Character
    Kaelie Niie
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have additional information regarding the feature that will allow players to use pre-made parties in the duty roulette. The development team is currently working on this and they plan to address this in patch 2.3.
    Sorry, but this is too late for a LOT of us out there here that play with our significant other or friends. 2.3 is too far off. If it cant be here for 2.2 fine its 14 days away and we understand that it probably will take more time than that, but it needs to be sooner than the normal "3 months" away that 2.3 will be. Sorry but I can not deal with another 3.5 months of being forced to do things without my better half.
    (8)
    I'd rather be in Zitah

Player
    Character
    Velo'a Nharoz
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Sorry, but this is too late for a LOT of us out there here that play with our significant other or friends. 2.3 is too far off. If it cant be here for 2.2 fine its 14 days away and we understand that it probably will take more time than that, but it needs to be sooner than the normal "3 months" away that 2.3 will be. Sorry but I can not deal with another 3.5 months of choosing out of my own free will to do this single, insignificant thing that is not required to enjoy all the other content in the game without my better half.
    Fixed this for ya ^-^
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Lanfear Sessurea
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Well it is rather silly to make our dailies be totally with strangers. In an mmo. Of all godamn things.

I support this idea. I think sooner than 2.3 too please. Big QoL issue here imo.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Leona Thane
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Sorry, but this is too late for a LOT of us out there here that play with our significant other or friends. 2.3 is too far off. If it cant be here for 2.2 fine its 14 days away and we understand that it probably will take more time than that, but it needs to be sooner than the normal "3 months" away that 2.3 will be. Sorry but I can not deal with another 3.5 months of being forced to do things without my better half.
    Who is forcing you to do anything? You can run any dungeon you want with your partner. You're just upset that you don't get the bonus for grouping with randoms. I'm actually really peeved they are going to change this. Do people really not understand a risk/reward system? The greater the risk (grouping with randoms) the greater the reward should be (bonus stuff). Grouping with your friends/family lowers your risk, why should you get the same reward?
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Thayos Redblade
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Who is forcing you to do anything? You can run any dungeon you want with your partner. You're just upset that you don't get the bonus for grouping with randoms. I'm actually really peeved they are going to change this. Do people really not understand a risk/reward system? The greater the risk (grouping with randoms) the greater the reward should be (bonus stuff). Grouping with your friends/family lowers your risk, why should you get the same reward?
    THIS.

Also, who's to say people who run the DF roulette in groups will be eligible for the SAME reward? What if groups in the roulette only get half the reward?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    They aren't forcing you to do things without your friends, you are choosing to. The whole purpose of duty roulette was to get solo players through the queue faster, other games have this same feature and make you queue solo. On average if you queue with friends you can do much faster organized runs that finish in half or one third of the time it takes then if you would of gone with random pug. Now you do get less points pre run but that is made up in being able to finish faster due to having more organization then playing then with randoms.

For example if I do WP with my FC we finish in 10 min, we can do 3 runs for 90 myth. Now then if I go with randoms it takes like 30 min because people can't speed run and most of the time do not have good gear and for that one run i got 30+40 for roulette bonus. So in the end I made less points.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zumi; 03-15-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kayumi Dirac
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    2.3 seriously? Also this isn't about couples only. The daily roulette could be an opportunity to do something with your friends once a day. It's morpg after all. Yes sure we can just do a normal dungeon run with our friends and not get the bonus.

The point is, people want to play together and by implementing the duty roulette SE -practially- has taken away the opportunity to play together with your friends on a regular basis. The fact is, these days people only do one highlv dungeon a day max (highlv roulette). There is little to no reason to do any more than that. Nobody or very few are willing to gimp their myth income by not doing the roulette and playing with your buddies instead.

The roulette could be the exact opposite: an opportunity to do stuff together at least once a day. I'm tired of playing alone and with strangers.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Darth Sliver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    The roulettes are met to push you in with random people that are forced to play by themselves. It is a complete optional route to take and isnt forced upon you to do, its recommended to do to help you out but you are completely fine with not touching it at all. My first class i hardly touched the roulette and was playing with friends, only touched it near the end when my friends hit 50 before me becuase i had important things to do in RL
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Illumina Panic
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayumi View Post
    2.3 seriously? Also this isn't about couples only. The daily roulette could be an opportunity to do something with your friends once a day. It's morpg after all. Yes sure we can just do a normal dungeon run with our friends and not get the bonus.

The point is, people want to play together and by implementing the duty roulette SE -practially- has taken away the opportunity to play together with your friends on a regular basis. The fact is, these days people only do one highlv dungeon a day max (highlv roulette). There is little to no reason to do any more than that. Nobody or very few are willing to gimp their myth income by not doing the roulette and playing with your buddies instead.

The roulette could be the exact opposite: an opportunity to do stuff together at least once a day. I'm tired of playing alone and with strangers.
    The above posters had already just discussed your point. SE didn't take away anything from you. Everything in the game was already there for you to do with your friends. The only thing they did was ADD a feature called duty roulette which allowed solo players to use to help other players progress. The only thing that is taking away from your experience with friends are each other.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cigaran Lanarik
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 50
    I'm not sure what sickens me more. How many instances there are of this game excluding group play with friends or the number of people ready to jump to Square-Enix's defense over such poor planning.
    (4)

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast