. When he transformed, he would automatically target me. From that point Titan should be trying to get his attention, but it doesn't matter. I ran around, hitting him with Bio I and Ruin II since they were instants. I'd heal myself and stay as close to the Cleric as I could since he would still heal.

The Wyvern cause a bit of trouble, but quickly focusing on just the Lord for healing is easier than keeping his Cleric alive (though for me the Cleric didn't die either so it was easier.)

Took me about three tries before I got my pattern down to the way I needed it. I beat it at 40.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Saipphire Constella
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Thank you! I'll give it a try!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luna'li Sky
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    As a DRG I managed to do it fine, but it took me 3 tries as a BLM because I had to tank, heal, and get all my spells off without interruption. The dragon would just chase me around and I couldn't shake him. When I finally beat it it was pretty close. @_@ Just have to keep trying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wrosthe Braewin
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 40
    Having just finished this quest after multiple attempts, the most critical thing is to keep the Archer alive at all costs.

#1. Keep Archer alive
    #2. Take out the peiste's asap
    #3. Reheal entire group (including the healer)

By the time the group is healed again, he should summon the wyvern, and another peiste, but he should also be getting pretty low on hp. Once he is down to about 1/4, stop worrying about healing, aside from the archer. Attack him, but not the adds, taking him out leaves you free to work with the npcs to kill the adds. The healer may die during the last 1/4, but you should be in good standings by then.
    (1)

Player

I struggled a lot with this fight and had to look up some strategies and those are the things which worked for me:
    1- keeping the archer alive
    2- Taking out the ads
    3- When he finally transforms I just kited him. I let npc kill him lol. I just ran around, threw in some dps, healed npc. They finished him really fast.
    4- At this point only ads were left and the only npc I lost was the healer, burned them down and won
    I'm a whm btw.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarath'el M'rahne
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 41

How does a dragoon beat this quest?

How does a dragoon beat this? I have tried numerous times, researched about it, tried different tactics and still cannot keep the NPC's from dying. With no aggro skills, what is the secret??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karis Angara
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by tarathel View Post
    How does a dragoon beat this? I have tried numerous times, researched about it, tried different tactics and still cannot keep the NPC's from dying. With no aggro skills, what is the secret??
    I had to try a few different tactics for this as well on my DRG. Basically learn what spawns when and try to make sure things die just as they reach their target, then keep bashing the "boss". You need to make sure the NPCs take as little damage from peistes as possible but you also need to keep really high damage on the dragon because letting this fight last too long is what gets the NPCs killed. I'm pretty sure I went and leveled a few times and then came back and had a much easier time though - perhaps you should, too.
    (0)
    Last edited by seekified; 04-20-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nesshin'na Kasai
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Get up to 42 and get doom spike. You don't need aggro skills - the npc's do little enough damage that you can keep the mob attention that way. Doom Spike is a line aoe and will help you pick up the small groups that arrive. And yes, it is all about knowing where the adds come from and anticipating them.
    (0)