Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mehrea Heartless
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    They probably made this fix to counter the double flare glitch. Not because they thought the previous mechanic was OP.
    But it looks amateurish.

Why ? Because:
    Buff Astral Fire 3: Cast Blizzard 3. AF3 is removed 0.5sec before the end of the cast.
    Buff Astral Fire 1: Cast Blizzard 1. AF1 is only removed when your spell hits the target.
    Buff Astral Fire 1: Cast Blizzard 3. AF1 is only removed when your spell hits the target.

Amateurish fix is amateurish.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Optikal Bloodmana
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 27
    So, if they fixed the fast cast of FI after a FIII then why not fix a quick cast FIII after a BI (assuming the BI gives you AI3).

Try this. BI > BI > BI > FIII. If you do it fast enough, the FIII is a slow cast as if you had AI2, not AI3. So they fixed the so called bug one way, as it fixes double flare, but the way it works only for one way instead of the other seems like mechanics are still wrong.

Just an FYI why I noticed this, sometimes if i am doing Flare > convert > Flare > transpose and just casted a Thundercloud proc right before that sequence, there is no reason why i should use a thunder again. So i bI bI then back into rotation. However if i dont wait for my second BI to hit, my FIII is a slow cast as if im still on AI2.

Food for though of why?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wiggly Pinworms
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I'm noticing that sometimes your will get your mana tick instantly back, and sometimes you wait out a full tick. This is very clumsy feeling.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wolfies Fenrir
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Hmmm.. To the people who are saying they are sometimes getting their mana back instantly..that always happened; just far less. The change they made is that it seems like after the first second, no matter what, it is 3 seconds before the next tick. I used to never finish the ice stance with 70-80% mana. If I do not cast scathe, or wait a split second, I will not end up with full mana.

No one includes Flare into their single rotation and it is kinda sad. If you are quick, it's a nice dps increase.

T2 > Quelling > F3 > Raging Strikes > F1 > swiftcast > flare > (f3 if proced) > convert > B3 > T2 > F3

After B3:
    If mana isn't an instant tick, cast T2 then scathe then F3.
    If mana is instant, just do T2 then F3.

After B3 with Fire proc up:
    Cast T2 then scathe then wait a small amount, F3.

You can only do Flare with convert, so like every 3 minutes. In the beginning, it's amazing with raging strikes for me with 82 rating I can crit for over 2200.
    best of luck
    (0)
    Last edited by Wolfies; 12-21-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sparda Amon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I have been doing lots of testing on different rotations, including what have been suggested on these forums. They almost all workout just no rotation can fully control the ticks. Perfectly timed transpose still instantly gives back 1.2k mana but like it have been mentioned,second and any following tick are always going to be on 3 seconds timer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Waliel Hla
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The best one that works for me is to just keep my eye on mana ticks and wait extra 0.5 seconds or so accordingly. Your UI3 buff just disappears 0.5 seconds earlier than before and your AF3 applies at the same time as always, and nothing about mana tick timings has been changed as far as I know.
    (0)

Yoshi-P is doing his best and is patching Endwalker. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Player
    Character
    Mehrea Heartless
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Waliel View Post
    The best one that works for me is to just keep my eye on mana ticks and wait extra 0.5 seconds or so accordingly. Your UI3 buff just disappears 0.5 seconds earlier than before and your AF3 applies at the same time as always, and nothing about mana tick timings has been changed as far as I know.
    That is exactly what I am doing for classic rotation, but this is a DPS loss and when you just used a Thundercloud proc right before your Blizzard 3 (= you don't need to cast any Thunder after that blizzard), you cannot simply go back to F3 ignoring thunder because you will now have 0 MP tick, whereas you used to get 2/3 of your MP back by doing this. Ignoring thunder was also very good for Trash Mobs with low hp. Can be replaced with Scathe but far less effective than going back to F3 right after B3.

Someone explain me how this can be logical:
    Buff Umbral Ice 3: Cast Fire 3. UI3 is removed 0.5sec before the end of the cast.
    Buff Umbral Ice 1: Cast Fire 1. UI1 is only removed when your spell hits the target.
    Buff Umbral Ice 1: Cast Fire 3. UI1 is only removed when your spell hits the target.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Allyrion Windwalker
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Louro999 View Post
    Someone explain me how this can be logical:
    Because only at 3 stacks do you get a reduced cast time. If you want to try to game your mana regen with lesser UI stacks, you can (like for double Flare).
    The cast time will still make it a dps loss and it will be unreliable.

So really, they only needed to change UI3 since it has that additional effect.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mehrea Heartless
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyrion View Post
    Because only at 3 stacks do you get a reduced cast time.
    And so what ?
    How the cast being faster could justify that the buff should be removed before the spell hits the target ?
    UI3 is removed 0.5sec before the end of the cast wheras UI1 is removed after the splell hits the target.

Absurd.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I'm going to look at a new rotation as well. I'm curious why most rotations have Thunder used during UI rather than AF. Isn't it better to snapshot the DOT during the AF3 damage buff?
    F3-T1-F1 to OOM or with enough to B3
    B3 or B2 till full mana then repeat.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast