Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Datura Megido
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Difficulty should scale with the amount of love present in the couple. Its so unfair that since we love eachother so much more than other people and spend minutes talking and kissing eachother, we are missing out on dungeon clear time. People playing solo dont have this problem.

A friend of mine has no girlfriend. He feels its unfair that he gets random healer, sometimes ruining his runs. As such he wanted me to ask if we could scale dungeon for 1 player as well. That way he can go in and not be forced to get a girlfriend, being able to focus more on his gameplay. This guy is a percentage of the playerbase, so please listen to him.

Lastly my girlfriend gets hit a lot on titan hardmode. I feel its unfair that when she takes a Landslide we are seperated from eachother! When she's falling down, my life is empty, the loneliness and tragedy that befalls me in those seconds can last anyone else a lifetime. What is done to prevent this?
    (10)
    Last edited by Megido; 12-24-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Isus View Post
    I too play with my SO - tank/healer combo. I have to admit - not playing heals with any other tank has made me a bad healer because I know his moves...
    This is why people really do need to go queue with randoms. I've tanked for people who say they know a dungeon/trial perfectly, have their +1s and good Coil gear...but couldn't heal me well at all. Later I find out they've only healed certain tanks or run in a specific pre-made and rarely heal anyone else, and rely on knowing exactly what their tank is doing to heal them, rather than adapting.

The effect of this isn't nearly as bad as Fate grinding, mostly because these people tend to not be found out in the wild, but when they need a temp or decide to go run random...you know it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rude Rudy
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Don't be a jealous hater. I can't believe some are against the game allowing duos to DR up. It'll get more people doing DR which will help us all out. Why would you close a feature off in a social mmo. Encourages solitary play, you don't get to form lasting relationships with random pugs from different servers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gulvak Garamonde
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Norondor View Post
    Making it impossible to access the best possible way to reach cap while playing with friends or loved ones is actually horrible!
    Since you threw out so many 5 dollar words, I'd love to see your math that proves Duty Roulette is faster than just doing speed runs with a group that is well geared and has synergy, try to demonstrate this without assuming 30 minute DR runs. If your time is so wildly limited you can only spare 30 minutes to 60 minutes a day (which is kind of hard to swallow given the time you spent engaging in a flamewar here) I guess I'll just say "sorry" because it's really not a lot of time to play these types of games. Of course you'll be at a disadvantage if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by bob13bob View Post
    Don't be a jealous hater. I can't believe some are against the game allowing duos to DR up. It'll get more people doing DR which will help us all out. Why would you close a feature off in a social mmo. Encourages solitary play, you don't get to form lasting relationships with random pugs from different servers.
    Why are you so focused on Roulette? You've literally got HALF A PARTY already, if you're so focused on being "social" then just find two more people on your server and do speed runs with them. You'll earn the Myth much faster. It's sort of funny I haven't read this whole thread but it seems like the ONLY argument being made is "We should be able to dual queue for Roulette because we're not allowed to right now". Just leave it alone, you've got plenty of alternatives.

I don't know why it bothers you guys so much that you can't duo queue into Duty Roulette, but it sure isn't Myth Tome efficiency or for the joy of having a dungeon picked randomly. So it has to be either "I'm not allowed to do this, so I want to" or some other more nefarious reason.
    (3)
    Last edited by Worm; 12-27-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Andevom Vonskivaux
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by mythicrose View Post
    Norondor,

The words you are looking for are "opportunity cost" over penalty. Weigh the decision of whether or not the few extra tomes with random people in a dungeon not of your choosing are worth trading in your time with known people and dungeon of choice.
    Boom. Basically the entire answer right there. The bonuses you get are justified since you have a greater chance of failure completing a dungeon with people you don't know than a group of friends you clear them with all the time, and it's highly likely the runs will take you longer with randoms.

Now, if you work things out with the random players you meet via good party communication to get through dungeon runs as effectively as you do with your loved ones...guess what? You're socializing! And thus the integrity of the MMORPG is preserved.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Veasna Akash
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 32
    Time to set the record straight, it's amazing howmany people just draw to conclusions. I do actually que the roulette with my lvl 50 tank when he's at work, his time to play with me is limited and we'd like to be able to use the roulette with our lower level jobs because well, who doesn't like a 160k bonus?

Don't assume that because people want to level up their chars together that they are unable of playing seperately, we do that often enough on our level 50 jobs. We just like to travel the road to together.

Besides I dont see how any dd is suffering if we would indeed be given the option of doing roulette with our lvl 50 main, seeing as im tank and he's healer. I guess dd wouldnt be helped at all would they?
    (0)
    Last edited by Veasna; 12-30-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ispen Frostwyght
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Duty roulette is not intended for couples or triples or premades it's intended for those who want to lend a hand cause some need incentive to help hence the bonus and for those who don't have anyone to group with yes people play mmos all on their lonesome. It's probably there to help the dps out with their horrible waiting times aswell.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viva Diva
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Veasna View Post
    Besides I dont see how any dd is suffering if we would indeed be given the option of doing roulette with our lvl 50 main, seeing as im tank and he's healer. I guess dd wouldnt be helped at all would they?
    So the roulette should allow you to pair up because he happens to be a tank and you happen to be a healer? What about couples where one plays a DD? How about those where both play a DD? Should the programming only allow specific roles to queue together, or just make an exception for your two accounts? Just try to queue at the same time and hope to get in to the same dungeon. There's a very good chance you will get matched together as a healer and tank. That's what I do when I want to run content with someone but do it through the roulette. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maku Haikasu
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    "We want to play together but we want to be as efficient as possible."

The above is pretty much what all these couples are saying. Do you know what this statement actually sounds like to everyone else and you just simply don't realize it?

It actually says "We care more about being efficient then actually playing together." If playing together was the most important thing to you all then this thread would never have started because the roulette didn't actually change ANYTHING. It added something.

"We only have four hours a day to play together." Um, and? Many of us who work and have lives have less than four hours to play at all. Further more, if playing together was the most important thing to you than it wouldn't matter how you spent those four hours playing together because the bottom line is that you would be playing together.

I think you all really need to address your relationships.
    (4)
    可愛い悪魔

Player
    Character
    Veasna Akash
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 32
    Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMalFleur View Post
    So the roulette should allow you to pair up because he happens to be a tank and you happen to be a healer? What about couples where one plays a DD? How about those where both play a DD?
    Way to twist my words, I never said that. Ofcourse there will be situations where we will also que with tank + dd or healer and dd. Especially when levelling jobs you can't always level up tanks and healers no? I just don't see why people think its taking something away from them while its not. I for one dont see the use of queing roulette with our dd's when we have a tank and healer, so we would use those for this. (except when levelling up ofcourse.., but you can only level up so many jobs so) I only see it adding something and not taking it away from others.
    (0)

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast