Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Also makes me wonder why it is so hard to implement a feature that was clearly in the game once already. Should be easy enough to go into your source control and grab the code for the feature and reimplement it the exact same way.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Vaera Ty'rin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eekiki View Post
    Thanks Camate, but that still doesn't answer the question as to why it was removed in the first place, since it worked just fine in beta.
    Agreed. The beta had a simple working interface, would have been plenty fine for 2.1.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Squishy Pants
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eekiki View Post
    Thanks Camate, but that still doesn't answer the question as to why it was removed in the first place, since it worked just fine in beta.
    That was originally addressed when people noticed that the 'feature' disappeared. It turns out it was not a planned 'feature' but a bug that was introduced upon fixing the bug the duty list returned the behavior to what you have today.
    It was not an intended 'feature' and the bug that was fixed just happened to have the side effect of giving us what appeared to be this feature. As this was not part of the original design or feature set they could not just leave it alone as other systems in the game were not written to handle or deal with this, they could have risked data lose problems as data was not setup to be persisted when hiding items.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vaera Ty'rin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DSN View Post
    That was originally addressed when people noticed that the 'feature' disappeared. It turns out it was not a planned 'feature' but a bug that was introduced upon fixing the bug the duty list returned the behavior to what you have today.
    It was not an intended 'feature' and the bug that was fixed just happened to have the side effect of giving us what appeared to be this feature.
    A button labeled for the tracker and checkboxes to toggle (iirc what the 'feature' included) don't just happen as a result of a bug. iirc it was given to us on purpose as a dev tool to bug test quests but they didn't realize we'd want to keep the feature. The code is there, it has (had) working functionality within the journal ui.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Valkyrie Bloodbaine
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 66
    Don't worry, SE is working to implement it. That means it might become available in 3 months with the majority of 2.1 content. Except then you'll have to wait until you gather 200000000 gilt put have the right to adjust what quests are shown. Then to actually use it, you have to go participate I. 15 "randomly occurring" fates. Well find out after 2.2 hits they SE thinks you'll actually get this feature unlocked 3-4 months after then officially implement it. Just like everything else...
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Dis Order
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It turns out it was not a planned 'feature' but a bug that was introduced upon fixing the bug the duty list returned the behavior to what you have today. It was not an intended 'feature' and the bug that was fixed just happened to have the side effect of giving us what appeared to be this feature. .

So... What you're saying is that it bugged and put check boxes by each quest, that when checked or unchecked would add or remove quests from the duty list?

And that this was only a unintended bug that was completely coincedental?

That is the most absurd thing i've heard today. That was an intended feature, as you can see by the development teams previous posts discussing "when this feature will return". Not "this bug that we fixed that did something cool". So before you speak out of your rear, for some reason trying to make an excuse for them, please get your facts straight.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Mio Kuromi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 63
    It wasn't a bug. It was a feature that they pulled because it introduced bugs, but it wasn't a feature that was introduced with bugs. I have to admit, the feature was nice, but it was still quirky and at times didn't work at all. I must imagine that they couldn't actually get it to work bug-free, and pulled this, as well as many other features, since the game itself was released with all sorts of holes, security exploits and driver issues.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cikala Silvercloud
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 79
    This is just ridiculous. This simple and very useful feature never should have been removed in the first place. Now it takes 7+ months to put it back in? Trying to get anything useful done around here is like pulling teeth.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Wiggly Pinworms
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Below is an update from Hiroshi Minagawa in regards to the feature for selecting which quests are displayed on your Duty List.
    Hot damn! This is needed badly!
    (2)

I look forward to getting this feature back too! Thanks for the reply Camate!
    (3)

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..
    FFXIV Inventory Tetris Champ

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast