Character
    Gokuhan Kai
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

I think you'll all be happy to know that we'll soon be re-implementing the feature we had in the Beta that will allow you to use check boxes to select what is tracked on the Duty List.

Attachment 812

The development team is currently finalizing the functionality and performing final checks, so stay tuned!
    Thank goodness! I don't know why they cut out this awesome feature to begin with.
    (6)

2. 01-21-2014 09:18 AM

Player
    Character
    Goufunaki Rammstein
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Greetings,

I think you'll all be happy to know that we'll soon be re-implementing the feature we had in the Beta that will allow you to use check boxes to select what is tracked on the Duty List.

Attachment 812

The development team is currently finalizing the functionality and performing final checks, so stay tuned!
    FINALLY! I loved this feature.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aven Vaulton
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Greetings,

Thanks Camate! Looking forward to this! ^__^
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rowyne Moonsong
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    So glad to get this back! It was a wonderful feature back in beta. I've been missing it ever since.

Player
    Character
    Mira Celeniq
    World
    Zeromus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Finally!

After half an year, we finally have solid confirmation.

I would suggest that devs maintain a list of these "yes we know about it and it will 100% be implemented" features. And sticky it somewhere.
    (5)
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Player
    Character
    Forra Descren
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 54
    Oh, neat. Maybe now I can keep the duty list up but have nothing in it - redundant sounding I know, but that means I don't have to screw with the UI settings every time I want to know the background of a FATE I joined or access level sync, without having that irritating little thing clogging my screen elsewise.
    (3)
    Roleplay Profile: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=961&pid=15275#pid15275

Player
    Character
    Skadi'a Felihzeh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fensfield View Post
    Oh, neat. Maybe now I can keep the duty list up but have nothing in it - redundant sounding I know, but that means I don't have to screw with the UI settings every time I want to know the background of a FATE I joined or access level sync, without having that irritating little thing clogging my screen elsewise.
    +1
    I wish Leves info and FATE info would be separate from the quests infos, so I can use the UI like it was in 1.0
    (2)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_N_Ants View Post
    When coding something the smallest changes can mess everything else up... It's not as simple as adding the code again because it works like a highway... Cars come on and move off if everything isn't running properly then no one goes anywhere...
    I beg to differ. I am a software developer so I am very familiar with how source control, and the way that code changes can mess things up. In this instance you have two main sets of functionality. 1 is the quest log we see when we out questing, and the other is the journal where we select quests. In one you simply have a toggle that flips a variable to show or not show the quest. With a small amount of logic limiting the selection to 5 quests. Then on the quest log you simply display only the ones where the "show" variable is set to true. These are two very small pieces of code that interact with almost no other parts of the system. It should have been as easy as going to their source code, selecting the functioning code, and repaste into the new code. Then make any required small changes for anything new that has been added. In this case I am unaware of any functional changes made to either the Journal or the quest list. So I say again. It should have just been as simple as going to their source control and re-implementing the feature. It isn't like we are modifying the graphics engine, or the animation system. It is two simple UI windows that display a list of data. That's it. Very simple.

I can only imagine the reason they removed it was for the ps3 somehow. That reasoning feels very weak though. I have no idea why this feature was removed at all.
    (2)
    Last edited by Tiggy; 01-22-2014 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Limit Break

Player
    Character
    Zerosion Ferodatz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Antanias View Post
    After reading this, I just might have to stop using my Behemoth Horn to summon you for my personal traveling needs...but the chair....
    Don't be fooled, we all know he's just a Snurble in disguise.
    (1)

Hello everyone!

When Hiroshi Minagawa gave an update yesterday in regards to the Duty List feature, he included a screenshot of the Japanese development client, which included an icon that caught some players' eye.

Can you spot it? (Hint: it's to the left of the "3.")

Below is an explanation from him about what this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroshi_Minagawa View Post
    This is the remains of extraneous data that was displayed during debugging. Apologies this got your hopes up for something.

To make up for it, I’ll teach you a secret technique.

Try copy and pasting the content between the stars of the below lines into the FFXIV chat window.

★★
    ★★
    ★★
    ★★
    (27)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast