Player
    Character
    Zellata Thorn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    You know, it's a bit bizarre so many of you are attacking the OP. If they want to only play with their significant other that should be a supported method of dungeoning. Obviously they can use duty finder normally, but doesn't that basically undermine the entire point of the duty roulette? If people who don't enjoy solo queue just decide to not participate then the system seems a bit pointless.
    The entire point of duty roulette is to go in solo and help a random pug group. As you've mentioned normal DF is the "supported method" of playing with friends/family.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maku Haikasu
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Another important Life Lesson to learn that you can learn from a game: You don't always get what you want in life, get over it and move on.

The roulette didn't even exist till a few days ago. It isn't like the roulette took something away from you. You have nothing to complain about.
    (4)
    可愛い悪魔

Player
    Character
    Nailik Kittykins
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I just cringe at how people can't do anything without their couple, I always hated when I raided in WoW and we would always lose out on healers because their huntard girlfriends couldn't fit into the party. My partner and I enjoy playing FF together and raiding together and running dungeons together, but hey, if we have too many dps log on, and someone else needs it more, I won't say NOOO I can't raid without him! And it's not required we spend 100% of our time doing the same things. Couples that can't even handle when one has to run to the store make me sick, that isn't healthy.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Cyan Dvai
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Githiun View Post
    Yeah I wasn't refering to you Cyan more like backing you up.
    Oh, sorry, sounded like it was a reference to me.

But on topic, like Shadowrunner said, the purpose of the Roulette is to give incentive to higher lvl players to replay dungeons, especially low level and story dungeons.. If you want to run a dungeon with a friend, then just queue up normal. If you want to help out other people, then use the Roulette.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Norondor View Post
    Fair! and since i was flippant before i'll give a proper response so i won't be misunderstood about my feelings on the matter (and i hope those of a few others).

Making it impossible to access the best possible way to reach cap while playing with friends or loved ones is actually horrible!
    Roulette is a daily big dawg
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailkita View Post
    I just cringe at how people can't do anything without their couple, I always hated when I raided in WoW and we would always lose out on healers because their huntard girlfriends couldn't fit into the party. My partner and I enjoy playing FF together and raiding together and running dungeons together, but hey, if we have too many dps log on, and someone else needs it more, I won't say NOOO I can't raid without him! And it's not required we spend 100% of our time doing the same things. Couples that can't even handle when one has to run to the store make me sick, that isn't healthy.
    Agreed 1000%
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepysheepy View Post
    i hope they don't

the duty roulette is to help other people through dungeons that had impossible ques

if you que'd a 4 man dungeon with a group you are just taking up playerslots that could've been took by newbies, thus defeating the purpose of the whole thing because you don't want to be social

if you wanna play with hubby, play with him, just avoid the roulette, its not a part of the main game/story and offers nothing you could call progression, it is entirely optional and your best option is to leave it to other people
    Or do what you normally would. .. then duty roulette for bonus, then go back.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Norelle Lemercier
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Maku View Post
    Another important Life Lesson to learn that you can learn from a game: You don't always get what you want in life, get over it and move on.

The roulette didn't even exist till a few days ago. It isn't like the roulette took something away from you. You have nothing to complain about.
    Well, you're wrong. I dunno how much more clearly i can say this, but here goes!

Roulette DOES take away from people who don't want to queue solo -- the roulette bonus acts as a system of positive feedback to encourage a specific style of play, and one with extremely significant implications on endgame progression! Since people who play with friends instead of doing daily roulettes take a lot longer to cap in terms of real time, solo queueing is not only more attractive, it's more respectful of the time of the game's paying customers. If playing solo gets you heaps of free money and tomes, and if there is NO WAY to get a similar bonus by playing with friends, that is a TACIT PENALTY to people who want to spend time playing games with people they know.

As well, those of you who keep pointing out that it's intended to reward players who do lower level dungeons to help out new players seem to have somehow forgotten the existence of the high level roulette, which helps out nobody except other level capped players, who would have simply been queueing for those same dungeons anyway or forming a group in Mor Dhona, or whatever -- so we can take it as given that you're also wrong. While main scenario and low-level roulette are pretty laudable efforts to keep people helping new players, high-level roulette isn't anything more than a one-a-day bonus to keep people playing and subscribing.

I will also point out, as a small aside, that i have yet to see anyone in main scenario roulette who actually needed help finishing the storyline -- not that i doubt that new players will benefit from this, but that, whether by design or accident, it, too, is mainly a means for people already participating in endgame content to accelerate their farm, rather than being primarily for the benefit of new players.

I know fully well i can't always get what i want in playing a game created and designed by other people for profit, so you didn't really have to be condescending about it -- not that i expect any better from thick-headed people on the forums. However, in this case, what i want is a game i can play with friends, in a capacity greater than a chat room running in the background while i do dungeons with people i don't know. If that's the vision for high-level play in this game -- that you should be doing crafting solo and dailies solo and roulette solo, and really only grouping with people in 8-man statics for coil and CT, and if PVE balance is going to be held hostage by PVP considerations... like, there were actually a couple reasons i quit playing WoW, is all i'm saying here. And in that game, you could do your dailies with your friends.
    (7)
    Last edited by Norondor; 12-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ninji Masaki
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 51
    My g/f and I only have about 4 hours per day to play the game, I also like to be as efficient as possible. If she and I were to do the Low level/High Level/Main Story roulette for the bonus tomestones, it can take up to 3 hours away from each other. Only having 1 hour of game time in the day to play with each other. SE released an option that is exclusive to a certain play style, in an MMO where you are able to play with friends. Everyone saying that it is wrong for couples to expect to play together while getting the same benefits of roulette, imagine if this type of thing were implemented in every multiplayer game. 1/3
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Ninji Masaki
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 51
    Imagine CoD you can level up faster but only when you don't play with friends, LoL you can only get bonuses while doing things solo and not with friends, sure optional, but who doesn't want to be efficient as possible while playing a game and what is the point of a friends list if you can't play with them while receiving benefits? Sacrifice efficiency to play with friends or sacrifice friends for efficiency...why are those our two options? For those who say it is to help out those who queue solo, that doesn't make any sense. You are saying those who play as a party still can and those who queue solo still can, it is the exact same. Saying also for people who want to play with their significant other or friends to just not use the daily roulette are taking people away that can help you queue. 2/3
    (7)

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast