Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Cligue View Post
    Being locked out of one of the best ways to lvl in game because I want to do it with someone I enjoy is not being penalized?

tr.v. pe·nal·ized, pe·nal·iz·ing, pe·nal·iz·es
    1. To subject to a penalty, especially for infringement of a law or official regulation. See Synonyms at punish.
    2. To impose a handicap on; place at a disadvantage.

Read number 2, my exp gains are slower, my Gil gains are less, my myth gains are less, my philo gains are less when I want to duo queue. Is that not a disadvantage? Is that not a handicapped reward ? Aldo since when did you know the devs intentions, I believe the system is in place to let us run through content we never use anymore and make dungeons a better way to lvl.
    Nope, it's not. Because you're not prevented from doing it. It's called an opportunity cost. You choose to do one over the other, as such losing the benefits of the one you chose not to do. The thing is you're saying that you and your friends can't do dungeons fast enough to beat that bonus, most groups of friends can.

So, Penalization? No. Opportunity Cost? Yes.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Resheph Rahovari
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 70
    It would be nice to do dailies with my fiance. She doesn't have much time to play and it's hard to set up a limited time frame to do something and feel like you've gotten anywhere. If we could get the daily bonus reward together, then she might actually be encouraged to play with me a bit more.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    It would be nice to do dailies with my fiance. She doesn't have much time to play and it's hard to set up a limited time frame to do something and feel like you've gotten anywhere. If we could get the daily bonus reward together, then she might actually be encouraged to play with me a bit more.
    I'm not saying it will happen, but it's possible they may reduce the bonus for each person you add before queuing, who knows.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tilpax Morpax
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    It's all very well letting people do roulette with their partners and friends but why not just use normal DF? The whole point of roulette (At least my interpretation) is to stop the common MMO situation where lower content becomes obselete because there is no incentive to do it. Allow people to do it in parties then it may as well not exist.
    (3)

Character
    Ilitsa Samariya
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    While I agree with both sides of this argument to an extent (wanting to do roulette with my significant other moreso, but I'm leaving bias out of this post, as best as possible), I do want to say to the people arguing Roulette is "for the lower level people to get help" and the like arguments there, 99% of the roulettes I go into are with full 45+ players, even low level roulette, we're all four in our jobs, with at least some of the artifact gear, if not all+some philo/myth gear. I don't think we're really helping all that much as it stands now aside from the extremely rare circumstance.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Cligue Okina
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Nope, it's not. Because you're not prevented from doing it. It's called an opportunity cost. You choose to do one over the other, as such losing the benefits of the one you chose not to do. The thing is you're saying that you and your friends can't do dungeons fast enough to beat that bonus, most groups of friends can.

So, Penalization? No. Opportunity Cost? Yes.
    Ok i give up trying to explain how when i am in a party the duty roulette option is not clickable (aka locked out, or some might say... Prevented from using this feature when in a party O.O). But, you are telling me you would rather take a bunch of friends and run 1 lvl 20 dungeon 3 times? I don't know about you but that is what i call boring.
    (3)
    Last edited by Cligue; 01-12-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    I'm in favor of this idea, as my fiancee and I play together, and she generally doesn't want to run dungeons with randoms, even with the added XP bonuses (mostly due to time, personal choice, and because we've both seen the usual noob/speed-runner/troll/griefer antics).

As for a party DR, I say why not? It would it strengthen the tactics of groups that play together (by essentially dropping them into whatever given instance and having them work together just like randoms would have to.) Basically walking into an uncertain battlefield with a team you can trust.
    The only point of DR is to get more 'high levels' into low/mid instances to help newer players who can wait ages in DF. Putting pre-mades into DR is giving them extra rewards for not being sociable beyond their own little clique.

You also hugely exaggerate when you talk about 'walking into an uncertain battlefield' LOL,, no different from doing it via pre-made DFs but you're not helping anyone else so you don't deserve the rewards.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sunah Yhisa
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Love how people keep crying about the fact that only FULL groups will queue together if they allowed this change. Maybe someone just wants to play with one other.. so that means there are 2 people that can still be "helped" while having fun with a friend.

Yeah yeah there WILL be groups of 3 or 4, but the majority of people will not. I for one usually play solo and i'm sure many others out there do as well. Not saying we dont have friends (which might be the case for some) but its just that they are not always on.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maku Haikasu
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Well I think it would simply be silly to even allow two people to party up but if they allow a full part to que and still get the same bonus they just made roulette all about getting rewards faster and not about helping low level people. I don't think they should allow it but if they do I will be queing up with full part of FC members and racing through content for the bonuses.
    (0)
    可愛い悪魔

Player
    Character
    Rude Rudy
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    LOL at those who were pretending to know the intentions of the devs. so funny.

You guys might want put some more thought in to DR. maybe it doesn't exist only to decrease DPS queue times. Also, you you assume duo Q DR will be less effective at reducing DPS times. I can tell you as a tank, i would DR much more often if I could play with friends. We dont' yet know how it'll effect Q times, stop pretending like you do.
    (5)

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast