Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    With a full organized premade group you have the luxury of doing 10 min speed runs. Something that doesn't exist with df pug which will take 30-40 min to finish on average. I thought the whole point of DR was to give an extra reward for someone who queues solo because due to the randomness of the group it takes 3-4x as longer then with a premade.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Renya Khan
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahlimits View Post
    If a full pre-made goes into duty roulette doesn't that defeat the purpose that duty roulette is there for? Which won't happen if everyone goes in with full parties and still reap the reward off doing so. Two people pre-mades I can understand, but full party? Defeats the whole purpose.
    How can it kill DR's purpose, if that WASN'T its purpose in the first place?
    I mean, DEVs just told you it wasn't!
    All this "Its purpose is to make solo people players play with other solo players" kind of argument, was just a fantasy of yours and never the original intent.

Anyway, putting every personal opinion aside, you can't say they are Killing the purpose of their invention WHILE they are telling you it wasn't.
    That's absurd!
    At least say you don't like it that way, but don't talk about breaking nonexistant original concepts.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahlimits View Post
    If a full pre-made goes into duty roulette doesn't that defeat the purpose that duty roulette is there for?
    Nope - End up in parties with people decked out in Coil/Myth gear and I'm fairly sure they don't need copperbell or satasha.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Akira Ono
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    Nope - End up in parties with people decked out in Coil/Myth gear and I'm fairly sure they don't need copperbell or satasha.
    I ment for the daily myth bonus. Let's 4 man party for the 90 myth and not actually help the people who need help with higher level and lower level stuff! If even one person ISN'T deck out in coil/myth it's probably for them. Y'know, that singular DPS who has to wait 2 hours for a party? If he lucks out with 3 myth/coil geared people in order to get him past that dungeon, lucky him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmarerobu View Post
    He said "for" not "Four"... -_-;;
    Read what Ispano said.

Quote Originally Posted by Taekrys View Post
    How can it kill DR's purpose, if that WASN'T its purpose in the first place?
    The point of roulette wasn't to help those poor DPS who have 2 hour que times for dungeons get it at a faster rate? And for those trying to complete storyline or hard mode dungeons get parties as well? If the only point of the roulette is to give extra tomes and not help what's wrong with dungeons in the first place (terrible wait times for DPS, not enough tanks and healers), the game really is ezmode.

I never said it was made to make solo players play with other solo players. What it was ment for (and the reason for the bonuses) was to help wait times for people who DO need help queing for dungeons. You ever try queing for a low level dungeon by yourself pre 2.1? You'd be waiting 3+ hours since NOBODY did those dungeons anymore. They didn't originally make roulette to just go "DUH, HERE'S FREE TOMES FOR DOING WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO DO ANYWAYS WITH A FULL PARTY". The reward was for helping those that really need it.

As long as it doesn't allow you to que with a full party (leaving a space for a dps as a requirement or something), this isn't that bad. The problem was how vague the mod was with how many people it will allow you to que with.
    (3)
    Last edited by Noahlimits; 01-11-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rude Rudy
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Told yall so. LOL at those who were pretending to know the intentions of the devs. so funny.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Marledia Nadine
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Psst. You've got something on your face... it looks like a hatchet. Here, let me get that for you. /licks thumb
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tilpax Morpax
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Since the roulette it has been much easier to get groups. Allowing people to join as a party will take us back to the situation where DPS and to less extend healers are going to be waiting extremely long periods of time to get anything. This can be extremely problematic for anyone trying to do content which is required as part of the story.

I'm going to level a warrior eventually (PLD so boring) but I don't think this should be a requirement to getting instances within a reasonable amount of time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cligue Okina
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaloran View Post
    You are not being penalized. Nothing is being taken away from you. You are not being inflicted with retributive penalties or punishment. Your choices are prohibiting you from taking advantage of certain benefits. The simple fact that you have friends with whom you enjoy playing with allows you to complete content to which someone just trying to get through story line dungeons without the aid of a large group of players has trouble even gaining access. Thus, Duty Roulette. Incentives are just that; they are bonus rewards put in place to promote helping others.
    Being locked out of one of the best ways to lvl in game because I want to do it with someone I enjoy is not being penalized?

tr.v. pe·nal·ized, pe·nal·iz·ing, pe·nal·iz·es
    1. To subject to a penalty, especially for infringement of a law or official regulation. See Synonyms at punish.
    2. To impose a handicap on; place at a disadvantage.

Read number 2, my exp gains are slower, my Gil gains are less, my myth gains are less, my philo gains are less when I want to duo queue. Is that not a disadvantage? Is that not a handicapped reward ? Aldo since when did you know the devs intentions, I believe the system is in place to let us run through content we never use anymore and make dungeons a better way to lvl.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Valentyne Laska
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    As a developer in training, I actually like these kinds of suggestions. Things that are obvious to some may not be obvious to others. So to the OP and anyone who makes a friendly suggestion, I say thank you.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Colman Meridius
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 56
    So a vague "we're working on it" means you are getting what you want. Will a pre-made party get the same rewards? Who knows?

Some complain about the lack of rewards, some the lack of the roulette factor. Different arguments. You can have roulette for parties without the same rewards and people will still complain.
    (1)

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast