Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello everyone!

When Hiroshi Minagawa gave an update yesterday in regards to the Duty List feature, he included a screenshot of the Japanese development client, which included an icon that caught some players' eye.

Can you spot it? (Hint: it's to the left of the "3.")

Below is an explanation from him about what this is.
    Faction leve credits are coming back?
    (1)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Celenir Istarkh
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Even after him saying it's extraneous data you still want to read into it? :3
    (5)
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Player
    Character
    Saedrin Nightfury
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Icons able to be typed directly into the chat... nice.

Now if only you guys' added chat-hyperlinks... would've preferred those be worked on :P

Let us link items into chat!

Let us also model-view items!!

PLEASE!!!
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Saedrin Nightfury
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Greetings,

I think you'll all be happy to know that we'll soon be re-implementing the feature we had in the Beta that will allow you to use check boxes to select what is tracked on the Duty List.

Attachment 812

The development team is currently finalizing the functionality and performing final checks, so stay tuned!
    TY So Much!!! Omg I love you SE, sincerely.

Now, I do have one simple QoL I might request you add to this questing feature while there is still time for iteration...

Please have the quest-icon in the Journal change to the "complete/ready for turn-in" icon when you've completed a quest & are yet to turn in it.

It's very frustrating having to click through every single daily to ensure you've met all the requirements before returning to the quest-giver...

One example, I beat the FATE required for "The Magitek Menace" but had not noticed my inventory was full (& so I didn't receive the quest-item necessary for completion), since I had met the requirement I didn't bother to highlight that particular quest in the Journal... it would've helped had I visibly seen it were incomplete in the log.

Which reminds me, please make that item "Proto Identification Key(?)" a Key Item.
    (6)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Antanias View Post
    Faction leve credits are coming back?
    No, he's revealing the character codes for all the special symbols in the FFXIV font. (The white-blocked alphabet might be abused by RMT if this gets out though...)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Hello everyone!

When Hiroshi Minagawa gave an update yesterday in regards to the Duty List feature, he included a screenshot of the Japanese development client, which included an icon that caught some players' eye.

Can you spot it? (Hint: it's to the left of the "3.")

Below is an explanation from him about what this is.
    Ok sorry to ask but how does the whole square thing work ? I dont mean paste/copy it into the chat. I mean how is one square A etc ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myranda Al'cyoene
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Masekase_Hurricane View Post
    Ok sorry to ask but how does the whole square thing work ? I dont mean paste/copy it into the chat. I mean how is one square A etc ?
    They're characters in the "private use area" section of Unicode. So there is no standard symbol at those codepoints in normal English fonts (or any language, for that matter). SE just added them there for use in the game, which is why that section exists in the first place, to stick custom symbols in it. If you look at each box carefully, you'll see it actually has the number for each codepoint inside it. For example the first box is character U+E031 and the next row starts with U+E042.
    (3)
    Last edited by Myranda; 01-22-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Korvus Rook'shir
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Greetings,

I think you'll all be happy to know that we'll soon be re-implementing the feature we had in the Beta that will allow you to use check boxes to select what is tracked on the Duty List.

Attachment 812

The development team is currently finalizing the functionality and performing final checks, so stay tuned!
    Yessssss! Thank you so much! x3
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mykll Valiant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I would be happy either way. Let is select which quests show up, or, increase the list to show 6 quests. To, you know, match the 6 daily quest limit.
    (1)
    MANTASTIC: I got 1017 problems, but playing FFXIV ain't one.

Llyren: Lala Tanks hit point density levels attract small planets

Player
    Character
    Shinalia Durstian
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Myranda View Post
    They're characters in the "private use area" section of Unicode. So there is no standard symbol at those codepoints in normal English fonts (or any language, for that matter). SE just added them there for use in the game, which is why that section exists in the first place, to stick custom symbols in it. If you look at each box carefully, you'll see it actually has the number for each codepoint inside it. For example the first box is character U+E031 and the next row starts with U+E042.
    Unfortunately it's not as easy to punch those in as it is with extended ASCII (alt+0169 for ©, for example). :P

It would be nice to be able to easily punch in the HQ symbol. 
    (0)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast