Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Selawyn Kludra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    There *was* a bug with it during the beta though. If you removed an item from your tracking, sometimes it'd still be tracking anyway, and similarly, sometimes when you re-added an entry to be tracked, it instead wouldn't track. I don't remember what phase that was, but I think it was three since it was gone in Phase four.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mira Celeniq
    World
    Zeromus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 65
    "Hey I don't know how to fix it, let's pretend it's not needed and just remove it."

That's probably what went through dev's minds when they decided to remove it.

In BETA, no less.

Instead of trying to fix it and have it tested by players, in, you know, the beta-test, they decided to remove a feature. Then ignores cries to put it in for almost half a year, now it's scheduled for the next major update.
    (8)
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Player
    Character
    Portus Cale
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Please give it back.
    (3)
    He doesn't mind us conducting trials so close to his bazaar, so long as he's properly compensated... Yes, Portus, we pay him in sorcery-blasted bird flesh. - Cocobygo

Player
    Character
    Aven Vaulton
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Man... it seems we have to wait for at least 3 months (or more...) for this feature to even have a chance to be returned to us.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Charon Akutenshi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cikala View Post
    This is just ridiculous. This simple and very useful feature never should have been removed in the first place. Now it takes 7+ months to put it back in? Trying to get anything useful done around here is like pulling teeth.
    Seriously? You obviously know nothing about game development. Just because a feature is easy to use for you doesn't mean it's easy to implement. It's actually quite the opposite. The easier it is for you to use the more difficult it is to implement. You should be happy people far smarter than you exist to make your life easier.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cikala Silvercloud
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by sybase View Post
    Seriously? You obviously know nothing about game development. Just because a feature is easy to use for you doesn't mean it's easy to implement. It's actually quite the opposite. The easier it is for you to use the more difficult it is to implement. You should be happy people far smarter than you exist to make your life easier.
    So you think that 7+ months to return a feature to the game THAT WAS ALREADY IN THE GAME ONCE is justified? Sure, I may not know much about game development, I never claimed to, but I do know that if this one little feature really took that long to put back in we wouldn't be playing ARR right now, instead we'd be waiting for a good 10 or 20 years.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Charon Akutenshi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cikala View Post
    So you think that 7+ months to return a feature to the game THAT WAS ALREADY IN THE GAME ONCE is justified? Sure, I may not know much about game development, I never claimed to, but I do know that if this one little feature really took that long to put back in we wouldn't be playing ARR right now, instead we'd be waiting for a good 10 or 20 years.
    But that's my point. It was in the game during BETA as part of TESTING. Obviously they found in testing some very serious bugs in the feature and decided it better just to shut it off for now instead of diverting attention from things more important. Regardless of their choice players will complain. But I think stuff like twintania being broke took priority over quest log tracker. They've addressed when it'll be back. I'm glad it's coming back. But I'm not going to cry about how long it took.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaelah Tae
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithis View Post
    The fact that this feature was removed in the first place is truly mind boggling.
    This! Can't wait for it to return...
    (2)

~Quit moping, get hoping~

Player
    Character
    C'mohn Nunh
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    At least we have an official release time for it (Feb-April, depending upon release time)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleczan Knighthill
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I remember it acting weird (like some "shown" quest won't show the map marker until you actually go into Journal and select the quest and then hit the "map" button." Even then, sometimes hitting the quest's map button still couldn't bring back the marker (radar). It's great to hear that duty tracker check boxes will return. I got so mad at my Duty List earlier because I couldn't find where I needed to go for the quest without clogging up my screen with Journal and Journal Map, LOL.
    (1)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast