Character
    Lodan Arion
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Paldin macros

Hi All,

I'm a fresh 50 and now I've got my new abilities I'm running out of space on my cross bar and don't like flicking between them too much. I started to look at macros but tbh I don't really understand and them and wouldn't know how to set them up.

My question is are the below macros do-able and how would i input the command to make it work if they are:

Fast blade - Fight or flight
    savage blade - rampart
    provoke - shield lob

I like to have my fight or flight and rampart up as much as possible so thought macroing them to my main emnity rotation would save me have to switch bars to put them on.

Also after prove I always shield lob to brink the mob back to me so would be good if it did on auto.

Thanks all
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lodan Arion
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I spelt paladin wrong....not a good start.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Choptimas Prime
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    /ac "fast blade" <t>
    /wait 1
    /ac "fight or flight" <me>

/ac "savage blade" <t>
    /wait 1
    /ac "rampart" <me>

/ac "provoke" <t>
    /wait 1
    /ac "shield lob" <t>

try those out, pretty sure they will work.. if someone could double check the <t> I think that's how it's supposed to be too attack selected target
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taal Kheru
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    that second macro is quite bad, you should just use rampart because it's up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lodan Arion
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I've been tending to use rampart when ever it's up to give healer a break and saving either my sentinel or hallowed ground for when I'm in real trouble. Maybe wouldn't be a bad idea to save it for when needed.

Thanks for the macro tips, actually looks a lot more simple than any I found through googling macros. I'll give them a try when I log on.

thx
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Supply Demand
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 72
    None of these comments are intended to offend.

1) FoF+Fast Blade = great idea. Most fight you will get to start with FoF, which is fantastic. The best way to set that macro up is:

/micon "Fast Blade"
    /ac "Fight or Flight" <me>
    /ac "Fast Blade" <t>

This will always try to use FoF first, if its up, it will use it, if its down, it will fast blade, just make sure you spam fast blade as you run into a boss or targets so you aren't stuck in an animation cool down when your BLM's first fire hits : D. I actually add /ac "Bloodbath" <me> as my second line of that macro so I am using blood bath when my damage is at its highest.

2) Noooo!!! Put rampart as a separate ability on your bar so you can use it when you would like. I understand it hasn't been a big deal yet (as you are a fresh 50), but you will need to learn to rotate your Cool Downs as you gear up and do more challenging content. On trash pulls, just use it in between enmity generation and learn to weave it in. You DO NOT want to get caught in a situation where you REALLY wish you had Rampart, and its down. I recommend Rampart, Sentinel, and Hallowed Ground all have their own slots on your bar, I macro all my other CDs (Conval, Foresight, Bulwark, Awareness, etc) into another macro and just burn them all when I am in trouble and have nothing else good up.

3) I would caution against this as well, there will be times later on when you will want to use Provoke without being locked into using shield lob immediately after. Automating all of this stuff I think is over-simplifying a class that can be fantastically proactive when played intelligently - I feel like you may be handcuffing yourself from learning some subtleties that can make you a great tank!
    (0)
    Last edited by Ehayte; 12-19-2013 at 12:12 AM. Reason: 1000 char

Player
    Character
    Choptimas Prime
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    /micon "Fast Blade"
    /ac "Fast Blade" <t>

is also good, basically the same as what I suggested.. my only thought on the way I put mine the way it is, is to make sure fast blade hits first without having to spam it, and then FoF lands in the GCD in between your next move.. although FoF won't be on the first fast blade, it's relatively weak attack anyway, so not missing out on much as far as that's concerned.. either way, they'll both work, just use what works best for you
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soul Burn
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I don't get why you would ever need macros as a PLD.

You should know when you want FoF up. Whats the point in putting it in a macro so everytime you use fast blade it might trigger? You will end up triggering it when a mob is about to die and then it will go to waste.

You want to use FoF in these situations mostly:
    Extra DPS when starting a single target fight to put more threat on your shield lob.
    Extra DPS during a boss fight to burn it faster.
    Extra DPS on a pack of adds to burn them faster.

You don't want to macro in your Defensive cooldowns to just trigger on their own either. You should know when you want to use them.
    (2)
    Last edited by Soulburn32; 12-19-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Gorgeous George
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    There is a good set of paladin macros in the Paladin tanking thread in this forum.

I use FoF + FB. I put Mercy Stroke in almost all of my attack macros as well. The order you put them is the priority. You use abilities that are off the GCD in between 1-2-3 combo or other moves on the GCD.

I also combine Bloodbath and Savage blade and Spirits Within and Riot Blade. I put /recast to see the CD that's left. I have a second chat window that I move the /recast messages to so they don't clutter up my log.

/micon "Fast Blade"
    /ac "Fast Blade" <t>
    /ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
    /recast "Fight or Flight"

/micon "Savage Blade"
    /ac "Savage Blade" <t>
    /ac "Bloodbath" <me>
    /ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
    /recast "Bloodbath"

/micon "Rage of Halone"
    /ac "Rage of Halone" <t>
    /ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
    /recast "Mercy Stroke"

/micon "Riot Blade"
    /ac "Riot Blade" <t>
    /ac "Spirits Within" <t>
    /recast "Spirits Within"

For the pull I put Rampart in with shield lob. I don't mark with macros I like to have more control over them.

/micon "Shield Lob"
    /ac "Shield Lob" <t>
    /ac "Rampart" <me>

Otherwise Rampart has it's own macro that I combine with foresight:

/micon "Rampart"
    /ac "Rampart" <me>
    /ac "Foresight" <me>
    /recast "Foresight"

I use Provoke + Shield lob above but put cover in it. Order is up to you but I cover first. This macro will cover the target's target then provoke it then throw the shield at it. Just gotta be careful about the GCDs it can get wonky if you spam.

/micon "Provoke"
    /ac "Cover" <tt>
    /ac "Provoke" <t>
    /ac "Shield Lob" <t>
    /recast "Cover"

I like to combine Flash with Circle of Scorn, this is great on pulls:

/micon "Flash"
    /ac "Flash" <me>
    /ac "Circle of Scorn" <me>
    /recast "Circle of Scorn"

The only other macro I use besides <se.#> calls is announcing hallowed ground, something like this:

/micon "Hallowed Ground"
    /p <se.10> { tank } { Casting Spell } { Hallowed Ground } >>> 10 sec Immunity >>> HP: <hp> (<hpp>)
    /ac "Hallowed Ground" <me>

I pull with Shield Lob macro then Flash macro then rotation macro with a Spirits Within or some other off-GCD ability thrown in at the end of Rage Combo. Moves in () are off the GCD:

Shield Lob -> (Rampart) -> Flash -> (Circle of Scorn) -> Fast Blade -> (Fight or Flight) -> Savage Blade -> (Bloodbath) -> Rage of Halone -> (Spirit's Within/Convalescence/Bulwark/Sentinel/Foresight/etc.) -> Flash -> 1-2-3 -> etc.

Press the Flash macro (or any other macro) between GCD to use the off-GCD ability during 1-2-3 combo. You can press the button between GCD to see how much time is left. --:-- means it is ready to go.

Sentinel, Bulwark, Convalescence, the Rampart/Foresight Macro and any of the other "oh sh*t" CDs are on their own, but if the CD is 90 sec or less I tend to macro it to something else. If you are careful with button spam you can still use all the abilities without blowing the off-GCD ability in the macro, e.g. saving Fight or Flight for a burn phase.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nonlinear314; 12-19-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    If you want to auto-use a cd, i'd say put foresight there. Its pretty weak so it may as well be used when ever.

I highly suggest putting mercy stroke on your fast blade macro though. There is no situation timing of this skill. You wanna keep it on cool down and no need to waste a hotbar slot (especially if you use controller).

At first I had rampart on the macro as well, but it is a good idea to start using it on its own (even if for now you just keep it on cool down). Your only chance to be better than most tanks is to be better at cool down cycling. Practice now to excel later.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast