Character
    Veasna Akash
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 32
    Quote Originally Posted by Maku View Post
    Snip
    We don't actually use the roulette when he's home to play indeed. I only use it with my lvl 50 (usually tank to help out the poor dd's) when he's at work because he works more hours than I do. So you're right there, would have been mighty nice though to be able to use the roulette once with the jobs that we're levelling mainly for the nice xp bonus. But all i've seen here in replies, just about, is people jammering about their myth and philo farms. That's also not what the roulette is for right? Farming tomes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rude Rudy
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Why are you so focused on Roulette? You've literally got HALF A PARTY already, if you're so focused on being "social" then just find two more people on your server and do speed runs with them. You'll earn the Myth much faster. It's sort of funny I haven't read this whole thread but it seems like the ONLY argument being made is "We should be able to dual queue for Roulette because we're not allowed to right now". Just leave it alone, you've got plenty of alternatives.

Because roulette makes the game more fun for everyone. I don't want to do WP speed runs continuously, I like variety of DR and DR's buff's returns brings it up to par. Playing dungeons in random order is way more fun than grinding the same over and over. There is no viable alternative. The real question is why does it bother you guys to let duo Q in? It'll make DQ better for everyone.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Pink
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    i agree, gotta seperate from my bf to get a roulette in
    (0)

Player
    Character
    T'lamila Sheqa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Bah I think Squeenix is trying to incentivate solo play vs making friends. In a MMO. With roulette you can only play with people you'll sure never see anymore. get your tomes and go home, nothing constructive. Dailies, they are solo. Well ok they added party finder and something else you can queue with 7 more persons, so I'm unfair, but still...the game was already filled with solo duties. Story, classes quests. A bit too much for a MMO imho. /rant

What i do, since I dislike playing alone or with silent complete strangers I'll never see anymore, I just don't roulette. Sure I have to farm way more to get the same rewards (counting how much the roulette gives in xp for low levels, 5x more?) but I guess in here you choose if you want to progress in xp/tomes/whatever or in social relations. I chose the second.

Player
    Character
    Ixora Lepta
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    is this thread really a thing haha
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colman Meridius
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 56
    I like to play by myself, why can't I solo twintania? Why? Change this SE.

The point of duty roulette is to play with total randoms. That is why I love it, if I rouletted into a group of players who all knew eachother in i90 gear it would take away from the experience. If you already have a group there is already a duty finder function for every dungeon in the game and you already have an easier time getting a group. The idea for duty roulette wasn't to just make farming easier for everyone, if they wanted that they could have just raised the exp/tome drops on every dungeon.

If you let people roulette together the next thing you will see is people shout in Mor Dhona "Looking for high level duty roulette partner. Speed runs!" Or people just partnering up with their FC. Level 70 and 90 gear is already easy enough to obtain.
    (0)
    Last edited by CYoung187; 01-07-2014 at 04:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cligue Okina
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    No the point is to queue up for a random dungeon so people can still experience the low lvl dungeons/not common content and get something out of it. Not being able to duo queue this is just the dumbest thing I have ever seen. If I wanted to play with out my wife/friends I would play a solo game. No reason to force people to solo queue for this...100% no reason. Premades I understand why not, but duo would be 100% fine.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maku Haikasu
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cligue View Post
    No the point is to queue up for a random dungeon so people can still experience the low lvl dungeons/not common content and get something out of it. Not being able to duo queue this is just the dumbest thing I have ever seen. If I wanted to play with out my wife/friends I would play a solo game. No reason to force people to solo queue for this...100% no reason. Premades I understand why not, but duo would be 100% fine.
    Absolutely no one, let me say that again, NO ONE is forcing ANYONE to solo que. Once again, because you guys still don't seem to get it, THEY DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING THEY ONLY ADDED SOMETHING. They added a solo que option that has some bonuses. The bonuses are an incentive but they were never the REASON that Yoshida put in the roulette. If you want to experience random low level dungeons with a partner then just que up in multiple dungeons. NOTHING IS STOPPING YOU FROM DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, no one, not SE, not Yoshida, not any other entity that has anything to do with FFXIV is MAKING/FORCING you to que solo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cligue Okina
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    yes yes you are forced to solo queue if you want to use this feature
    What I don't like is being penalized for wanting to do content with friends I enjoy playing with

Ps. The caps was a nice touch on your post.

Pss. Kanye West Style break down... Maybe you are the one who does not understand, getting locked out of content, exp bonuses, Gil bonuses, myth bonuses and philo bonuses because you want to play an mmo(that's the big thing MMO) with someone you enjoy is dumb.
    (1)
    Last edited by Cligue; 01-07-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maku Haikasu
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I actually use this MMO to stay in touch with my brothers who are studying in America so I do have people I enjoy playing together with. The thing is you are not getting locked out of content. All the content is still right there are your finger tips. Content = Dungeons not the bonuses that the roulette gives.

Also, are you not supposed to use capitols to show importance on certain words when typing in English?
    (0)
    可愛い悪魔

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast