Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Greetings,

The development team actually had the idea to allow players to queue up for the Duty Roulette as a party since the planning stages of this feature, and they are currently working on this. We’ll be sure to keep you updated on the implementation timing as development progresses.
    (76)
    Last edited by Camate; 01-11-2014 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Enhanced clarity
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Calais Langrisser
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

The development team actually had the idea to allow for players to queue up for the Duty Roulette as a party since the planning stages of this feature, and they are currently working on this. We’ll be sure to keep you updated on the implementation timing as development progresses.
    If a full pre-made goes into duty roulette doesn't that defeat the purpose that duty roulette is there for? Which won't happen if everyone goes in with full parties and still reap the reward off doing so. Two people pre-mades I can understand, but full party? Defeats the whole purpose.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Liona Leoncoeur
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahlimits View Post
    If a full pre-made goes into duty roulette doesn't that defeat the purpose that duty roulette is there for? Which won't happen if everyone goes in with full parties and still reap the reward off doing so. Two people pre-mades I can understand, but full party? Defeats the whole purpose.
    from what i can tell it probably not be same as Roullete and probably have something else rewards
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Liaysa Drakdnestr
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahlimits View Post
    He said "for" not "Four"... -_-;;
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    I'm in favor of this idea, as my fiancee and I play together, and she generally doesn't want to run dungeons with randoms, even with the added XP bonuses (mostly due to time, personal choice, and because we've both seen the usual noob/speed-runner/troll/griefer antics).

As for a party DR, I say why not? It would it strengthen the tactics of groups that play together (by essentially dropping them into whatever given instance and having them work together just like randoms would have to.) Basically walking into an uncertain battlefield with a team you can trust.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Drako Lombardi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    DDs would appreciate me(WAR) and my gf(WHM) joining DR together. Altho I'm sure they appreciate it either way. We try to queue DR at the same time. But unfortunately I always instant join a group and she waits for 5 mins usually, or more. She use to get in instantly for stuff as well but not so much anymore. There are times I can join her, there have been several instances where she joined a DR, and due to some failure on the DDs part the tank leaves, so I just join in progress, and usually get in to play with her. Sense the devs had this idea already in mind and are working on it, I really really hope it makes it into the end of the month update. I miss doing these dungeons with the lady, now that we get more for doing roulette, we kinda have to sacrifice that, so we can get the grindy part done a little easier.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Averrasu D'onvian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cligue View Post
    yes yes you are forced to solo queue if you want to use this feature
    What I don't like is being penalized for wanting to do content with friends I enjoy playing with
    You are not being penalized. Nothing is being taken away from you. You are not being inflicted with retributive penalties or punishment. Your choices are prohibiting you from taking advantage of certain benefits. The simple fact that you have friends with whom you enjoy playing with allows you to complete content to which someone just trying to get through story line dungeons without the aid of a large group of players has trouble even gaining access. Thus, Duty Roulette. Incentives are just that; they are bonus rewards put in place to promote the helping of others. There are several analogies that could be made, but I'll leave them alone for the sake of courtesy.
    (3)
    Last edited by Kaloran; 01-11-2014 at 05:54 AM. Reason: grammar

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmarerobu View Post
    He said "for" not "Four"... -_-;;
    I think Noah's point was that he didn't specify partials or not. ie only 1-3 players for a 4 man? Or 1-7 for an 8 man? It just wasn't specified.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Senah Kha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Well personally even if we are able to do full four man or 8 man parties, it's like someone above said, I think it would be fun to be thrown into a random dungeon and see how we are able to do.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    My personal opinion is that the more you have in your party, the less reward you should get. Mainly because you're reducing the chance of failure by getting people you know to go with. Plus reducing the potential amount of "younger" players you help at any given time as well.
    (8)

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast